U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2015, 11:19 AM

8,440 posts, read 11,119,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
will people who come from out of town to shop at Cabela's or Hobby Lobby stay over night? I'm not sure why else, based on the new development around SCC and the eastside, another hotel will be needed over there. perhaps you can explain
That was what I thought, tmp4. But another way to address this is by the various factors as I can.

Two things to be thinking about currently are the population eastside and Destination shopping.

Who, besides me, has had to get hotel reservations monthly? If you haven't had to do it try scheduling a few months and staying at one of the three hotels in I.F. /Ammon. There are a lot of different factors that contribute to a high occupied rate. What many don't think about often is residents may have family members or close friends staying for anything from a graduation to a funeral to a class reunion to a family reunion. That's not even mentioning things like the High School interstate competitions like Soccer or Softball. If a family has a funeral they don't always have room for everyone. You may think this doesn't occur that often but it does. People in Idaho Falls have learned how much easier it is to have family stay in the hotels. It solves a lot of problems including letting kids swim or have internet access that may not be available at a relatives.

Sure, if needed rooms can be booked closer to the river or major exits. But once a family has acknowledged there aren't the multiple bathrooms to swimming pool and more at the relatives, they usually want out of town guests closer instead of farther away. I was surprised a few times how long it took to get from the hub of hotels to roughly the mall for business. The three hotels around the mall have a lot of reps and others involved with the hospitals and local medical practices. Then there are both patients who can't go home to Salmon, Jackson Hole etc.yet, let alone families of trauma/cardiac who are in the hotels while they wait for their loved one to recover in the ICU etc.

Likewise, I know of businesses in the mall who will have out-of-state visitors from several days or a week at a time. It's much closer for those retail merchants to have corporate guests eastside.

Those are a few facts to start with there are more. Ask your co-workers if they have had family or corporate guests stay eastside. You may be surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 01:05 AM

Talking Togo's in Idaho Falls Open; Cabela's Hiring

There is actually a fair amount of news happening. Togo's Idaho Falls is open, The Villa Coffee Shop II on Hitt is open and Cabela's is hiring. Something out of those three small pieces of info should make someone smile.

I think March is the target date for Cabela's to be fully staffed and open.

Old 01-14-2015, 03:22 PM

74 posts, read 45,176 times
Did you all see that Bella Vita Coffeehouse closed and is being rebranded Kool Beanz? The newest brand under the Java Express name.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:12 PM

Default Kool Beanz ...hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1834 View Post
Did you all see that Bella Vita Coffeehouse closed and is being rebranded Kool Beanz? The newest brand under the Java Express name.
No, I didn't. That is why we need everyone to share what they can. Most of us have access to different types of growth.

I saw that Bella Vista had been sold last summer. Per chance some weren't around about 6-7 years ago, two former employees of the Idaho Heart Institute opened the Villa downtown to a grateful community.

I'm unclear if the original owner still owns the Villa or not. Perhaps that is why the second one is opening now as it was suppose to be 12+ months ago.

All good news for coffee, tea and lunch (breakfast too, I think) residents and visitors.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:18 PM

Wink Sunnyside Road and S. 15th East Annexation and Rezone....

Just curious if anyone had any thoughts about an upcoming Idaho Falls City Council Meeting to review plans to Annex the SE corner of Sunnyside and 15th East. It is to be zoned residential/shopping.

The meeting isn't until after the Superbowl.

Any ideas what would be a good fit there

Old 01-19-2015, 11:42 AM

364 posts, read 236,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Just curious if anyone had any thoughts about an upcoming Idaho Falls City Council Meeting to review plans to Annex the SE corner of Sunnyside and 15th East. It is to be zoned residential/shopping.

The meeting isn't until after the Superbowl.

Any ideas what would be a good fit there
Local residents to the area shot down Broulims several years back when they wanted to build there. Apartments arent so welcomed in that area either as I recall the residents almost shut down the construction of a nearby apartment complex years ago. I can see maybe townhomes and more professional buildings but not so much shopping or apartments

Old 01-19-2015, 12:16 PM

382 posts, read 386,864 times
I still think Planet Fitness would be wildly successful in Idaho Falls

there are 10 of them in Utah and 2 around Boise. pretty surprised there's not one here

Old 01-19-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
I still think Planet Fitness would be wildly successful in Idaho Falls

there are 10 of them in Utah and 2 around Boise. pretty surprised there's not one here
Perhaps you are correct. Lots of twin homes in that area. Time will tell..... ;-)

Old 01-19-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
Local residents to the area shot down Broulims several years back when they wanted to build there. Apartments arent so welcomed in that area either as I recall the residents almost shut down the construction of a nearby apartment complex years ago. I can see maybe townhomes and more professional buildings but not so much shopping or apartments
I'm glad both tmp4 and you posted, TOD. You two, like others, have a lot of knowledge, common sense and maybe access to people.

Your points are good TOD. However, I respectfully disagree for a couple of reasons. First, apartments and professional offices are zoned R-3A or R-3 (or something like that). You may be correct that is the current zoning. However, along with Annexation rezoning will occur. I've not seen a notice of a rezone to housing/shopping previously. Apartments are always zoned as multi-unit or Apartments.

While Broulim's Deli has some good things, Broulim's isn't a factor anymore. I'm not sure which way I would have voted about Broulim's had I been on the Ammon City Council. If they had the same ~ 70 pages of covenants and restrictions I can see why they were turned down in Idaho Falls before. We, or at least I, don't know what all their requests and Covenants would have required residents in that area to do.

It's possible that P and Z Committee have changed some terminology. I'll try to check.

I want to look at something today driving by. It seems something is contradicted in that notice. I keep wondering if Fred Meyers is an option. Remember IFGuy had been tipped off about Fred Meyers in 2013.

Stay tuned and please post if anyone learns more.

If anyone can tell me how to upload a screen shot I could send this info to you to see if you understand anything differently. Great to have some discussion back here.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:54 AM

364 posts, read 236,709 times
I have found credibility in this fred meyer expanding as I recently heard about it other than here. I just think the property at Sunnyside & woodruff may be a little small for what they want. From what I heard, fred meyer teamed up with some large tennants looking to leave the grand teton mall. I dont know how true any of this is, but names such as Sears and dillards were thrown around. Does anyone know perhaps if general growth properties (operator of the mall) has a history of making such tenants want to leave? I also acknowledge that these tenants possibly had their name in the mix just in attempt to get general growth's attention. I do believe fred meyer will happen probably near hitt rd & Sunnyside. All other speculations, who knows? But it is getting interesting to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or