Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2017, 08:28 PM

119 posts, read 94,036 times

Advertisements

I know it is technically in Ammon but do we know what is going in next to the Piano Gallery on 17th?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 08:55 PM

432 posts, read 533,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1834 View Post
I know it is technically in Ammon but do we know what is going in next to the Piano Gallery on 17th?
New Desert Industries building.

Old 04-05-2017, 12:01 AM

434 posts, read 417,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1834 View Post
Yeah, I don't see Broulims building a second this fast in IF and Albertsons is pretty saturated and they are all newly remodeled. My bet would be on Kroger...they are popular and they don't have anything on that side of town.
I too bet on the Kroger affiliate . I get the idea they are wanting to expand in IF given some wild rumors I've heard.

Old 04-05-2017, 05:36 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,877,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
I too bet on the Kroger affiliate . I get the idea they are wanting to expand in IF given some wild rumors I've heard.
I assume you mean "Smiths" by Kroger, not "Fred Meyer". Fred Meyer's usually are major Wal-Mart-type of builds with multiple departments. But there is already a "Smiths" on the eastside on Woodruff.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 04-05-2017 at 06:56 PM..

Old 04-05-2017, 07:18 PM

84 posts, read 52,530 times
The new JHJ map is only a concept. Possibly a hotel in final stages of planning.

Maverick on Sunnyside and Yellowstone will be expanding/rebuilding on the property to the west and their current property. The store will face Sunnyside and it will be a vast improvement over their current layout, 20 pumps.

SRL is doing a lot to get ready for the 4th of July celebrations and moving very rapidly. The new business I spoke of before is under construction now, Project X.

The two new buildings being built in Idaho Falls for the INL are going to be a big boost to our economy. $90 million for the buildings, 1,000 construction jobs, 500 new high-paying tech jobs.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:07 PM

When is SRL going to spill the beans about project x?

Old 04-07-2017, 12:32 PM

434 posts, read 417,031 times
A Japanese company opened an office in downtown this week. Something tells me they want in on the SMRs. They might in the future bring a manufacturing operation here. The story is in the Post Register. Pretty good read.

Old 04-08-2017, 08:16 PM

119 posts, read 94,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
I assume you mean "Smiths" by Kroger, not "Fred Meyer". Fred Meyer's usually are major Wal-Mart-type of builds with multiple departments. But there is already a "Smiths" on the eastside on Woodruff.
...And there are what, three Albertsons in town...That is why I said Kroger because even though yes I believe it would be a Smiths you have to take in to account all Kroger stores as I doubt they would bill both brands right next to each other selling the same brand groceries. I'm guessing that they could easily build a Smiths over there without killing off their other locations.l.

Old 04-08-2017, 08:36 PM

Looking at where the growth is heading, there are a few locations the city has located on their area of impact maps as potential neighborhood retail centers by the city. Sunnyside and I 15, 65th south and Holmes and Lewisville highway and US 20.

It is entirely possible that as these areas start to grow we could see multiple new grocery stores open. Fred Meyer, I believe is still interested in Hitt Road south of Sunnyside, there is so much growth that way, may be they end up in phase 2 of Sand Creek Commons.

Albertsons, while already having three stores in town don't​ have a store on the north or the south side of the city and they are looking to build new stores so it's also a possibility.

Also, I still feel that the city wants a grocery store downtown very badly to help grow the need for housing which is a huge piece of their redevelopment plans.

I've also felt that the area of Ammon and Lincoln Road are very underserved and may be a possibility on the near future as the farms are growing houses at a good clip the last few years and there are only a few convenience stores out that way.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:42 AM

168 posts, read 174,266 times
I believe that Broulims had written into the Sand Creek Commons agreement that there would not be another grocery store built in SCC. I believe I read that here, but have not yet found the thread to link here for reference.
Whether that agreement only applied to phase one, I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls