Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 08:36 PM

42 posts, read 104,954 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if any residents from Ammon and Idaho Falls were familiar with the restaurant Chick-fil-a? It was founded in Atlanta, GA and is quickly moving west with stores in CA, Utah, Arizona, and Colorado. Any thoughts on how a CFA would do in Idaho? Any thoughts relating to a CFA in Ammon would be greatly appreciated. My wife and I are looking at a possible store there. Thanks so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 05:42 AM

5,322 posts, read 18,201,633 times
I am familiar with CFA, but I would be a take it or leave it type person...

Old 01-11-2011, 07:55 AM

863 posts, read 2,981,550 times
There was a bit of a buzz when they announced putting one in at the BSU Student Union Building. I believe unless something changes, it will be the only one in Idaho.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:09 AM

Thanks for the info, just wondering about the area off 25th street in the Khol's shopping center..... How is that area of town? From what I can tell there is no divided highway. I am interested to get some feedback on CFA from people who live in Idaho. People here in the south absolutely love it. CFA prides on customer service, food quality, being involved in the community, developing leaders. The founder of CFA is Christian, do you think this would pose a problem with there being strong LDS influence? Cleosmom, what do you mean by take it or leave it?

Old 01-12-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedizzy24 View Post
Thanks for the info, just wondering about the area off 25th street in the Khol's shopping center..... How is that area of town? From what I can tell there is no divided highway. I am interested to get some feedback on CFA from people who live in Idaho. People here in the south absolutely love it. CFA prides on customer service, food quality, being involved in the community, developing leaders. The founder of CFA is Christian, do you think this would pose a problem with there being strong LDS influence? Cleosmom, what do you mean by take it or leave it?
There are numerous places to eat, both fast food and dining establishments along 25 East (Hitt Road) as well as 17th Street, both high traffic areas and over by Kohl's you're not far from Hilcrest High School

By take it or leave it, I mean it's not a place I am going to seek out and make sure I go there. Plus as I don't care for breaded chicken, there are only a few things on the menu I'd even consider. Come to think of it, about the only fast food place I do hit is the Taco Time at First & Hitt, that is more convenience than anything, merely due to location.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:28 PM

Cleosmom, Thanks for the info! Trust me, you will fall in love with CFA.... its like no other fast food place you will ever experience. I hope to make you a loyal customer CFA offers some great salads, grilled chicken wraps, grilled strips, and a variety of grilled chicken breast sandwiches. Just give CFA a chance and I promise you will love it. CFA is really dedicated to being involved in the community. Just wondering, I noticed a Fazoli's in front of Khols. I guess it didnt go over to well? Also if I were to come visit, can you recommend some community folks/leaders I speak with? Thanks

Old 01-12-2011, 11:46 PM

278 posts, read 901,528 times
As an ex-southerner, I would love to see Chick-Fil-A have more of a presence in Boise and the rest of Idaho!

Old 01-13-2011, 12:51 AM

3,969 posts, read 13,608,524 times
Chick-Fil-A is indeed a quality fast food business. I know they are in SLC, and my experience there was excellent. Yes, a bit on the pricey side for fast food, but I think Idaho Falls would be an excellent location. Bring 'em on! And while we are at it, why not bring In-n-Out a couple hundred miles north, now that they are in SLC? Really, the transportation costs would be minimal and the populace in E. Idaho would literally "eat it up!"

Old 01-13-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedizzy24 View Post
Cleosmom, Thanks for the info! Trust me, you will fall in love with CFA.... its like no other fast food place you will ever experience. I hope to make you a loyal customer CFA offers some great salads, grilled chicken wraps, grilled strips, and a variety of grilled chicken breast sandwiches. Just give CFA a chance and I promise you will love it. CFA is really dedicated to being involved in the community. Just wondering, I noticed a Fazoli's in front of Khols. I guess it didnt go over to well? Also if I were to come visit, can you recommend some community folks/leaders I speak with? Thanks
Yes, after struggling for a few years, Fazoli's caved. I think (not positive) that the one in Pocatello is still open. Handy is it? Any empty building right in the middle of things.

As to whom to contact, that would certainly depend on whether you're looking at Idaho Falls or Ammon. Right where the former Fazoli's sits is actually Ammon, directly across 25th East (AKA as Hitt Rd) where the mall is located is Idaho Falls.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:09 PM

I would say I would be interested in contacting some Ammon people. The Fazoli's is close to IF though right? I guess as far as outside sales would be concerned, I would think you could do both. Is the old Fazolis an easy place to get in and out of? How about the particular shopping center its in (what is that area like)? Also my wife wants to know how the mall is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls