U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 12:26 AM

12 posts, read 51,156 times

Advertisements

Cleosmom,

I have severe Fibromyalgia and water aerobic-type classes are one of the best things that help keep my pain level manageable. I'm beyond excited that this is offered in Idaho Falls =).

Northwestern Colorado is offering $19-$25/hr for truck drivers. They need drivers to go to the innumerable oil/gas rigs with things like potable water and to suck their septic tanks. I guess that's why I was surprised when you said the wages were so much lower - it's quite a jump! But understandable, especially with the lower cost of living.

I've added both hospitals to my "Relocation" favorites folder and am checking on them daily. Really hoping something opens up within the Maintenance field though... as is he!

Are there any specific neighborhoods that stand out as more family-friendly then the rest? We would prefer a small house in an older-type neighborhood with mature trees and landscaping... preferably with a fenced yard!

Also, I sell Scentsy (the wickless candles) - just wondering if you may have heard whether or not anyone else sells it up there? It can be a little pricey, but it's well worth the money as they last FOREVER and smell amazing.

Anyway, thank you for your continued helpfulness! Who knows... maybe once we get settled in up there, we'll have coffee sometime =).

-Amber D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Thank you Amber, I'm glad I've been able to help

Along with checking the two sources that you are currently checking, also check out both hospitals actual websites. Most often that is where they post job openings. I'm uncertain about the wages here for that field, the trucking industry is where I have an in as my husband drives

I was glancing back and not too sure if anyone answered your question about a heated indoor pool. I don't believe there is one at the Y, but we do have City of Idaho Falls - Aquatic Center
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 02:19 PM
tlv

1 posts, read 652 times
Hi! I moved here from CO about 2 years ago and am very happy. Yes, it is different - smaller for sure and not and jobs pay less. We are very happy! I do not miss the I-70 traffic one bit - so much beauty in CO but so many other people trying to visit the same places. There are so many amazing things to do within a 1 to 2 hour drive from IF - Sun Valley, Driggs, Grand Targhee, Jackson Hole, the list goes on and on.

We love the low cost of living and not being tied to a huge mortgage payment. Love small town life and the people are very nice. Save a lot of money b/c I don't get takeout anymore!!! : )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls