U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2017, 05:12 PM

307 posts, read 337,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
Thanks for sharing the thought, Syringaloid.

Wow, great looking menu ! I could see myself there on a regular basis. I really enjoyed reading the House Rules at the bottom of the page. Sounds like a great place, as does the Smokin Fins version.
Here's hoping......
I watched one of the redevelopment agencies archived minutes a few weeks back. They were talking about the Broadway building and let a few tenant names out of the bag. The bank of Idaho, Lucy's Pizza and Lucky Fins/ Smokin Fins were mentioned. If I remember correctly, other tenants are still in discussion with the project owners but I think the underground parking issue was the hold up before they commit. This project should break ground this spring though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 01:28 PM

364 posts, read 236,478 times
EIRMC is always expanding and growing it seems. It caught my attention this time to find out they are building a parking structure off Coronado this year. I think it was MSR who said when they expand next, it will be vertical not horizontal

Old 02-21-2017, 02:07 PM

Noticed ground is being moved for the new Culver's.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:10 AM

4,654 posts, read 15,737,854 times
Driving home for lunch yesterday I noticed the lot just East of Century 21 on 17th has been sold. It's not the lot right next to Natural Grocer's, but lone lot West. Any ideas? I'm guessing a business office.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:18 PM

Professional business office is a legit guess. However, consider a few things. As of last spring there was a house on that lot. More often than not those types of businesses utilize a structure if it was on the lot they wanted to purchase. Second, there are no residential neighbors bordering the lot so there would be less opposition to a restaurant or store. A business office fits well though. In short enough time we will see.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:17 AM

71 posts, read 57,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
I watched one of the redevelopment agencies archived minutes a few weeks back. They were talking about the Broadway building and let a few tenant names out of the bag. The bank of Idaho, Lucy's Pizza and Lucky Fins/ Smokin Fins were mentioned. If I remember correctly, other tenants are still in discussion with the project owners but I think the underground parking issue was the hold up before they commit. This project should break ground this spring though!
Maybe I missed something, if so, sorry to be redundant, but here goes.....

If you connect the dots...

The property at " The Broadway "where the market was always looked too small for all the plans I had seen. But if the Bank of Idaho is going to move into the new development, then their present building on that block would be superfluous. If that building and the florist shop were demolished, the development would have a whole city block to build on, with frontage on Broadway, Memorial Drive, North Capital Avenue and A street.

Location, location, location

Old 02-25-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
Maybe I missed something, if so, sorry to be redundant, but here goes.....

If you connect the dots...

The property at " The Broadway "where the market was always looked too small for all the plans I had seen. But if the Bank of Idaho is going to move into the new development, then their present building on that block would be superfluous. If that building and the florist shop were demolished, the development would have a whole city block to build on, with frontage on Broadway, Memorial Drive, North Capital Avenue and A street.

Location, location, location

Bank of Idaho will be buying a large amount of office space in addition to their existing building. The redevelopment agency I believe is in negotiations to aquire the land the floral shop sits on. Nobody knows what the plans are for it yet. MSR kept mentioning an IMAX theater but I don't think it's big enough.

Old 02-25-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
Bank of Idaho will be buying a large amount of office space in addition to their existing building. The redevelopment agency I believe is in negotiations to aquire the land the floral shop sits on. Nobody knows what the plans are for it yet. MSR kept mentioning an IMAX theater but I don't think it's big enough.
Yeah, I forgot that part about the floral shop but I can't remember if it was to secure more parking but the floral shop could move right into the new buildings if they really like their location. I know the parking issue is the biggest item in getting this project going as they really want underground parking. It just depends on how much the agency can help with it.

Old 02-25-2017, 08:51 PM

Watch the latest meeting of where they showed the slides again. There was one that showed a footprint of what looked like a small building with a unique layout. It's definitely different than what is really there now, but no explanations given seems how they can't really speak openly of it at this point

Old 02-26-2017, 09:58 PM

As online sales surge, local big-box stores try to stay alive | Post Register

This story hardly even mentions that the Grand Teton Mall will be getting an expansion in the coming year on nearby vacant property. There's a little of it to the south and west of the mall. Such a different story between retailers in Idaho Falls and Pocatello. Our stores are expanding, remodeling here and closing in Pocatello.
I'm interested to hear more.

Also the IF zoo is building an education center this year. Part of an expasnsion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or