Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 09:18 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,142,848 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the Charm Thai referral. I'm the only one in my family that does not like Thai much, but the rest of the family does...don't know if they've been to that one.
Seems I usually hear them talking about Surin.

I'll have to break down and try Mandarin House. I've pretty much tried to avoid all things buffet...I've never understood what seems to be a primarily Southern fascination with them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 10:45 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,856,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcc97 View Post
Until Sam Woo decides to set up in Hampton Cove, I'll make the best of it at the Mandarin House.
OMG... What would I have to do to get a SAM WOO here !!! Folks, Sam Woo is a FANTASTIC chinese/cantonese seafood restaurant that has "chains" all over LA/OC area.

Did your wife ever take you up to Rowland Heights area chinese restaurants? Lots of authentic places as well.

Sounds like the Mandarin House is a good one. We should drive over there and check it out.

Quote:
We used to drive up to Monterey Park for dim sum - always worth the drive, but Irvine had some good places, too.
We tried one dim sum place in Irvine but was not impressed. IMO, the Dragon-Phoenix restaurant in Little Saigon, in fact almost EVERY dim sum places in Little Saigon, is much better.

Quote:
As for all the Thai places in the HSV area, my wife and I have tried them all and have not been impressed. I hate to say it, but I'd take a Pei Wei (like the one off Edinger in HB) over any of those places any day - Cheap, fresh, and delicious. Perhaps the fact the P.F. Chang's seems to be doing so well here, the company will consider plopping a few Pei Weis around. One can only hope.
One poster mention Mei-Wei on University (by the Kangaroo gas station), it's IMO much better chinese food than all the buffet places I've been to.

This thread reminds me that we're heading back to California during Christmas. We'd be sure to hit all the good food places. So what if I gain 10 lbm afterward !

Old 12-15-2009, 11:02 AM

1,351 posts, read 3,404,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
So what if I gain 10 lbm afterward !
You'll be eating Yoplait until summer looking at the eency-teency polka-dot bikini hung on the kitchen wall for constant reminder & focus on your goal

Old 12-15-2009, 11:20 AM

26,338 posts, read 93,427,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
So what if I gain 10 lbm afterward !
The way the airlines are adding fees, they might note you weigh more on your return trip and tack on a surcharge.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:30 PM

34 posts, read 50,471 times
The Panda Restaurant at the corner of Airport Rd. and Whitesberg Dr. - small and nice.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,170 times
Our company has frequent visitors from China and they all say they like Tai Pan Palace over any other place in town due to it having more of the authentic type of foods. Other than that they like the most spicy Korean place they can find.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:56 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,821,151 times
That is interesting that the visitors like the spicy Korean place because my husband was so sick of Chinese food after his 2 week China trip. He found that the food over there whether in a place for tourists or a local restaurant was very very bland. Nothing like American Chinese. Not spicy at all over there and when he got back he wanted spicy food for a while!

Old 02-10-2010, 01:06 PM

447 posts, read 554,257 times
It all depends which area you visit in China. The food can be very spicy or very sweet.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:09 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,821,151 times
That makes sense. He was in the southern part of China. Can't remember exactly - near the Yellow Sea I think.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:24 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,856,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawoods View Post
... my husband was so sick of Chinese food after his 2 week China trip....
Too bad they don't sell hotdogs & burgers in China....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area