U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-20-2016, 11:45 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,168,489 times
Reputation: 6212

Advertisements

Thanks, Volosong! Now others can read directly about The Bonneville and other updates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-21-2016, 10:31 PM
 
365 posts, read 240,488 times
Reputation: 134
I have heard D91 has hew plans regarding IFHS. It sounds a bit far fetched possibly because I'm so under educated about the subject. Neither will I share. Just wondered if anyone else has heard anything at all recently?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2016, 01:05 AM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,168,489 times
Reputation: 6212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
I have heard D91 has hew plans regarding IFHS. It sounds a bit far fetched possibly because I'm so under educated about the subject. Neither will I share. Just wondered if anyone else has heard anything at all recently?
Beyond tearing it down and either using the Jr. High as a H.S., probably creating the need for a new Jr. High? Or, the remodel options which show using a Sky bridge over John Adams in one diagram and a different expansion design otherwise.

Skyline will get updated. IFHS may well be torn down and a new school south of Sunnyside. Otherwise, I haven't heard anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2016, 06:57 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,168,489 times
Reputation: 6212
Property has been sold on Hoopes near the Parkwood units and the Meadows (across the street from the Meadows). The Couer d'Alene Developer, who submitted a letter and not much more for the Bonneville redevelopment project, bought one of the other two units on Hoopes more south. Most of those apartment complexes were sold last year. I remember wanting to vomit reading who had bought the Meadows (yes, I have history with leasing an office, from this out-of-state company, and it's negative). These apartments have more amenities and extra sound proofing etc. in the apartments, compared to regular apartments.

I don't know the zoning on the land on Hoopes, but I would imagine a higher density housing. Do you think the owners will build a higher quality apartment to fit in with the others on Hoopes, or do they opt for Townhomes? IDK who bought the property, but the Cd'A group is in the mix for me. I hope my former office landlord isn't building anything. They cut too many corners.

What do you think about the best fit is for this property?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2016, 01:17 AM
 
365 posts, read 240,488 times
Reputation: 134
I drove down Sunnyside this morning and it appears traffic signals are in the works for two intersections east of I-15, west of the river. It's almost as if there's big anticipation of what is to come. That apartment complex is nearing completion but I still don't think it would generate enough volume to necessitate a light.

The other is at JHJ. Interesting because one would think it's premature given how no businesses have broken ground or made announcements yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2016, 12:50 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,168,489 times
Reputation: 6212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
I drove down Sunnyside this morning and it appears traffic signals are in the works for two intersections east of I-15, west of the river. It's almost as if there's big anticipation of what is to come. That apartment complex is nearing completion but I still don't think it would generate enough volume to necessitate a light.

The other is at JHJ. Interesting because one would think it's premature given how no businesses have broken ground or made announcements yet.
Events Center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2016, 12:24 PM
 
365 posts, read 240,488 times
Reputation: 134
Yes, but even if the events center breaks ground next spring, it likely won't be completed until 2019
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2016, 12:57 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,168,489 times
Reputation: 6212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
Yes, but even if the events center breaks ground next spring, it likely won't be completed until 2019
Please keep us updated about this. You appear to have insider information the rest of us don't. The remainder of us go with the news releases and the information on Facebook and Web page of the Events Center. I look forward to other information you can share with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2016, 01:41 PM
 
365 posts, read 240,488 times
Reputation: 134
Key word there is "if". I got no info anyone else doesn't have.

But I did go driving through SRL and there is a drilling rig back on site just south of the apartments. I'm not sure if it's directly related to the apartments or if there's a separate project beginning. There is another project taking shape on the other side of the road from this. Any ideas on what goes there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2016, 07:35 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,168,489 times
Reputation: 6212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
Key word there is "if". I got no info anyone else doesn't have.

But I did go driving through SRL and there is a drilling rig back on site just south of the apartments. I'm not sure if it's directly related to the apartments or if there's a separate project beginning. There is another project taking shape on the other side of the road from this. Any ideas on what goes there?
IDK who or what, but I've seen the exact same things as you. The one thought I did have about The Falls apartments and how close those stakes are to the existing apartment buildings. I'd guess Karthcner may build 1-3 more buildings of the two and three bed apartments. They leased those out rapidly.

Otherwise, who knows, a C store or restaurant would be nice. What do people in apartments need close to home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:43 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top