Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 04:33 PM

73 posts, read 204,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I know that Army Material Command (AMC) is moving here, I believe there is more of a list "somewhere" on this board.

Let me do some looking around, it maybe Monday before I respond, but BRAC has helped RSA more than hurt RSA.

Army Material Command is moving here along with the 4 star position (from what I've heard the 4 star general is not moving with the position) From what I've noticed the building is coming along nicely.

MDA is building a new building "biggest office building in North Alabama" - Supposed to be finished Jan-Feb just it time for them to close the DC offices and move all the positions down to AL. (There will be a small "HQ" in NoVa but that is for the three star and select staff who need to interact with congress)

As far as are there bachelor degrees working on RSA - I know in the MDA there are. Depending on your experience you could come straight on as a civilian (USAJOBS - The Federal Government's Official Jobs Site) otherwise the MDA is hiring on between 80 - 150 new interns (2 year program that transitions you to a full time career position) If your interested in that program check out The Missile Defense Agency - U.S. Department of Defense.

Other than that there is the SETA route - apply with CSC, MCR, Paradigm, DAI etc. etc (not sure which would be Electrical Engineering as that's not my field of expertise) and then they place you on the aresnal.

In other words given the need for engineers on RSA I don't think you'll hit to much of a roadblock getting into RSA in some capacity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 04:36 PM

73 posts, read 204,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What does your resume look like? A government resume does NOT comapre to a civillian resume.

My civillian resume is 1 page long...my government resume is almost 5 pages long....

Do you monitor jobs at www.cpol.army.mil but most jobs that are on CPOL are also on the above website that jdbiron mentioned.

Also there is a website (google "FASCLASS") this is the website that tells you EXACTALLY what you resume should say....

So lets say you are looking at a job and the series/grade says
GS-2210-13/13

The GS is General Service (I think) the series is 2210 and the 13 is your grade you will be starting at....

Well in FASCLASS you look up series 2210 for the grade of 13 and this will give you exactally what they are looking for..."ALL THE BUZZ WORDS"

It is just not DLA that does this, it is the entire gonvermental system. By LAW they must use those parameters in FASCLASS for job openings...

Hope this helps...

BTW, I work on Redstone...

This is great advice. Before a hiring manager gets to meet you or see your resume it goes through Human Resources. Only those resumes with the right key words make it to the hiring managers. Debate the ethics if you want but this is a fact of life....

Old 04-17-2010, 07:55 AM

262 posts, read 781,607 times
Geez dude, go have a cup of coffee.....Sorry....

You're right I am off base, too long of a day. But for those reading I'll say that multiple applications is a good idea.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:10 PM

7 posts, read 27,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
Geez dude, go have a cup of coffee.....Sorry....

You're right I am off base, too long of a day. But for those reading I'll say that multiple applications is a good idea.
I agree with the multiple applications part and I've done that. Of course it's all a waiting game. I suppose I was just trying to get an idea of the atmosphere at RSA. Where I work it's easy to get a job with only a bachelor's degree as an engineer. Regardless, it won't stop me from continuing to apply.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:33 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudSoonersFan View Post
I agree with the multiple applications part and I've done that. Of course it's all a waiting game. I suppose I was just trying to get an idea of the atmosphere at RSA. Where I work it's easy to get a job with only a bachelor's degree as an engineer. Regardless, it won't stop me from continuing to apply.
After working as a contractor here on RSA for almost a year...I can say they hire from "within" alot it seems....contractor to government...

Old 01-04-2011, 07:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,419 times
Default Great info!

All-
That is all great info! I knew nothing about FASCLASS. I have been applying to RSA 0346 jobs for about a year now and have been referred a lot, but never selected... Is there a magic trick to actually get an interview!? Or do I just need to have connections.

How do you find out what PD will match the vacany announcement?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area