Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Walmart will build a location in Hazel Green or Meridianville?
Yes 4 26.67%
No 7 46.67%
Maybe 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 12:20 PM

74 posts, read 233,450 times

Advertisements

I have been studying this topic for a long time and haven't really got any results. I heard that Walmart was trying to buy land out this way but nobody would sell. Anybody know if this is true or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 01:25 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,188,781 times
Don't know...I've heard the same rumors, too.
I figure it'd probably work. I'm amazed at how many people in H.G./Meridianville/New Market drive to the Walmart in Fayetteville rather than the one in North Huntsville.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:21 PM

113 posts, read 427,648 times
I think it has alot to do with the service levels....and attitudes(or more accurately lack of attitudes) that you get from the Fayetteville Walmart. Plus it is much cleaner and nicer than the one on 231....I always get the heebie jeebies when I absolutely have to go in the one on 231 in N HSV...

Old 01-11-2010, 11:15 AM

1,326 posts, read 2,391,652 times
Me too I have the choice of driving to the closest one to me North Huntsville or Hampton Cove a little further I normally chose to drive extra to Hampton Cove.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:50 PM

283 posts, read 375,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneyTiger View Post
I think it has alot to do with the service levels....and attitudes(or more accurately lack of attitudes) that you get from the Fayetteville Walmart. Plus it is much cleaner and nicer than the one on 231....I always get the heebie jeebies when I absolutely have to go in the one on 231 in N HSV...
It takes about 10 to 15 minutes to get to the Wal-Mart in North HSV from my current abode. The atmosphere is more "urban", a bit hectic and the lines are unnecessarily long.

It takes twice as long to get to the one in Fayetteville, but the atmosphere is probably a bit more "comfortable" for certain folk. The lines were a bit shorter, but the time it takes to get there pretty much cancels that benefit out. Plus I end up being tempted to stop at the state line for lotto tickets.

Personally, I hate the oversaturation of Wal-Marts all over this state, let alone HSV. Having one in Meridianville or Hazel Green would just be overkill. Then again, folks west of Chapman Mtn could use a Wally World out that way.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:53 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Do you really want a Wal-Mart?

People of Walmart: a collection of all the creatures that grace us with their presence at Walmart, America's favorite store.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:28 PM

18 posts, read 23,528 times
Yes, one is scheduled to be built on the corner of Charity Lane & the Parkway, in the Farmer's field. Hopefully soon. No clothing though.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:48 PM

1,644 posts, read 3,035,289 times
I voted no, because I felt that no one knows.

Well, I better take pictures of Griner's while it still exists. Poor Griner's. I really like that dorky little grocery store. And the bakery does great cakes. Too much frosting, sure, but they really love making cakes.

Edited to add: From downtown Hazel Green (the traffic light,) it's the same distance to either Walmart. Meridianville is five miles south, so they're closer to Sparkman Dr. Not sure about New Market. I'm not really fond of either of them. You trade cars with thumping music for pickups with thumping exhausts. Better than Kmart (how does that nasty little thrift-store-feeling thing stay open anyhow?)

Old 08-09-2013, 04:27 AM

567 posts, read 1,744,363 times
I think why people do not want to go to the North Huntsville location is because it is dangerous. Stopped in the other night and if they got to have a security guard patrolling the lot.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:17 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,278,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarges Dad View Post
I think why people do not want to go to the North Huntsville location is because it is dangerous. Stopped in the other night and if they got to have a security guard patrolling the lot.
I can't argue there. I don't believe I have EVER been to that Wal Mart.

Also Hazel Green has more and more people every year. It's a great location. It will pull people from Meridianville and Hazel Green and from just over the state line too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area