U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2015, 09:52 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,117,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
went to Togos for lunch today and thoroughly enjoyed my Reuben sandwich! Lots of meat, had to take the other half home for lunch tomorrow. I guess I'll need to get on the review websites to offer my rating asap!

I think the poor initial reviews is one of those deals where dissatisfied customers are 100x more likely to offer a review online than someone who was happy. Maybe it's a sign of the times -- always easier to complain than it is to praise.

Tmp4,

I believe you and I share 2-4 opinions about Togo's and the reviews. I absolutely agree it is easier to complain than give props. When I call a telephone queue and receive helpful & courteous Customer Service, I tell a Supervisor. I've been on the other end dealing globally with the workplace and personal crises of those covered. Some things are hard to negotiate in the middle of the night in Germany or Turkey from the U.S..

With the internet people can post negative remarks and not be held accountable for much. Sure, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. It often seems like those who want to post negative remarks find more problems than those who post about the good.

Next, if you read the comments there is a bit of a pattern. It seems like those who have ordered traditional meat sandwiches have been pleased. It's possible those are the strengths of those making the sandwiches.

Finally, it seemed to me that those who complained were ordering "newer" sandwiches perhaps not found in many sandwich restaurants. For example, I don't know how many people eat Hummus often or other eateries that have it.

I think there could be some lack of familiarity on the staff's part not knowing how to best season or how much to place on a sandwich. Also, we don't know how sophisticated the palates of those trying newer things really are. You may not agree with all those points and that is fine.

Too bad you didn't post earlier. I was going to go in this afternoon and get a take out. I would have gone there had I seen your post.

Good to hear another positive review
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 11:12 PM

Default I.F. Company to Present

If this doesn't come through corrrectly, please check Paul Menser's blog from 2/11/2015.

Perhaps this isn't the right place to post this but it seems right tonight.

I know the Govenor's appointee responsible for this. How well do I know him? I could call his home phone or personal cell even as we're getting closer to 11:00 p.m.

I recommended the company someone from CDF worked for be involved with thiis and other bigger projects to follow. Hell, I think Sr. Mgt. will get hard copies of this, as I personally referred that business for this and more. I told someone here to think of a triangle between certain areas.

The company I referred never took me seriously, IMO, due to the flawed thinking of someone who was here.

Some people judge others using flawed criteria. That business lost out big-time as this is just the start. The person here, well let's see if anyone posts and apologizes. This will be great money for any company who can do the work required at this conference and for the bigger plans to follow.

I am being vague on purpose. I can't believe I actually have something I can post about this - -what a gift! I was clear with that person this was an investment and building programs opportunity.

Wow, was I NOT wrong! BizMojo Idaho: Idaho Falls company presenting at Utah investors' conference

Those interested in business and new projects, please learn from this. If I tell you I want to talk to you about a project, I'm serious.

I'll let you know if this CDF person attempts to apologize without revealing identity. There is so much more I could write but won't.

Glad the person in charge, for Gov. Herbert, had others who were interested in building their business and return on their investment.

MSR

Old 02-13-2015, 07:18 PM

Default Hotel on The Falls

New buyers plan to renovate and add two rooms to the Hotel on The Falls. They hope to have it open within a month. This Hospitality Group works with about 10 different hotel chains. We'll see which chain might
want to have their first hotel in Idaho Falls.

Great timing with the good news from the airport and increase in passengers.

Hopefully, the restaurant and other part of the older hotel ( non-tower) will sell soon, especially the restaurant.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:48 AM

74 posts, read 45,176 times
Default Old Bike Shop

Drove by the old bike shop on Holmes today and the new sign is up. it is being used by St Vincent De Paul. They appear to be moving their thrift store in to that location.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:57 PM

Default More hmmmm??

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
Things that make you go "hmmmmmm ?? ".....
Anyone know what is going on at the vacant property on the southeast corner of Broadway and Utah ? Paul Menser's blog mentioned a site plan being filed. That is a big piece of property, from Broadway, all the way down to where the potato cellars were, south of the railroad tracks.

Also.....it looks like there is some work going on inside the former Bill's Bike Shop on Holmes and about 8th street. Driving by, it is hard to tell if it's just a clean up, or a remodel. Any info on what may be going in there ?
Great traffic flow for a retail business.
Post 1 of 2

Time for some more HMMMM. A lot of things are going are happening or preparing to happen.

1. Chris, how is progress on the hotel construction ? The last time I checked the Facebook site I couldn't see new pics and I haven't been by the construction site for months.

2. The rezoning and pending annexation of Sunnyside and the southeast corner of S. Woodruff is kind of interesting. If you
my earlier post the new buzz word is " node." There probably is a stigma now about strip malls or other reason IDK.. Whatever the reason, node is the new word the City Council and 8B County are using.

A node completes and compliments the area around it. The southeast corner of S. Woodruff and Sunnyside, as determined by the Planning and Zoning committee thinks that particular area best serves the immediate residents and workers who work in the area are best served by smaller neighborhood businesses. That means dry cleaners, a small cafe or two, and smaller shops
would be the best for that area. While I don't have an upper number of square feet, read no big box. Probably a hardware store would be okay as would a florist etc.

Interesting to me is the property on Utah Ave that siege mentions above is also a different node. I don't know what is being built there as that was in motion prior to the P & Z meeting with the city council and county. The city believes the node at Broadway and Utah Ave is that area should also be for the "local, adjacent coommunity." I believe most of us who post or read this thread think that former Taylor's Crossing land would be ideal for some big boxes and national retailers. We will see what happens at the City Council meetings in March. That's when Sunnyside and Woodruff, along with other pieces of odds and end property, will be discussed for Annexation and Zoning.

Officially, the Zoning for S. Woodruff southeast of Sunnyside is GC - General Commercial. That is a new term to me. Remember that GC (and stop snickering if you are thinking about penicillin).

I am going to break this up into two posts.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:25 PM

Wink More hmmmm?? Post # 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
Things that make you go "hmmmmmm ?? ".....
Anyone know what is going on at the vacant property on the southeast corner of Broadway and Utah ? Paul Menser's blog mentioned a site plan being filed. That is a big piece of property, from Broadway, all the way down to where the potato cellars were, south of the railroad tracks.

Also.....it looks like there is some work going on inside the former Bill's Bike Shop on Holmes and about 8th street. Driving by, it is hard to tell if it's just a clean up, or a remodel. Any info on what may be going in there ?
Great traffic flow for a retail business.
Okay, this hmmm may make us think or post a bit more.

There is going to be some rezoning in 8B. East of I-15, south of Sunnyside, and west of Pioneer Road. It is proposed as a redone from Agriculture to C-2. That is a county code for general commercial. I don't know what that can or can't include. First week of March at a 7:45 p.m. meeting.

Secondly, further south, but north of 65th South, East of I-15, south of Daisy Lane but also listed east of the river, a request to change Zoning from Agriculture to GC-2. This is being requested by what I suspect is a hospitality group from CA. The name is Rancho Coachella Properties, LLC.

Any thoughts? You'll see there have been reports on three pieces of property. Please post if you have an idea of what may get built there.

The end for now.

MSR

Old 02-17-2015, 08:45 PM

61 posts, read 50,369 times
Here's a photo of the Hilton Home2 Suites I snapped during lunchtime. They're really taking advantage of the abnormally mild winter.

Old 02-22-2015, 12:43 PM

382 posts, read 386,864 times
^ I'm excited to use Home2 Suites for business meetings. they have very nice meeting rooms with good A/V gear and their rental prices are pretty good

then make the 20 second walk to Stockman's for lunch

Old 02-22-2015, 08:47 PM

307 posts, read 337,868 times
According to a certain bidding website...that i wish I was a member of, we should see ground breaking on the event center this fall. As soon as its confirmed, we should see a ton of pieces fall into place.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:16 PM

382 posts, read 386,864 times
that's extremely exciting too. a few years from now, I can see myself spending a lot of time at SRL

just need a few more destinations -- maybe a brewpub, a few more restaurants, etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or