U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-27-2008, 04:16 PM

5,582 posts, read 5,563,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
This link makes it sound like the Quilt is on display today and tomorrow behind The Cellar at 17th and Ammon:

.:Post Register - Idaho Falls, ID:.
POST REGISTER
The National AIDS Quilt is making a stop in Idaho Falls, or at least part of it is.
Twenty sections from the national quilt -- plus a local section -- will be on display today and Friday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Eagle Pines Plaza at 17th Street and Ammon Road behind the Cellar restaurant.
The events are free to the public.
Both sections feature the names of people who've died of the disease.
The local section will be displayed for the first time, and the national sections are one of only nine major displays that will be shown throughout the country this year.
As of this June, the national quilt had approximately 84,000 names, representing 17.5 percent of AIDS deaths in the United States.
The AIDS quilt display is part of the fifth Annual HIV and AIDS awareness benefit organized by the local Breaking Boundaries chapter.
Thanks, norcalmom101, both for the info and the links. I'm sure the links will benefit others as well as the extra info. I'm never certain if anything from the PR can be posted.

I think the quilt is scheduled to be on display at the Elks Center on E. Elva. However, that is the schedule for 12/05 and 12/06. At least that was the plan, something may have changed - I don't know.

It sounds like maybe the quilt will be on display extra days in the Idaho Falls area - maybe some days by the Cellar. I don't know if the quilt is in Idaho Falls for X number of days and if local sponsors or hosts will display it appropriately, perhaps it can be on display in numberous locations. It would be interesting for anyone who has knowledge, not questions like me, about the quilt being display at the Elks Center and now what sounds like a entirely separate display.

Interestingly, the Black Tie Dinner on 12/05 is a sell out and was sold out weeks ago. I wonder if the organization needs to find a larger location, or if people really focus on this particular fund raiser or other?

Congratulations to "Breaking Boundaries," and all the countless individuals who are making this annual event become such a success. I hope the goals for this year, both financially and otherwise, are achieved.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 05:59 AM

Cool Local High School Christmas Concerts; Moscow Ballet for Nutcracker

It's time for the local schools to have their annual Christmas concernts. It looks like Bonneville High School may be the first, having their program this week ( I think).

It is also Nutcracker time. Starting on 12/15/08, The Moscow Ballet's "The Great Russian Nutcracker" will be at the Colonial Theatre. Besides the Idaho Falls Arts Council link (Idaho Falls Arts Council), check this out - a direct link to the touring Moscow Ballet: MOSCOWBALLET.COM.

If anyone attends, please post what you think of this performance. Good for all of those who have constantly worked to upgrade this annual tradition for the Idaho Falls area.

MSR

Old 12-18-2008, 02:06 AM

Smile Ole Fashioned Christmas and Winter Festivals at Museum of Idaho

The Museum of Idaho has a FREE admission for their current display about Christmas, named: "Olde Fashioned Christmas and Winter Festivals. It is open now thru Jan. 7, 2009.

The Museum of Idaho

If you go, let us know what you or others enjoyed.

Merry Christmas

MSR

Old 12-19-2008, 07:14 AM

4,101 posts, read 10,893,660 times
I plan on getting in to see this one, want to wait and enjoy it with my husband though.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:59 AM

634 posts, read 1,526,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
The Museum of Idaho has a FREE admission for their current display about Christmas, named: "Olde Fashioned Christmas and Winter Festivals. It is open now thru Jan. 7, 2009.

The Museum of Idaho

If you go, let us know what you or others enjoyed.

Merry Christmas

MSR
My wife and I went to check this out on New Year's Eve day, and really enjoyed the exhibit. It even turns out that we have one of the displays for various Christmas decorations/designs (in the upstairs section) - check out the "carousel" from Germany - my wife has that same display, paddlewheels and all! That was a treat. Enjoyed the rest of the museum too, as it was our first visit.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breer23 View Post
My wife and I went to check this out on New Year's Eve day, and really enjoyed the exhibit. It even turns out that we have one of the displays for various Christmas decorations/designs (in the upstairs section) - check out the "carousel" from Germany - my wife has that same display, paddlewheels and all! That was a treat. Enjoyed the rest of the museum too, as it was our first visit.
Glad you two went to see it. We somehow never made it

Old 01-03-2009, 02:17 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,025,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Glad you two went to see it. We somehow never made it
Is it still going on? We didn't make it either.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:07 AM

634 posts, read 1,526,790 times
It continues through Wed. Jan. 7th, so hurry to see it before Wednesday!

http://www.museumofidaho.org/

Old 01-04-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breer23 View Post
It continues through Wed. Jan. 7th, so hurry to see it before Wednesday!

The Museum of Idaho
Hey Norcalmom, whatcha doing tomorrow? (meaning Sunday)

Old 01-12-2009, 01:26 AM

Cool Idaho Falls Community Garden Association - Free Classes Through Feb. 2009

Many ask what there is to do in winter, if one doesn't ski. LOTS.

I read the info about the organic garden class now offered through the end of Feb. by the Idaho Falls Community Gardening Association. Classes are on Skyline Dr. in the City Recreaction Annex on Saturdays.

Classes are for adults and kids. About 70 people are participating in the current 3 shared gardening areas in the city. The numbers could expand.

If I recall correctly, this program initially started as some in apartments wanted to grow gardens and didn't have space. Additionally, their kids had some "issues" with each other. Their mothers must have thought like mine...... busy kids don't have time to fight. Additionally, if kids can be productive and learn to work together in a garden they can learn skills that will transfer to the classroom and daily living.

More info at Idaho Falls Community Garden Home Page. If you are new to the area, it is a great way to meet others of all ages, learn about different plants/vegetation that grow well and learn about how exotics grow too.

If anyone has more info, please post it here. It would be great to see pics of how these gardens look prior to havest 2009.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls