Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2008, 08:57 AM

261 posts, read 738,834 times

Advertisements

We finally got our second home in Madison listed. The clearing out, steam cleaning and painting took longer than anticipated. How did so much stuff accumulate in less than four years? The driver for St. Vincent de Paul's thrift shop knows my voice/phone # now.

I think we priced the house for a quick sale, since we underpriced the CMAs, but no one's crystal ball seems to be working these days. Given the upgrades, we'll just about break even but that's okay. It beats the huge loss we're going to take on another house (not in HSV/Madison.) Both are move-in ready, but since the other house is >3X the price, it will surely take longer to sell.

Anyway, is it okay to post a link to the listing and request feedback? Or is that considered advertising?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 09:01 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
You can post in the classified section of City-data..

At this time, posting houses for sale is not allowed. If someone is looking for a house, you can send them a link or info via DM.

A lot of folks have had luck using craigslist

Good Luck..

Old 05-21-2008, 11:03 AM

261 posts, read 738,834 times
Glad I asked first, and thanks for the good wishes. Our RE agent already posted it to Craigslist, ValleyMLS, realtor.com, etc. I'm not concerned about exposure to potential buyers but am interested in feedback. Not one of the agents who've shown the house has provided any, but the comments at the Open House were 100% positive. That was our experience with the last house we sold, too.

I sorry we couldn't keep it in the family, but the house is too big for a starter home for a single person. At least the HSV/Madison market appears healthier than the B'ham metro area.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:11 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,819,871 times
If you put it in the classified section of CD I would be interested in seeing it. I live in Madison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area