U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2016, 07:40 PM

382 posts, read 385,506 times

Advertisements

a gym (i.e. Planet Fitness) would be a nice addition on this side of the river. even though most apartment complexes have a gym facility, they're usually pretty basic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 12:47 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,101,759 times
It sounds like Bishes RV is expanding in Idaho Falls. They added a location in Nampa this past year. IDK specifics about the Idaho Falls expansion.

It's kind of interesting to see both Camping World and Bishes expand the same year.

Old 11-01-2016, 06:54 PM

73 posts, read 44,867 times
The only thing I have seen so far about Bish's is this:

IFFD conducting training exercises on burning home - East Idaho News

Old 11-01-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1834 View Post
The only thing I have seen so far about Bish's is this:

IFFD conducting training exercises on burning home - East Idaho News
Nice to see a comment from you again, Chris.

I was told some info about Bish's expanding but it might be wrong.

Given the horrible accident that occurred at Bish's today, with a man dying this afternoon, I won't post any links. I honestly hope no one else will either. This man has family and Co-workers etc. There will be a different time to post about this expansion.

My Condolences to his family.

Old 11-05-2016, 06:19 PM

362 posts, read 235,153 times
It looks like some sort of soda establishment will be the first of tenants at the new retail buildings on Hitt & Sunnyside. I think I remember the name being Bubbles Up. I've never heard of such a place. Anyone familiar?

Old 11-06-2016, 05:54 PM

73 posts, read 44,867 times
They are being hush hush about their menu but it is similar to Rigby Rush (https://www.facebook.com/sodapopstop/)

Basically a specialty soda shop with a drive thru with cookies and treats. They do assure people on their facebook that there will be healthy options.

https://www.facebook.com/bubbleupsoda/

Old 11-14-2016, 07:27 PM

306 posts, read 336,677 times
Took a drive around the river today. The Springhill Suites is going up quickly as well as the Indian Bike dealership. The new fire station is going to look good and is quickly taking shape, shouldn't be too much longer until work begins on the interior I wouldn't think.

I still can't figure out what is going on to the east of Snake River Parkway near the pond. The master plan seems to show homes and apartments so maybe they're prepping for the next phase of residential?

Seriously hope the event center gets a ground breaking date set. I know the widening of Pioneer Road needs done and maybe that's where the Old Butte Road money goes to? It seems like there are a ton of projects just on the horizon and I wish we could hear something.

Considering every area of growth there is huge potential for a huge boom...Exit 113, Sunnyside Crossroads, Snake River Landing, the Event Center, Taylor Crossing, INL campus north of town, Sand creek Commons, the Broadway building and so much more. It's kind of like waiting for Christmas morning.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
Took a drive around the river today. The Springhill Suites is going up quickly as well as the Indian Bike dealership. The new fire station is going to look good and is quickly taking shape, shouldn't be too much longer until work begins on the interior I wouldn't think.

I still can't figure out what is going on to the east of Snake River Parkway near the pond. The master plan seems to show homes and apartments so maybe they're prepping for the next phase of residential?

Seriously hope the event center gets a ground breaking date set. I know the widening of Pioneer Road needs done and maybe that's where the Old Butte Road money goes to? It seems like there are a ton of projects just on the horizon and I wish we could hear something.

Considering every area of growth there is huge potential for a huge boom...Exit 113, Sunnyside Crossroads, Snake River Landing, the Event Center, Taylor Crossing, INL campus north of town, Sand creek Commons, the Broadway building and so much more. It's kind of like waiting for Christmas morning.
Hey, did you get those extra employees added so you can leave work once in a while? I saw your FB......message. BTW, did you get my dm elsewhere about G... L...Voight? It's an odd situation (Voight).

I really think the Village Condos/Townhomes could be going in by the SRL pond. They are back from the road and would be nice around the pond. They were contemplated at the same time The Falls Apartments were. I still would not be surprised to see two more buildings there. Few apartments have three bedrooms.

Chris, care to comment? I know you can't, but no harm in asking

Did you checkout Rockwell's small subdivision in the Northwest area?

Yes, we are going to see growth. Sheez, the NID and Treasure Valley Residents have actually been discussing us in the ID forum.

I wanted to tell you, as you probably know, the contractors for Woodbury are behind on the Springhill Suites. I've been arguing for months there aren't enough construction workers here because I know of projects just barely starting that were suppose to start 4-6 months ago and some that still haven't started. The project manager for Woodbury confirmed that at IFRA. He said their contractor came "understaffed," thinking local hires would be available! Ha, Ha So that contractor is bringing in a second crew to work. Woodbury is opening up the hotel in late spring 2017 no matter what.

Nope, no plans, of which I'm aware to expand Pioneer Road with the funds available to BMPO. I think they are limited to certain things like major transportation and/or intersections with high use. They were applied for to build the west inner loop. I don't think they are discretionary and can be used for Pioneer Road. Maybe the intersection lights, as they cost a bunch, but IDK.

BTW, did you see the one property on Pioneer Road is still for sale at ~ $1,900,000.00? It's right between JHJ and SRL. I'm glad neither has paid that amount for that property. There may be an external buyer someday, but I won't be surprised if the price is lower. Check out the thread Random thoughts from E. Idaho. I'm going to post something there than kind of connects.

Yes, it's good to see things moving along. The Bonneville Hotel, I believe will get delayed. It's not IFRDA's fault. That company from Boise has found another loophole to delay again. I block their name as the crap they've pulled after being awarded the contract....well I don't want to see them win bids here again. I believe, IFRDA, is keeping in touch with Thomas Development unofficially, as there are plans of what to do IF the other company doesn't win all the funding they said they could. The project will go forward, but I for one won't be surprised if Thomas or another rebuilds it.

It might easily be that JHJ gets built first. Matt Morgan will have the construction workers

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 11-14-2016 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: D*MN Autocorrect! Hope I got them all.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:54 AM

Default Dillards

I didn't realize Dillard's remodel was two phases not one. Apparently, there is something a "Grand Opening" or something similar this weekend to celebrate Phase I being completed.

Because Dillard's continues to grow here the second phase remodel will start in March, 2017 and be done in Nov., 2017.

As one who rarely visits the mall, is there any reason to wonder if Dillard's will expand possibly to adjacent stores or elsewhere in the mall? IDK what stores are next to Dillard's. Could any exsiting businesses be relocated elsewhere in the mall? I've seen expansions do both: obtain additional floor space by securing a store and the business moves. Or just occupying more mall space by moving certain departments down the hall.

There is nothing that says Dillard's is expanding, only remodeling in two phases. However, a few things strike me as unusual. I understand not remodeling further during the holiday season. But why not start Phase II in Jan. instead of March? Also, when Dillard's is announcing how much they've increased certain departments, I've not seen nor heard of any departments closing.

Contractually, Dillard's might be under contract to not release details of Phase II at this point.

I hope someone who understands these things better than I can explain. Theotherdude, you knew about this project first. Is there anything you can add?

Old 11-15-2016, 05:28 PM

362 posts, read 235,153 times
Phase one was the second floor and it was completed in three parts. Last I knew, phase 2 was to begin in early February. Dillard's will not expand into other mall space that I am aware of, but quite a bit of additional square footage of retail space was made by eliminating stock/storage areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or