U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-31-2010, 10:52 AM

35 posts, read 40,860 times
Default So we will be there this fall...

So instead of just "talking" about moving there we are now one step closer to actually "being" there. I know BK did the APT list, but now I am really intensifying the job hunt. And I don't want to hear about any pessimistic "their are no jobs in Huntsville" from MP, just looking for any tips from anyone on who is hiring and where. It is kinda tough to do a real time job hunt from a country away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 12:11 PM

339 posts, read 739,219 times
What kind of work do you do?

Old 06-07-2010, 01:10 AM

35 posts, read 40,860 times
Well after 12 years in the Army, I know how to fight crime, and because I was a recruiter for 4 years I am pretty proficient at Sales and office stuff. I am looking for a fresh start though and am pretty open to anything. I am looking at retail mostly, but at this point I would be thrilled to just have a paycheck. I am going back to school to be a teacher, but that is a few years away. After my time in the Army, "almost", anything would be pretty easy. I think the only things I would be too thrilled about would be car salesman, janitor, working at a gas station.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:28 PM

13,508 posts, read 21,968,052 times
Check out AL Joblink website. You can see what is available.

Post link not copyrighted material

Old 06-09-2010, 02:58 PM

312 posts, read 305,139 times
Oddly enough craigs list is a good place for the job search and Indeed.com is probably the best since it uses job feeds from lots of sources. ALso I have a great house for sale in a good location in huntsville in the best school district. Let me know if you want to look at it online. Good luck on your move!! I moved here from FL too, after 17 years i'm doing he same thing you are but job hunting in the NE.
There ARE jobs out there don't get discurraged!! The best time to look is when every one tells you not to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area