Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 06:03 PM

93 posts, read 202,788 times

Advertisements

I got my paper today from WalGreen's, and it did not have half of the usual coupons. Time for a ride to the Shell station I think...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 08:58 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,422,019 times
Your carrier is most of the problem. And she may be having to cover two or three routes, and that's why she's late. Regardless, keep complaining to the the newspaper's circulation department. Ask for the head of the department. Write letters and keep a record.

Missing coupons and flyers...those are usually inserted by a machine. If you are regularly missing items, your carrier may be to blame, also. The carriers roll and band the newspapers (at their expense for plastic bags and rubber bands). But somebody's being sloppy - dropping inserts as they handle it.

Again, keep complaining to the circulation department. They need to know if one of their carrier contractors is not fulfilling his/her duties.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:37 PM

360 posts, read 1,533,069 times
Unhappy agree - inconsistent inserts & pricing

We went 3 Fridays with no TV guide. Often get 3-4 of same ad insert, though. And, yes, CVS charged me sales tax on the paper, while Texaco does not seem to do so. I also am disappointed in the number of misspellings in the news stories. My overall impression of the paper is not a good one. I will probably not renew.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:13 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times
You need to speak to the circulation mgr. and complain about home delivery time. Most newspapers have a 'deliver by' time.

If you are getting the newspaper from a vending machine I have seen ppl go through and pull out extra coupons. It could be the newspaper delivery too. If you don't complain how do you expect the newspaper to know there is a problem.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:01 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,867,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I almost thought I was reading city data posts from the 1950s. Do people still read newspapers - the kind with paper and ink? With yesterday's news written on them?

lol that's exactly what I was thinking.

Newspaper? They still deliver those?

Old 01-18-2010, 08:39 AM

692 posts, read 1,502,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
If you are getting the newspaper from a vending machine I have seen ppl go through and pull out extra coupons.
Where do they even have vending machines? I was thinking of visiting one just because of the taxes, but they don't seem to have them out here, so I am stuck paying 12c tax on my paper It is almost as nonsensical as the 10c playing card "sin" tax

I can't believe that people would steal the coupons out of someone else's paper, how goofy can you get.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:45 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times
They have them at our WalMart and at a grocery store although I don't live in H'ville proper. If I buy a paper for coupons I always check to be sure they are there as it has happened to me too. I have seen ppl take 2 papers and only buy one, although not here in FL. I use a coupon website now that is free to get coupons since it is cheaper than buying a paper.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:12 AM

93 posts, read 202,788 times
Moderator cut: commenting on moderator actions is not allowed

Did anyone get the Smart Shopper and/or Publix ads in their Sunday paper this week?

Last edited by Keeper; 01-18-2010 at 11:36 AM..

Old 01-18-2010, 10:23 AM

523 posts, read 1,003,811 times
The Shell station I get my paper from has them inside the store on a rack very near the register so I doubt anyone is taking coupons out of multiple papers. I have actually stood at the register and checked the paper to see if it has the inserts I am interested in. If not, I'll pull out another paper and go thru it. Plain and simple, the plant is not consistantly putting all the inserts in the paper. I may just call them and complain.

AnotherBravesFan - If you think the spelling is bad in the newspaper, go to whnt.com or waff.com and read some of the stories online. I've never seen such poor spelling and grammer.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:25 AM

523 posts, read 1,003,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougb256 View Post
Did anyone get the Smart Shopper and/or Publix ads in their Sunday paper this week?
I do not recall seeing a Publix ad in my paper this Sunday. But then, I don't shop at Publix so I didn't care.

Last edited by Keeper; 01-18-2010 at 11:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area