Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 02:06 PM

21 posts, read 57,932 times

Advertisements

I am currently looking at moving into the huntsville area for a job, looking for a nice new neighborhood, i was referred to the river landing subdivision, does anyone have any insight on development around the area,the company building and the plans on it. I went to the website but it did not shed much light.
Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 10:23 AM

26 posts, read 88,243 times
River View is pretty much out at the far southwest section of huntsville near the airport and sits pretty much out all on it's own. There isn't much out that way yet. The Brelands Breland Homes | Huntsville Home Builders are developing it. My wife mentioned to me a few weeks ago that she heard they sold their first house in their recently. There are actually 2 developments at River View which you can see at the Brelands web-site. Those on the south side of the road appear to be starter homes with larger home on the north side. You can also get floorplans on their website, I believe they are all ranch style homes.

Good luck

Old 06-06-2009, 10:11 PM

81 posts, read 279,221 times
It depends on your price range but if you are starting around $225,000 then you should also look at Lake Forrest and the Reserve. They are in the same area but for the money I think they are much nicer than the subdivision you are talking about. One of the builders in both of the neighborhoods that I mentioned is HPH Homes.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:51 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,284,305 times
Might you be referring to "The Bridges on the River" subdivision? This is a Mark Harris Homes sub. Nice homes, good quality. North/East of Huntsville between Winchester Road and Highway 72 East. Good schools, easy drive into Huntsville. Really nice area to live.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:55 PM

No I was referring to river landing, I talked to a relative recently and he said that zeirdt road was turning into a residential road with many subdivisions planned. Are there any plans to build any developments around that road.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:09 PM

26 posts, read 88,243 times
River Landing is off of Zierdt rd a few miles south of Martin Rd. on the southwest part of Huntsville not too far from the airport. There does appear to be a good bit of construction going on in the general area. As someone else mentioned Lake Forest in my opinion is nicer than River Landing but that's just my opinion.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:05 PM

So i finally went to river landing and was very impressed with the club house and pool and some of the homesites, what is the general concensus on this area and community, also there are 3 builders, breland ,adams and hph. I am leaning more towards an hph homes, any advice on the builders and area would be nice.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:32 PM

79 posts, read 186,149 times
Read your contract with HPH closely and the follow up after the sale when it comes to warrenty issues. That builder has had some challanges. We toured several HPH homes in several developments and looked between the walls on several homes; we found all kinds of trash, even under the already set glory bath. Many of the build sites did not have any english speakers so the subs HPH uses are only as good as their bond of which many subs were not bonded. This is why there is some risk if something goes wrong with your home. The Prime has the lead to fix it but it may take sometime if the sub has folded.

They build cookie cutter homes that look nice and offer nice interriors, just make sure you get everything in writting. Adams has a better reputation but builds a less expensive home. There is another thread on Breland, I for one have no data on them.

A good build is Ken McDaniles, home prices range from the high $200s up to $400s depending where you buy. You can also look at local builders the ones above are all regional builders, with a local firm you need to be more cautious but there are some great ones out there.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:08 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,836,922 times
Have a friend who bought a HPH home and has had problems. Now no builder is perfect and no home is perfect but you don't expect to have leaks and MOLD within a few weeks of moving in. I would definitely have an inspector and if possible have one contracted at different stages of the build if you are going from the ground up. Your builder is only as good as his follow up is if any problems. Talk to neighbors and other buyers and ask what their experience is with any home you buy. I personally in my VERY humble opinion (so no controversy on this please) Zierdt road is a nightmare. We saw this happen time and again in the Atlanta area. A country road with developements going up everywhere and not able to handle the traffic. The turn lane onto the road from Madison Blvd in the Am and PM is ridiculous.Very backed up. Also look at the number of foreclosures in the neighborhood. Will impact your property for sure. Good luck!

Old 07-29-2009, 05:14 PM

93 posts, read 201,143 times
That area is looking real nice, zeirdt rd is a major accident waiting to happen, but you can always take wall triana to that area. The development is supposed to have 1000 lots i think with most being house lots and some apartments. There are alot of homes selling and i think this has to due with its low cost and proximity to gate 7. As others have said prob one of the top pool clubhouses in area. The development was orginally supposed to be for pricey home(hince the nice clubhouse and pool amenities)but the market flopped and low cost hoes was a better sell. What are they building behind it though, it streches from wall triana to zeirdt as well, alot of dirt clearing in that development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area