Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 07:18 PM

18,929 posts, read 43,254,623 times

Advertisements

You mention in the eBay ad that it has a lifetime warranty from the dealer, but more than likely that warranty is not transferrable to the next owner.

I'll also say, as someone who recently searched cars on eBay, that people may be hesitant to bid because you have no feedback. When I was looking I wouldn't even consider buying from sellers with no feedback, I wanted to read reviews of other buyers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 08:12 PM

805 posts, read 1,857,998 times
Reading what others have said I have to say your Ebay ad makes you look like a con-man. I'm sure you a good guy but that's not the impression you get from the Ebay auction....$ to doughnuts you will not sell on Ebay.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:04 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,969,429 times
Thanks to those who actually offered advice on the original question I posed.

I'd like to get rid of the car quickly, so I am going to sell to either Carmax or WBAC this weekend and cover the cost myself.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranston View Post
Reading what others have said I have to say your Ebay ad makes you look like a con-man. I'm sure you a good guy but that's not the impression you get from the Ebay auction....$ to doughnuts you will not sell on Ebay.
What? I think you mean doughnuts to $$. Because what you said doesn't make any sense.

And everything is disclosed in my ad, in the vehicle report. I'm not sure how this makes me a con (wo)man.

Last edited by nj21; 04-14-2013 at 09:27 PM..

Old 04-14-2013, 09:13 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,257,160 times
Did WBAC give you a quote in writing, in person? Or, is it the result of the general pricing that they have on their website for your particular make/model? If it is via the quote system, the price is going to likely be closer to CarMax valuation, once the body damage is factored.

I think that you have made a wise decision to sell it to WBAC or CarMax, since you can get out from under the loan, and don't have to worry about flaky buyers. CarMax also has a good reputation with regard to car purchases, i.e., they will buy the car on the spot for the agreed price, and will either give you a check, or in the case of a financed vehicle, will pay the lien holder promptly. The last thing you want is a delay in processing payment to the lender, were you could be liable for payments until they receive the payout from the purchaser. Be sure to evaluate the payment processing, and perhaps even ask the lien holder with whom they have had successful transactions in the past, if they have that data availale.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 04-14-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
As mentioned, this is a hard market segment for a private buyer so the least hassle experience will definitely be to sell it to a business, if you're OK with dealing with private buyers (and everything that comes with it), go for it, with that said, you're going to have to find a pretty uneducated buyer, if someone is willing to purchase a car and not receive the title same day or verification from your finance source that the title is released to the new owner.

I understand you're going for full disclosure, but what can realistically happen is that they give you the money, never get the title and you claim the car down the road or simply "steal" it back. It's a hell of a risk to take for a buyer, and it might be what's stopping someone from buying.

If you have the negative equity available, just put it towards the principal right away, that way the title can be released immediately.

I would consider anything over $12500 a pretty good sale on this car.
Just seeing this. I have the negative equity available, but my interest is compounded daily. I don't know if the money I put towards the NE will make a difference because of this..?

Old 04-14-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Did WBAC give you a quote in writing, in person? Or, is it the result of the general pricing that they have on their website for your particular make/model? If it is via the quote system, the price is going to likely be closer to CarMax valuation, once the body damage is factored.

I think that you have made a wise decision to sell it to WBAC or CarMax, since you can get out from under the loan, and don't have to worry about flaky buyers. CarMax also has a good reputation with regard to car purchases, i.e., they will buy the car on the spot for the agreed price, and will either give you a check, or in the case of a financed vehicle, will pay the lien holder promptly. The last thing you want is a delay in processing payment to the lender, were you could be liable for payments until they receive the payout from the purchaser. Be sure to evaluate the payment processing, and perhaps even ask the lien holder with whom they have had successful transactions in the past, if they have that data availale.
WBAC quoted $13K on the website and when I went in person they quoted $12700. This was the price after he inspected the paint & body. The branch manager did inform me that they base their appraisals on market rates and it could be something different next weekend. He said it wouldn't be too different, but I'd like to be prepared incase that happens. I stupidly decided to drive all the way to CT to Carmax to see if they would appraise for a better price, but I should have just accepted the WBAC offer right then and there.

In the event that it does, then I will just go to Carmax and sell them my car for $11K since their appraisals are valid for 7 days. One thing I did not agree with was that they said my whole back bumper needed to be replaced. From the pictures, there is nothing wrong with the back bumper. IDK if the fact that I am woman and I went alone has anything to do with it..

I do agree with you stating I don't have to deal with flaky buyers, and them possibly changing their mind a month or two later. It cuts out the whole process. Which I honestly do want to avoid. I want this to be quick, easy and as painless as possible.

As you see, I am not trying to make money out of this deal...

Old 04-15-2013, 06:50 AM

48 posts, read 106,354 times
Just curious why you choose an auction styled listing (with a buy it now option) on eBay? And not an eBay classified listing?

I'm car shopping, but I only look at classified listings on eBay; I need to inspect the car in person because they... are expensive.

One positive sign is more and more sellers are choosing the classified styled listing - I hope it gets more popular over time.

Just curious

Old 04-15-2013, 11:06 AM

24,342 posts, read 22,900,292 times
There should be lots of newer Souls coming onto the market this fall once the 2014 Souls start showing up at dealers. I was impressed with what they've done, they seem to have improved it in key areas. Better ride, more soundproofing, softer interior, new colors. Plus they've added a rear seat armrest.
I'm still waiting to see what they do with the 2014 Honda Fit, that should be interesting.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Fox View Post
Just curious why you choose an auction styled listing (with a buy it now option) on eBay? And not an eBay classified listing?

I'm car shopping, but I only look at classified listings on eBay; I need to inspect the car in person because they... are expensive.

One positive sign is more and more sellers are choosing the classified styled listing - I hope it gets more popular over time.

Just curious
I tried the classified listing but it didn't have any viewings at all. I've actually never thought of that, which is why it probably has no bids.

I have a buyer interested in paying $12.5K but I just disclosed to her that the bank is the lienholder. I'll see if she is still interested and update.

Otherwise, I will just use my $2.5K to pay down on the loan..and keep paying it down aggressively until I won't be upside down. Maybe it's possible..? Who knows. Worth trying though.

Thanks all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia