Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 09:00 PM

12 posts, read 48,811 times

Advertisements

Hi again,

I have been looking at homes in the Clearwater/Hampton Ridge area. I found out Adams Homes last phase is sold to Breland Homes. Breland will build around 60 homes in the 140k-180k range (1300 sq. ft. min).

I noticed this past week many more homes are up for sale in this area.

Does anyone think this will hurt the resale values in this area? I wonder if thats why I am starting to see more homes coming up for sale in this area?

Last edited by BAMA GRITS; 06-05-2009 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: Modify Title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 03:54 PM

55 posts, read 228,421 times
Hi Bama Grits, don't have an answer for you, but I'm interested to hear what anyone has to say. We live in Clearwater, on the cul-de-sac that backs up to the Breland lots and we too are concerned. I will say that we love living in Clearwater and really love our house.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:32 PM

Thanks quiltkat, what are the neighbors saying? One concern is the Breland houses will be connected to Hampton Ridge with the new back road plus the existing road connected back over to Clearwater. The cheaper houses will not be isolated from the surrounding subdivisions.

Makes me nervous no one has added feedback considering all the Hampton Cove house discussions on the forum. I did find more homes in the area coming up for sale on MLS and FSBO this past weekend.

What does it mean

Old 06-08-2009, 09:32 PM

103 posts, read 276,899 times
I can understand why you wouldn't want the smaller houses to be built right up to your subdivision, but I guess it doesn't matter whether it's Breland or Adams, right?

My guess is that the families that moved into these small houses just need more room now. They seem to fit the bill for a young couple/starting out family--3 or 4 bedrooms and 2 baths. But they're small so after a couple of years you may get the urge to move up to something with more square footage, bigger yard, etc. Just my speculations.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:14 PM

Pirat_cat thanks for the feedback. The houses coming up for sale are in the Hampton Ridge and Clearwater (surrounding areas around Breland/Adams homes). The past few weeks, more homes are showing up in MLS and a few FSBO over the weekend.

The difference between Breland and Adams? Based on the previous Breland thread, not too many positive things. http://www.city-data.com/forum/huntsville-madison-decatur-area/647496-breland-homes.html

Breland is now developing the area (pipes/roads etc). Plus the Breland homes start as low as 140K - 180K. I do not think Adams homes are that low in price, at least not what is selling now?

Resale value concerns?

Old 06-08-2009, 11:49 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,854,279 times
Are there difference in the square footage of house being sold? I am sure in resale situation people look at $/sq ft (plus added ammenties, upgrades, etc.) and, if existing homes are bigger then it should command a higher selling price. If the current homes are listing at a higher $/sq. ft than Breland homes, then that too will be a factor when buyers comparison shop.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:54 AM

122 posts, read 352,687 times
The gentleman who used to run Adams homes here in Huntsville now is running projects for Breland. I respect him and have never heard anything negative about him. Adams homes are in that same price range (140-180).

Old 06-09-2009, 12:57 PM

1,618 posts, read 4,764,318 times
I think it's excellent news that smaller and more affordable homes are being built in this part of town. Not everyone wants, needs, or can afford a 3000 square foot home, but may still want to live here. I know, for example, my mother-in-law would like to move out near us, and doesn't want to pay for a bunch of extra square footage she has no use for.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:28 PM

55 posts, read 228,421 times
[quote=BAMA GRITS;9200031]Thanks quiltkat, what are the neighbors saying? [quote]

Well, my next door neighbor couldn't get his fence up fast enough. Most are concerned about the lot sizes, that at least 2 houses will be directly behind just one of our houses. Interesting, my husband stopped by the Adams model home and spoke to the salesman and found out that that salesman lives here in Clearwater. I will say that we are happy that the Adams/Breland subdivision flows directly into Hampton Ridge rather than Clearwater. Best of luck to you.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:11 PM

Back out in ValleyMLS reviewing homes in the area. I noticed a few more on the market this past week. I counted through the listings and found a total of 31 existing homes for sale in clearwater, hampton ridge/hidden cove, adams homes, southhampton (the s/d connected between adams and clearwater). There are 8 new homes.

Seems to be a high number for such a small area???? Makes me nervous when I start to see many homes coming up for sale in a area, always turns out to be a reason why.

I wonder if people are selling due to Breland homes or if there are other reasons not known to buyers yet???

Valleymls breakout (count for today, -/+ 1 or 2 for possible miscount)

Existing Total (31)
clearwater, 4 (plus 1 forclosure)
hampton ridge/hidden cove, 12
southhampton, 9
admams homes 6

New Total (8)
hampton ridge 6
admams homes 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area