Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 10:17 AM

308 posts, read 527,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammie2 View Post
This is a list of Chinese funiture suppliers, many list "we are the exclusive mfg for Ikea (matress, couch, etc)"
ikea furniture suppliers.
That list is most of the time just as much as scam as any other scams.
It is always amazing how many Chinese companies claim they are the "official" partner or supplier, or whatever nice name they can come up with, for Mercedes, Bosch, GM, IKEA, or any other famous name brand.
And once you check it out, there is absolutely no connection at all.

I recieve all the time email from such Chinese companies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 10:25 AM

308 posts, read 527,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
OKAY all you rich people who can afford McMansions in the Huntsville area....
What make you think they are "rich" ?

You would be surprised how many have the "bjg show" furniture on the first floor, where they give the big parties, but have on the second floor only a matras on a bare floor and no other furniture.

Or the "McMansions" owners that have also the famous brand cars, but can not afford to replace the worn brakes, but they did buy the big chrome wheels on their credit cards.

The show must go on ....

Old 02-27-2010, 11:13 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,836,669 times
Just my 2 cents worth ---. I enjoy decorating and have done some of it professionally. Being a history major/buff, I enjoy things in my home that reflect my interests, hobby and craftmanship from other years. It has nothing to do with trying to impress anyone. It has to do with my own personal sense of aesthetics. It gives me pleasure to look at the beautiful woodworking in our home because I can appreciate what the craftmanship it represents. JUST personal thing. So maybe there are some of us out there who live within our means and enjoy crown molding, real wood cabinets, etc. Just because I have it doesn't mean that I am a snob or living with things that are just to impress.We all spend our money on something. We don't own a boat or golf but I do spend money on quality furniture , some of which I have had and recovered, refinished for years. I love it all. But is it key to personal happiness? No! I can also live without it.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:41 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,413,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Hey NicoleC! Welcome back !!!

We miss our Hartselle representative
Here, here! Welcome, Nicole!

Old 02-27-2010, 11:49 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,413,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deesonic View Post
Ikea ain't coming. Get over it. There... It needed to be said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
How will we as the people help bring such things to Huntsville?
"We as the people" can't do a whole lot. It's business. It's not a few people who want it. It's gotta be a LOT of people who are willing to hand over their money. IF Ikea ever comes to Alabama, it will be in Birmingham first.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:27 PM

976 posts, read 2,681,830 times
Quote:
You must have alot of money because you love yourself some shopping and retail stores !

Old 02-27-2010, 07:45 PM

256 posts, read 605,225 times
Quote:
,,,By adding about 1.5 million people to our population. That's how.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:06 PM

1,351 posts, read 3,423,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidH74 View Post
,,,By adding about 1.5 million people to our population. That's how.
be fruitful and multiply

Old 02-27-2010, 08:50 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,950,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
"We as the people" can't do a whole lot. It's business. It's not a few people who want it. It's gotta be a LOT of people who are willing to hand over their money. IF Ikea ever comes to Alabama, it will be in Birmingham first.
While some view it is upto IKEA's own business choice to put a store in Huntsville, I will put forth the argument that it is not a "choice" by IKEA, rather; it is the "right" of the people in Huntsville to insist that IKEA open a store in Huntsville. The "right" of people (to shop) shall not be infringe by the selfish greedy corporate types that make decision base on their profit margin.

Further more, we can assure IKEA's business and keep the cost of IKEA furniture low by requiring everyone in Huntsville shop at IKEA....

Oh wait, this is about "furniture".... Never mind then, I've been spending too much time watching CSPAN on health care

Old 02-28-2010, 08:42 AM

63 posts, read 158,873 times
Huntsville is large enough to support IKEA. I do not shop there, but know many people who do. Huntsville is the largest city north of Birmingham and south of Nashville and easily supports over 1.5 million people.

For higher end nice furniture, you can drive 15 minutes south of the Tennessee River bridge on south parkway and shop at Graves Furniture. Although Graves is an older place, they have long established accounts with most of the major furniture companies. They will beat any price on major brands. We moved here in 2007 and purchased some Lexington and Hooker brand furniture from Braggs. A neighbor told us about Graves so we took the drive. Graves had the exact identical model dining room table for $600 less. If you pay with cash, Mr. Graves will discount the furniture 50% off retail. For credit card purchases, he discounts 45% to cover his cost on credit. ALL OTHER local furniture companies will not go below 10 - 15% off retail. Also, Graves charges $65 to deliver anywhere in Huntsville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area