Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 07:20 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times

Advertisements

I would say by Saturday we should have a better idea of here Gustav will head and how strong it may become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 12:58 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,667,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Funny you should say that, my husband got rear ended this morning on his way to work, nothing serious, but still an aggravation.

I hope Mr. ILNC is ok from his wreck! People just do not pay attention to what they are doing anymore.

Well, it seems like the hurricane season has really picked up! Our Gov has already called for a State of Emergency thereby activating all the new plans they put into affect after Katrina.

I can already see that evacuations are going to be more organized and have seen the preparations for shelters beginning. There was a meeting in Tupelo this morning on that but no news on where the shelters are.

The hotels are pretty full of Toyota people here, but there should be some rooms available if people go ahead and check NOW...

All we can do at the moment is keep checking weather to get updates on the path.

Stay safe everyone...

Old 08-29-2008, 01:02 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Thanks angel, Mr ILNC is just fine, the van is a different story, he's hoping it gets totaled and get a new car, better on gas.
Hotels are also filling up in north Texas. This sure can wear on your nerves.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:05 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,667,080 times
Yes it can. And I so vividly remember the aftermath of Katrina, I can not even fathom what the people who lived it are feeling.

I bet there will be more people seeking out medical help just from having to relive the nightmare they went thru in Katrina.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:49 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Thanks angel, Mr ILNC is just fine, the van is a different story, he's hoping it gets totaled and get a new car, better on gas.
Hotels are also filling up in north Texas. This sure can wear on your nerves.
AWWW, just take off and go. If the motels in northern Tx. are getting full, come up and visit me. We'll go and spend some time in the Hills and you can see Mt. Rushmore and a lot of neat things. We do get remnants of canes that hit Tx., but that just involves rain and and a bit more wind~nothing devastating so you'll be safe here. Well, at least until a tornado would hit us or something.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:54 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
AWWW, just take off and go. If the motels in northern Tx. are getting full, come up and visit me. We'll go and spend some time in the Hills and you can see Mt. Rushmore and a lot of neat things. We do get remnants of canes that hit Tx., but that just involves rain and and a bit more wind~nothing devastating so you'll be safe here. Well, at least until a tornado would hit us or something.
Oh Jammie that does sound temping! I know I would like your cooler weather

Old 08-29-2008, 04:24 PM

248 posts, read 626,962 times
i was forced to move after katrina, so i'm not in new orleans today, but watching it is causing me great anxiety and making me shake and cry. i pray it misses.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:19 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
My daughter and her family just returned last night from a 2 week vacation in South Dakota. They are just raving about what a beautiful, friendly great place it is. I haven't been there in 25 years but, after listening to them, I'm going to have to go see it again.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:49 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alikat1205 View Post
i was forced to move after katrina, so i'm not in new orleans today, but watching it is causing me great anxiety and making me shake and cry. i pray it misses.
I'm so sorry you're going through this. Did you evacuate or did you stay behind? I'd imagine that some of the people who stayed behind and lived through it could have PTSD. It was a horrible tragedy and even though the rest of us didn't suffer through it, you were all in our thoughts and prayers.

ILNC, after looking at my weekend forecast, I thought you maybe were headed this way and that you were bringing your warmth along. It's supposed to be 91 tomorrow and 90 Sunday.

LML, well come on up. We could all get together and watch the weather channel I'll make popcorn. Thank you for the kind words about my state. I'm glad your family had a nice time here and enjoyed themselves. I really have nothing to compare it to since I've spent my entire life here, but the only thing I don't like are the winters so there must be some positives here.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:01 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
[quote=Jammie;5051504
LML, well come on up. We could all get together and watch the weather channel I'll make popcorn. Thank you for the kind words about my state. I'm glad your family had a nice time here and enjoyed themselves. I really have nothing to compare it to since I've spent my entire life here, but the only thing I don't like are the winters so there must be some positives here.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the kind invitation. I can see what they mean about the friendliness they fournd in S.D. I'd like to invite you to come see Wisconsin. I don't think it is quite as exciting as South Dakota...and we sure have winter too...but it is very lovely and friendly as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Hurricanes