Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 04:50 PM

41 posts, read 141,158 times

Advertisements

I lived in Huntsville in 84-88. Definitely a nice place. Back then the town had a good nightlife and was not terribly expensive. The locals tend to be very nice also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 06:31 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,767,122 times
Huntsville is country and is kind of boring. What can we do to help change that because we always complain about how boring it is?

Old 07-06-2009, 06:38 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Huntsville is country and is kind of boring. What can we do to help change that because we always complain about how boring it is?
Start more Huntsville City-Data threads.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Start more Huntsville City-Data threads.
Are you being funny or will this solution help for real?

Old 07-06-2009, 08:09 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Are you being funny or will this solution help for real?
Both. I'm a clown and I like City-Data for stress relief, education, socialization, and fun.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:31 PM

976 posts, read 2,682,097 times
Quote:
It doesn't make sense to have 3 colleges and no nightlife.
Huntsville is just not a cool place.But this is Huntvegas baby they say this is where the educated people of Alabama live.Huntsville-Madison metro has more engineers than all cities in Alabama combined, man forget ATL this is where it goes down.. I would like to give a shout out to Arab because I met one black guy there but he was cool though,shout out to Hazel Green cuz you boys can hunt a deer,shout out to New Hope they pushing that meth and I can't forget Harvest you better lock you doors over there.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:54 PM

21 posts, read 57,932 times
With huntsville expanding and getting much bigger quicker than expected,what do you experts think the population will be around the 2010 census. Do you think huntsville infrastructure is prepared for this growth.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimpdaddy View Post
It doesn't make sense to have 3 colleges and no nightlife.
Huntsville is just not a cool place.But this is Huntvegas baby they say this is where the educated people of Alabama live.Huntsville-Madison metro has more engineers than all cities in Alabama combined, man forget ATL this is where it goes down.. I would like to give a shout out to Arab because I met one black guy there but he was cool though,shout out to Hazel Green cuz you boys can hunt a deer,shout out to New Hope they pushing that meth and I can't forget Harvest you better lock you doors over there.
You're being funny! You're right, forget Atlanta because Atlanta is so overrated, it needs to be shut down! Atlanta is nothing but a bigger Huntsville! Huntsville is what's happening right now; so get over it!

Old 07-06-2009, 09:09 PM

976 posts, read 2,682,097 times
Quote:
You're being funny! You're right, forget Atlanta because Atlanta is so overrated, it needs to be shut down! Atlanta is nothing but a bigger Huntsville! Huntsville is what's happening right now; so get over it!
Well I don't what to tell you KE. Only time will but just read this comment I found on al.com today and I can relate with this guy:
"When we get to comparing cities, we can run into some issues regarding hippocracy.
I lived in Atlanta for 8 1/2 years and found quite a bully attitude there. They were always running other cities down in an effort to make themselves 'look good'. And B'ham made an especially good target. Now they are going after the likes of Chicago. I came to hate it. I also lived in Athens, Alabama not far from Huntsville for 4 1/2 years. In my association with some in Huntsville, I found much of the same mentality. That is very unhealthy.
I now live in Nashville, and I must say, I do not see any of that 'bully other cities' mentality, at least not yet, and they had better not start it.
A city is made good by what it does, by what it offers, by it's own merits. It is not a great city if it's mentality is one of belittling other city or cities to supposedly 'look good'.
Mobile is a fine city, and so is Birmingham. And I cannot help but chuckle at one of the typical comments here to the effect, 'how good Huntsville would be if it built a dome'. That same person would be the first to raise hell over Birmingham's plans to build a dome. This is exactly the mentality I am speaking of."

Every can change in a New York minute and already happening.
Brewers assistant GM warns Huntsville may lose Stars - Breaking News from The Huntsville Times - al.com

Old 07-06-2009, 09:24 PM

1,351 posts, read 3,423,536 times
Quote:

But I'm being NOT! If Atlanta is a bigger Huntsville and it got to the point where it should be shut down, then Huntsville growing so erratically now, will surely get to the point where it should be shut down too. Get your logic? I DO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area