Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2016, 12:41 PM

91 posts, read 109,748 times

Advertisements

Ok mods please move this if I picked the wrong forum

I brought my 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe to Advantage Hyundai in Hicksville to replace the sub chassis under a recall they had. I am the original owner of the car. It has 89k miles on it; I've never had any major issues till now.
When they replaced the chassis the cracked the transmission housing I know this because they noted it on the recommend services, they never called me before they replaced the chassis to tell me of this crack. I brought it to my mechanic of twenty years to look at it, he explained to me that the crack was new and that the dealership had did it. The way he explained it was during the course of the repair they either a) let the transmission hang while replacing the chassis or b) tried prying the chassis into place, and that I should bring it right back to them and complain. Well I went back and spoke to the service manger and he denied that they did the damage, and that the car came in that way. He also told me that he had pictures of the crack, which he did, but I believe they took the picture after they damage it and told him so. I then asked him why I was not notified about the crack before they did any work, I mean they did have the car for an entire week. He then called the service advisor over whom just plain out lied stating that she did call me and let me know. the only time I heard from her was a week later telling me to my car was ready to come pick it up.i have call records to prove that she never called me before the call to pick it up. So seeing this wasn't going anywhere I asked for the corporate office, they gave it to me and I left.i tried to call the general manger I’m still waiting for him to get back to me. I then called Hyundai USA customer care corporate office they finally got back to me yesterday, and basically told me sorry but the dealer denies doing the damage and since it’s not really a speck thing they really can't do anything. So I know it’s a he said, she said type of thing I’m just pissed I feel cheated and this is where you guys come in I need to know who else or what else I can do.i was brought up if ya did something ya did it, fix it. This dealer is just so damn dishonest it makes me crazy. Can any of you guys guide me to any other recourse I can take, of course I know I got to fix it but I just get angry because I've never had a transmission issue till now thanks for letting me vent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2016, 12:48 PM

732 posts, read 883,622 times
You may also want to post this on automotive forum.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/automotive/

Old 05-06-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubering View Post
You may also want to post this on automotive forum.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/automotive/
thanks i thought that too but the dealership is on long island but like i opened mods if i am wrong please move i don't want to double post

Old 05-06-2016, 12:55 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,410,967 times
This is the perfect forum. The posters here should have few good opinions. I am assuming you are Dan who posted on another site?

Old 05-06-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToGo View Post
This is the perfect forum. The posters here should have few good opinions. I am assuming you are Dan who posted on another site?
yep that be me

Old 05-06-2016, 01:30 PM

170 posts, read 316,449 times
My dealership scratched my front bumper. I complained to my service advisory and he quickly fixed it. I had a rental for a week. You can also try posting a yelp review , dealerships don't like negative reviews.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:19 PM

730 posts, read 1,657,837 times
Get an estimate from your mechanic to fix the damage and then sue the dealership in small claims court.

Old 05-07-2016, 05:00 PM

14 posts, read 14,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktop View Post
My dealership scratched my front bumper. I complained to my service advisory and he quickly fixed it. I had a rental for a week. You can also try posting a yelp review , dealerships don't like negative reviews.
He is right. Iam a service manager at a dealership and qe cannot stand negative reviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia