Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2014, 10:24 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,666,349 times

Advertisements

If my recollection serves, that old NW flight was on a smaller commuter jet, can't remember if there was a first class, because I know I wasn't seated in one, but my guess is there was not. However, it was a nice flight that got me from IF to D.C. with just a one stop connection, and I remember it being pretty quick and easy. Circa 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 11:00 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
If my recollection serves, that old NW flight was on a smaller commuter jet, can't remember if there was a first class, because I know I wasn't seated in one, but my guess is there was not. However, it was a nice flight that got me from IF to D.C. with just a one stop connection, and I remember it being pretty quick and easy. Circa 2008.
Hi PW,

Thanks for answering. I don't recall any first class on those flights.

I think this is a Delta jet, or at least a CRJ that has 8-12 first class seats. I'll have to check unless someone knows.

Glad I scrolled up the page before just logging out so I see your answer.

msr

Old 02-27-2014, 02:07 AM

Here is the announcement of the flight to MN from East Idaho News:
New Flights from Idaho Falls to Minneapolis | East Idaho News

From SeatGuru, here is how Delta ordered their
CRJ-900s: SeatGuru Seat Map Delta Bombardier CRJ-900

Have fun planning

msr

Old 02-27-2014, 07:09 PM

Default It was SAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Hi PW,

Thanks for answering. I don't recall any first class on those flights.

I think this is a Delta jet, or at least a CRJ that has 8-12 first class seats. I'll have to check unless someone knows.

Glad I scrolled up the page before just logging out so I SAW your answer.

msr
Sorry PW- I can't handle reading "see" when I wrote saw. Perhaps too many windows open for a smartphone.

Check the seating configuration above when you get a chance. And ty today

msr

Old 02-28-2014, 09:34 PM

The NW flight in the late 2000's was "encouraged" by FVS. It was a great idea. However, traffic dropped off. Now Delta is taking it over, (perhaps with the merger of NW a few years ago). Their equipment may indeed be different. However, this connection is quite nice, as it can get one from IF to the east coast through Twin Cities quite efficiently. Yes, United Express can also do this, but may involve a 2nd stop at O'Hare in Chicago, or maybe a nonstop to Newark. Bottom line, competition is good.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
The NW flight in the late 2000's was "encouraged" by FVS. It was a great idea. However, traffic dropped off. Now Delta is taking it over, (perhaps with the merger of NW a few years ago). Their equipment may indeed be different. However, this connection is quite nice, as it can get one from IF to the east coast through Twin Cities quite efficiently. Yes, United Express can also do this, but may involve a 2nd stop at O'Hare in Chicago, or maybe a nonstop to Newark. Bottom line, competition is good.
PW,

I hope you saw the plane configuration above. A lot of people liked that flight. Perhaps fly less days, a different type of plane and Delta now having the flight, due to the merger and the $500,000 to explore if the flight is now viable, perhaps the airline party of our economy will yield success this time.

I hope so

msr

Old 03-05-2014, 08:47 PM

Default Indian Restaurant Soon

The Tandoori Oven is remodeling space on the Idaho Falls side of Hitt and about 3400 S. Does anyone remember when it is suppose to open? I don't think it's long.

And new pizza at McKenzie's Pizza when it opens. Let us know how it is to anyone who visits.

msr

Old 03-08-2014, 04:58 PM

The new Starbucks on 17th reconstruction is coming along. Boy, that corner, 17th and Jennie Lee, already busy, is just going to get worse. And everyone will be caffeinated to go along with it!

Also a random thought on the new Melalueca project at exit 113. At some point, my guess is that whole interchange will need to be rebuilt with a wider overpass. Not sure if that is in the state plans.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
The new Starbucks on 17th reconstruction is coming along. Boy, that corner, 17th and Jennie Lee, already busy, is just going to get worse. And everyone will be caffeinated to go along with it!

Also a random thought on the new Melalueca project at exit 113. At some point, my guess is that whole interchange will need to be rebuilt with a wider overpass. Not sure if that is in the state plans.
Interesting question, pw72, about exit 113. I don't know what the state has planned. It was my understanding for quite a while the Melalueca expansion was planned for Idaho Falls, within city limits. It was when the City. Council wouldn't pass or approve certain requests the development got moved to Bonneville County. I'll say it again, while I'm finally getting exits 113 and 116 straightened out in my brain, my confusion comes from various plans I've seen.

When you think this is just the first phase it does become a different ballgame.

This question is for you and everyone. Is it better to rebuild and increase the size of that overpass or move it .5 - 1.0 miles using frontage roads or other to access all the businesses, or increase the Overpass at exit 113? There are some cool, newer ways to do those overpasses quickly in a few pieces. Whether or not Idaho would utilize them, I don't know.

Maybe 17th can get renamed Java Dr.

msr

Old 03-19-2014, 08:46 PM

Default Bowing Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
Was just looking at the site plan for SCC, Cabelas wasn't there, however I zoomed in and saw dicks sporting goods. Also of interest was a grocery store (Fred Meyer, Broulims, Ridleys?) and a pad with a tire center. The pad with the tire center can't be Sams Club or Walmart so if the site plan sticks it must be Costco.

So I am going to go out on a limb and say Costco, Broulims, and Dicks Sporting Goods will be a part of this new development. My odds on all playing out 2:1.
I.F.Guy, I bow. I'll let you post when you want.

You know me and feelings etc. This wasn't even a feeling just a thought I should check. The info had been posted an entire 21 minutes before my post.

You can see what else I posted about.

Nice job

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls