Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2014, 08:29 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times

Advertisements

Pentad has updated Sandycreek Commons. They say in final stages of signing multiple tenants.

I can't see where Cabela's is. I have more info sometime about how LUCKY we are to get one. Cabela's new model is the "Outpost Stores" in many locations. But for now I have a different question.

As clear as Wendy's or Zions Bank is an end building which has "Grocery" marked on it. It is marked at 65,000 sq. ft. with the option to add about 15K more to that store or on to the store more west.

What is comparable in size to a 65 K "Grocery"?

Thanks for your help....we might as well have fun while businesses decide who will be in the "Power Center."

msr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 08:45 PM

385 posts, read 526,421 times
we need to abandon the smallest Target on earth and build a Super Target over there. looks like the nearest Super Target store is in SLC (pipe dream since they're usually ~150,000 sq ft)

has there ever been mention of Trader Joe's around these parts? that sure would be fun!

Last edited by tmp4; 02-20-2014 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: m

Old 02-20-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
we need to abandon the smallest Target on earth and build a Super Target over there. looks like the nearest Super Target store is in SLC (pipe dream since they're usually ~150,000 sq ft)

has there ever been mention of Trader Joe's around these parts? that sure would be fun!
People have talked about wanting one. I believe Boise got one sometime in the last 2 yrs.

To compare size, Gold's Gym (on Hitt) is about 40,000 sq. ft. So the "grocery" is 25K sq ft. larger than Gold's Gym.

Target - I like Target especially those with a pharmacy. There are certain things I like at Supertargets. I was surprised the I.F. store was built without a pharmacy. Didn't target start building some strictly grocery stores a few years back?

Which Supertarget do you like tmp4? I guess technically the one close to 2100 South in SLC is a super. Otherwise, Midvale or Sandy are what most people know.

You know, I need to go through some papers. I have a Target Gift Card I've never used. Now I'll be excited to look

Old 02-20-2014, 09:42 PM

385 posts, read 526,421 times
the TJ in Boise opens next week!

the Super Target I like is in Durham, NC Haven't been to one out here yet

Last edited by tmp4; 02-20-2014 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: ,

Old 02-24-2014, 04:17 PM

Default Frontier Airlines - I. F. -Denver Announced!

I knew they had looked. Now, I guess it's official. Hopefully, TV news will cover tonight!

Great month in Bonneville County!

MSR

Old 02-24-2014, 04:38 PM

Default New Strategy for Frontier.

Check out what Frontier is doing: Frontier Airlines adds six new nonstop routes this summer, four in Denver

MSR

Old 02-25-2014, 09:18 AM

17 posts, read 41,333 times
Thanks for the links.. I will go ahead and check them too.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:56 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,665,161 times
While I am encouraged by the additional flights out of IDA, I also realize that if they are not profitable, they will be dropped quickly. NW tried the IF-Minneapolis route a few years ago, but it didn't last. The new route is really just a copy of that, (with Delta taking over NW), and we shall see how long it lasts. I hope it it is permanent, but I don't have high hopes here. As for Frontier, good for them, they will be competing against United Express, and may the best airline win.
Truth is, one of the these two airlines will eventually decrease service. Simple supply and demand.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:40 PM

Default Big Ole Jet Airliner.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
While I am encouraged by the additional flights out of IDA, I also realize that if they are not profitable, they will be dropped quickly. NW tried the IF-Minneapolis route a few years ago, but it didn't last. The new route is really just a copy of that, (with Delta taking over NW), and we shall see how long it lasts. I hope it it is permanent, but I don't have high hopes here. As for Frontier, good for them, they will be competing against United Express, and may the best airline win.
Truth is, one of the these two airlines will eventually decrease service. Simple supply and demand.
Well, PW, I'm confused why DIA is reporting an increase in every market UAL and Frontier compete flying to and from Denver, if this new model isn't working. Frontier Airlines begins four new nonstop routes from Denver - The Denver Post

BTW - would appreciate your thoughts about this in what I posted about TV media. You may be able to explain my question - at least I hope you can.

I agree it's going to be interesting to see if Denver prices come down; however, I think at least 90% of the customer base is different between the two airlines. My HOPE would be UAL would focus at least one flight to the Bay Area United Hub.

UAL will be in a different position after June 1 as the flight to MN starts again. Now those on the east (and Frontier has a hub in Atlanta) have choices.

I think we might be surprised. BYU-Idaho students and those traveling on a budget who don't necessarily have to be at a business meeting can keep those flights busy, I think.

I'd offer to bet you about this, but my betting record has been awful in 2014 (I'd not be accurate) , so I guess we'll have to see if more travel for tourism too, since DEN is a hub.

MN - I know you know far more about than I. Delta picmed that up awfully quick to not be confident of the schedule they are starting.

Unless someone else has, we've not heard about the INL project that I think we're suppose to hear about in March. INL can keep any of them flying.

Where we still have a big gap is the PNW, including Boise. One statement I've made is I don't know if the east and west sides of the state give a route across state the same importance. What do you and others think?

I do know from those who even had the flight numbers and departure times for Frontier posted etc. have said there will be changes in Aug. But, those AA and DLA changes will NOT free up room or planes from Boise.
When I asked about a different airport, they had to agree that would be an airport that could accept feeder planes, and ultimate flying to the cities in the PNW.

If the economy is recovering, the extra tourism will get more $ flowing to the events center and other businesses.

Besides, if BYU-Idaho students who do fly leave from Idaho Falls, more room on the Interstates for those who like to drive fast.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:46 PM

Question Airplane Configuration

PW, I forgot to ask you about the IF-MINNEAPOLIS flight. Others may know too, but I believe you posted somewhere more about a businessman involved with that flight. More importantly, if I remember correctly, I thought you posted you had been on that flight.

Assuming the above is correct, do you think the difference in having a larger first class area will help? I can't remember, did the previous Northwest flight have a first class or was it small, like only four seats?

I read in some biz journal about Delta's increased requirements/ costs for metal reward level travelers today. Delta is going to give first class and business flyers, plus those who do want some of what we use to get on airlines some of the goodies back via pricing.

It may be something more unique to the west given the distance eastward, but DEN at least seems to have figured out two airlines can compete and get different travelers. Does that make sense ....I mean is my point clear? I think Poky and Jackson Hole families and/ or college travelers will benefit too, not just I.F. Metro

And ty for something super nice you did for me today The power of positive thinking may even help some figure out how to get a PNW flight to and from Idaho Falls.

msr

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 02-26-2014 at 11:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls