Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 03:53 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,478,607 times

Advertisements

Hyundai recalls some Santa Fe, Sonata for air bags

http://news.yahoo.com/hyundai-recall...--finance.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 04:56 PM

13,715 posts, read 30,993,781 times
I don't understand posts like this. Are you trying to tell the world that Hyundai recalled some vehicles? If so, there are probably at best a few hundred people on this board. A Hyundai owner will get a notice.

What about the Ford recall this week of 423,000 Ford Escapes for a sticking cruise control? Or the NEW Escape recall the week before?

Or the Honda recall of 172,000 CR-Vs for door latches?

Old 07-28-2012, 05:04 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,478,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
I don't understand posts like this. Are you trying to tell the world that Hyundai recalled some vehicles? If so, there are probably at best a few hundred people on this board. A Hyundai owner will get a notice.
Some times it helps to have info so a person is aware before they get the letter ... if they do.

Now if you do not like the info don't read it ... it is your choice not mine ! ! !

The title pretty much said it all, so why are you waist your time
opening it up, and reading it, and then ... making these type of remarks ? ? ?

Old 07-28-2012, 07:00 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,605,326 times
ITs part of the ole battle of manufacturers.

Import guys like to post up every recall the Big three have and scream "BAD BUILD QUALITY OMG!", and to get back some haters of other manufacturers post theirs and scream "OMG, YOUR CARS HAVE BAD BUILD QUALITY TOO!".

Personally all manufacturers make crap and good cars. You have to do your research about specific models, and engines and shared platform cars.

Also Recalls aren't all bad, I personally don't trust companies that say there are no engineering flaws and no recalls. It just means the bean counters may have won the argument on the recall.

I personally look at recalls, then look and see how many reported injuries, deaths, etc...

Either way Fight Club does the Formula for a recall best.

Recall Formula - Fight Club Typographical Animation - YouTube

Old 07-28-2012, 08:16 PM

5,994 posts, read 19,878,204 times
We'll see how this one goes but I'm getting a bit tired of these as well as it seems the only purpose they serve is allowing people to jump on board and bash competing auto makes. As has been mentioned before, Hyundai, Honda, Toyota, Ford, GM, Chrysler, etc all have recalls throughout the year on a variety of models and issues. If the cars aren't exploding with passengers inside, then it's not worth fretting about.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:06 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,495,596 times
Where are the hyundai/Kia leg humpers?

Old 07-31-2012, 05:12 PM

13,715 posts, read 30,993,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
Some times it helps to have info so a person is aware before they get the letter ... if they do.

Now if you do not like the info don't read it ... it is your choice not mine ! ! !

The title pretty much said it all, so why are you waist your time
opening it up, and reading it, and then ... making these type of remarks ? ? ?
So the OP did this as a public service, to reach a few dozen people in the US??? The OP's post linked a Yahoo article. I bet it reaches a few more people than City Data does.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:23 PM

5,994 posts, read 19,878,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Where are the hyundai/Kia leg humpers?
No where in sight but the Toyota whores are accounted for!

Old 07-31-2012, 06:02 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,814,193 times
Will be interesting if my 2012 Sonata is part of this. I'm guessing it's not, since it's an earlly build (08/31/2011). If it is, I'll definitely wait a few months while the techs get this down. Looks like taking down the headliner is required.

Funny, my boss is taking his 2007 Corvette with 12k miles to the dealer because he can't get the gas gap off. He said it's a known issue and it will be fixed for free under emissions. Every car has it's issues.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:02 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,476,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
ITs part of the ole battle of manufacturers.

Import guys like to post up every recall the Big three have and scream "BAD BUILD QUALITY OMG!", and to get back some haters of other manufacturers post theirs and scream "OMG, YOUR CARS HAVE BAD BUILD QUALITY TOO!".

Personally all manufacturers make crap and good cars. You have to do your research about specific models, and engines and shared platform cars.

Also Recalls aren't all bad, I personally don't trust companies that say there are no engineering flaws and no recalls. It just means the bean counters may have won the argument on the recall.

I personally look at recalls, then look and see how many reported injuries, deaths, etc...

Either way Fight Club does the Formula for a recall best.

Recall Formula - Fight Club Typographical Animation - YouTube
I really see it has more the opposite on this forum where most big 3 recalls are ingored. Don't thnik for instance the recent repots on unintended acceleration is being disucusssed much as the one on toyota is even in the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia