U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2013, 11:18 PM

307 posts, read 338,217 times

Advertisements

Well, Ball Ventures owns/leases either property. An established retail area makes sense. Sunnyside near I-15 is going through massive changes regardless. If true, that gives me another good reason to avoid the 17th street area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 01:46 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,125,942 times
Sooner or later someone will be able to share information about Costco. Meanwhile there are other projects. I'm going to post one in the other thread as I don't know how solid this one is until they get their non - profit status from the IRS.

I only post projects here I can produce a source of verification or questions about current projects.

IFGuy, given your knowledge of certain things that make I. F. offer some goods and services, if Melaleuca has their own restaurant and event center for 900 people, any idea who will be their suppliers? This will be new business as they don't currently have these facilities at their current locations.

MSR

Old 12-15-2013, 07:01 PM

3,970 posts, read 11,801,881 times
Let's just say Costco will be in IF/Ammon by late 2014. I stand behind my Hitt Rd./Sunnyside prediction. I can't offer much more at this point. Again, if I am wrong, call me out on it. I'm a big boy and can handle it. If true, this whole interesection will become alive with new development. And residential will follow. The senior living Bonaventure will be soon be surrounded by new development. My prediction is by 2015-16, this whole area will have a new look.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Let's just say Costco will be in IF/Ammon by late 2014. I stand behind my Hitt Rd./Sunnyside prediction. I can't offer much more at this point. Again, if I am wrong, call me out on it. I'm a big boy and can handle it. If true, this whole interesection will become alive with new development. And residential will follow. The senior living Bonaventure will be soon be surrounded by new development. My prediction is by 2015-16, this whole area will have a new look.
pw72,

I hear and believe you. My post wasn't targeted at you. I apologize if you felt it was.

What I was attempting to say is a lot of other things are going on too. When someone can post more and a link about Costco, that will be great. Meanwhile, I believe there are some other projects not too far off, that I personally find it interesting to hear about other projects too. Look back 2-4 pages. I said Costco would be in Idaho Falls it was just a matter of time.

I am interested to hear how the increased traffic will be handled. I am also interested what type of residential you think will be closest to Costco. I hope it can handle loud stereos -as I just cranked mine given what is on the Arrow.

msr

Old 12-19-2013, 07:44 PM

307 posts, read 338,217 times
According to Biz Mojo, pertaining to the new Walgreens, the whole strip mall and bank will be razed and Walgreens will sit on the corner and Wells Fargo will rebuild to the north.

Also, the old City Floral will be torn down and a new strip mall is being proposed. More than likely Karnation and others may relocate there. It will definitely give that corner a fresh updated look.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:48 PM

Default It Will Look a lot Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
According to Biz Mojo, pertaining to the new Walgreens, the whole strip mall and bank will be razed and Walgreens will sit on the corner and Wells Fargo will rebuild to the north.

Also, the old City Floral will be torn down and a new strip mall is being proposed. More than likely Karnation and others may relocate there. It will definitely give that corner a fresh updated look.
That important corner has needed attention for a long time. Remember, in 2015 or 16 (whichever I posted earlier) there will be a 5 lane road too.

It will be interesting to see what attention Skyline gets with Mayor -elect Casper takes over. She is the first I. F. Mayor from the west side.

Thanks for the update.

MSR

Old 12-26-2013, 02:44 PM

Default Which Design do You Prefer?

Here are the two options the City of Idaho Falls has for Memorial Falls:

#1- -

http://www.idahofallsidaho.gov/wwwro...1_12.13.13.jpg

#2 - -
http://www.idahofallsidaho.gov/wwwro...2_12.13.13.jpg

Which do you prefer?

Thank goodness someone or many (voters maybe?) got it across to the City Council a Splash Park by the Snake River, with running and playing kids accidentally falling into the river wasn't the best idea! Besides, a Splash Park in Tautphaus gives tourists and locals another reason to visit that park. An opportunity to cross promote the Zoo and Accessible Playground. Synergy could happen if enough visit facilities at Tautphaus and see other possibilities.

Where on Memorial will Memorial Falls be located?

MSR

Old 01-01-2014, 11:39 PM

Default Funny to see that on the news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post

Well, IFGuy, you and I have gone back and forth about media's timing of reporting stories over many years. I laughed when I saw this info on the news this past week. Maybe more is planned for the NE corner of Skyline and W. Broadway than we know. I do know the new Walgreens is intended to replace the existing one.

MSR

Old 01-01-2014, 11:45 PM

Default Not Sure Where to Post This

Maybe it is time to start a City/County thread. I'm not really certain where to post this......but will opt for Development for now. This decision could influence where businesses or new housing developments start for a while.

What do you think?

City of Idaho Falls loses North Loop appeal | Latest News - Home

MSR

Old 01-04-2014, 04:52 PM

Default 17th Street Starbucks

How about some new projects in 2014?

Starbucks at 17th St. and Jennie Lee Dr. Apparently, some demo first before construction can begin. Courtesy of BizMojo Idaho. He also mentions the new pizza opening in SRL. in March. I was thinking about SRL today both because of the new pizza eatery and construction of the shooting gallery was scheduled to begin in Feb.

I wonder what this will do to the other Java ' s on 17th?

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or