U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2018, 07:29 AM

74 posts, read 45,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpgrizz View Post
I may be crazy but I need thoughts or opinions about having a new mall or an outdoor plaza.
A mall? As in a indoor structure like the Grand Teton Mall? I don't see it happening. They have the commons going in out by the car dealerships. That is a strip mall/shopping center. I think that is the most they will do. If anything I think residences could be replaced by hotels but probably not as likely with JHJ going up closer to the highway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2018, 08:48 AM

364 posts, read 239,393 times
Once upon a time there were plans for an outlet mall just west of I-15. I think the dream died since. The talk of housing in Snake River Landing brings to my attention that the single family Legacy Creek is now built out. I'm excited to see what housing project they build next. Im hoping for some high end condos in mid rise buildings. I just am not sure the demand is there yet. Development of the area will probably remain on the slow side until the events center timelines are more concrete

Old 04-14-2018, 08:54 AM

3 posts, read 1,171 times
Pier View District would make a good little plaza as they expand with stores across Pier View Dr, east of Snake River Pkwy. I’m also liking the idea of putting condos with about 4-7 stories there or maybe by the river which would be nice.

Last edited by hpgrizz; 04-14-2018 at 09:29 AM..

Old 04-15-2018, 04:15 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,257,168 times
Development coming? Oh no!

Old 04-17-2018, 11:00 PM

71 posts, read 58,425 times
Default Gun School and Range

It was intreresting to see the Facebook post today for the grand opening and raffle for the Eagle Rock Gun School and Range currently bring devoloped. It is 10 miles west of town on Broadway, and the festivities are on the 28th of this month.
They will offer all the NRA courses, and even have a women's course available.
Looks like for now, the range will only be open on weekends, and there will be a certified Range Officer on hand to keep things safe.
For $5.00 an hour, this is a better choice for me, than driving around in the country looking for a place to shoot that hasn't been posted yet. I get annoyed when I go out to sight in a new gun, or just want to "plink" for a while, and someone had shot up a bunch of bottles, cans and assorted trash, and left it behind. Even cleaning up someone else's mess does not always keep the land owners from fencing off places to shoot. You can't fault people for wanting to take care of their property, it's just too bad it has to come to that.
At the range, they have target stands and targets available. Looks like there are enough shooting stations to accomidate a lot of shooters. The shelter and shooting benches in the pictures look great.
I hope that eventually weekdays and evenings will be available, once they get established. It would be nice to be able to head out after work for an hour in the evening. I'm looking forward to getting over there soon for a look around soon.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:24 AM

4,659 posts, read 15,777,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
It was intreresting to see the Facebook post today for the grand opening and raffle for the Eagle Rock Gun School and Range currently bring devoloped. It is 10 miles west of town on Broadway, and the festivities are on the 28th of this month.
They will offer all the NRA courses, and even have a women's course available.
Looks like for now, the range will only be open on weekends, and there will be a certified Range Officer on hand to keep things safe.
For $5.00 an hour, this is a better choice for me, than driving around in the country looking for a place to shoot that hasn't been posted yet. I get annoyed when I go out to sight in a new gun, or just want to "plink" for a while, and someone had shot up a bunch of bottles, cans and assorted trash, and left it behind. Even cleaning up someone else's mess does not always keep the land owners from fencing off places to shoot. You can't fault people for wanting to take care of their property, it's just too bad it has to come to that.
At the range, they have target stands and targets available. Looks like there are enough shooting stations to accomidate a lot of shooters. The shelter and shooting benches in the pictures look great.
I hope that eventually weekdays and evenings will be available, once they get established. It would be nice to be able to head out after work for an hour in the evening. I'm looking forward to getting over there soon for a look around soon.
That should give us three outdoor ranges right here just east of town? Between the one mentioned above, there is also SEIPS and Snake River Firearm Instructors.

I agree, when people don't clean up after themselves, it leaves a blemish on all of us

Old 04-18-2018, 06:51 PM

136 posts, read 90,378 times
If only all of the "target shooters" would do so at a sanctioned range.
There are so many toxic eyesores around the region where "shooters" have left their trash when they are done "sighting in" on their discarded objects.
Junk, trash, lead poisoned backstops, spent shells scattered about. It is nothing short of criminal pollution of public (and sometimes private) resources, but those "sighting in" their weapons see it as some kind of perverted extension of their 2nd amendment "rights".

Old 04-19-2018, 07:56 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,257,168 times
It is true now t hat you no longer need a permit to carry in Idaho wheras in 2010 you did?

Old 04-21-2018, 12:11 AM

71 posts, read 58,425 times
As of July 1, 2016, Idaho statute allows residents 21 years of age, not disqualified from having a permit, to carry a concealed firearm statewide without a permit. Permitless carry is already legal outside of city limits for individuals 18 or older, and open carry is currently legal within city limits.
Gun & Weapon Law State of Idaho
https://www.idaho.gov/laws-public-sa...un-weapon-law/

Old 04-26-2018, 08:30 AM

4,659 posts, read 15,777,016 times
Driving down Sunnyside this week, I noticed the old Wallace dairy place has been sold. Any ideas for what's coming in next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or