U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2015, 10:29 AM

61 posts, read 50,493 times

Advertisements

On this Monday morning, there is currently an excavator and a track loader working in the empty plot on whitewater drive (SRL) just south of Scientech/Curtiss Wright and west of the Bandon River senior apartments. If the 2014 master plan is still accurate, then it looks like perhaps more apartment type buidings are slated for that section?

Last edited by DanQuixote; 04-20-2015 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: grammar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 04:59 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,125,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanQuixote View Post
On this Monday morning, there is currently an excavator and a track loader working in the empty plot on whitewater drive (SRL) just south of Scientech/Curtiss Wright and west of the Bandon River senior apartments. If the 2014 master plan is still accurate, then it looks like perhaps more apartment type buidings are slated for that section?
Always helps to see a master plan. IDK what is next for SRL, but it does seem things are happening more consistently in the development.

Additional apartment or condos would make sense to me. So many want to live in SRL or downtown. I looked last month and there were only 21 condos (1-2 bedroom) in the Idaho Falls city limits, for sale. That isn't many compared to those looking.

Other businesses and entertainment make sense to me too as that is part of why people want to live close by. I'm not giving up on golf or driving range in the area. I just saw where a SLC developer is building a facility by office buildings in Midvale. Imagine hitting golf balls for lunch, or five minutes after work is done without having to drive to a golf course. I hope I.F. will get a similar facility.

I agree with Dan Q. The key word about a master plan is "current." Unexpected gifts and other needs can change what was planned. The link below is for Heritage Park.

We do have generous businessmen and businesswomen in the Idaho Falls area. Heritage park is valued at two million dollars. This gift will benefit area residents and visitors for many years

Idaho Falls Given Land for New Park - East Idaho News | East Idaho News

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 04-20-2015 at 05:09 PM..

Old 04-20-2015, 07:14 PM

382 posts, read 387,366 times
we're getting a new Jamba Juice on Utah Ave! as a JJ addict, this excites me

also, any other info on Railway Crossing shopping center? what else is going in there? bizmojo says it will be a 9-store strip mall

Old 04-20-2015, 07:22 PM

74 posts, read 45,280 times
City of Idaho Falls released this today - Council approves $163K fire station design contract with CRSA. New location for fire station 1 will be city-owned property at Shoup & Park.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanQuixote View Post
Yikes, Dan Q. What are you trying to do here? You corrected your post for grammar and some of us have mobile devices that like to change what humans type. Are you trying to make us look more presentable

J/K. I like that master plan a lot.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:37 PM

Default Fire Station # 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1834 View Post
City of Idaho Falls released this today - Council approves $163K fire station design contract with CRSA. New location for fire station 1 will be city-owned property at Shoup & Park.
That is good news! I know they had a special work session meeting today about the fire station and more.

It's always a plus to have you post, Chris.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:17 AM

307 posts, read 338,217 times
Couldn't help but take a closer look at this site plan... The big building in the upper right has a sq footage of 150k. This is interesting because Costco averages about 150 sq ft per warehouse.

Could this be the location or is SCC still in the mix?

Accordingly, this development is still pending approval so after everything is squared away maybe the great Costco question will be answered.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:03 PM

Default Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
Couldn't help but take a closer look at this site plan... The big building in the upper right has a sq footage of 150k. This is interesting because Costco averages about 150 sq ft per warehouse.

Could this be the location or is SCC still in the mix?

Accordingly, this development is still pending approval so after everything is squared away maybe the great Costco question will be answered.
I.F. Guy, First just to get this out of the way, you probably saw Paul M.'s post on Bizmojo. He listed the Costco openings for the next month in answer to a question he was sent. Should we be surprised no Bonneville County location was on the list? I don't think so. I don't know what he was asked but one would have to be built first. Just sayin.....

Secondly, I know the area you mention above is very similar to where I've seen Costco build in many states. That company likes easy access to the Interstate exits.

Third, Are you thinking a company already owns that land or is it still for sale?

I can't say for sure, I'd have to see how big Cabela's or Hobby Lobby are. I don't think there is room in ScC Phase I for a 150,000 sq. ft. big box. Actually, I don't know if "A" is still available as a midbox. The last time I pulled up ScC I can only remember pads available, but that might have been a fluke.

However, I do know Costco won't open without a pharmacy and some other departments Broulim's has protected via all the covenants, clauses etc. Costco could build on the I. F. side of Sunnyside and 25th East and be far enough away, but I don't think there is enough space in Phase I of ScC. I still think Interstate access is more important to Costco be that in the NE with 20 or via W. Sunnyside.

Fourth, just to make sure we're all talking about the same location, from your post, the location of the land seems to be north and west of the Teton car dealerships. Are you thinking that land is in SRL? I don't know where the west boundary is for SRL. I don't think this is the same area TOD and Dan Q. have mentioned in SRL. That is further north than I originally thought. It's almost directly west of the last home on the east side of Snake River Parkway..

Finally, what in the world will Pioneer Village have in it? It looks to me like this land is in it.

Looking forward to everyone's thoughts

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 04-22-2015 at 05:12 PM..

Old 04-28-2015, 06:19 PM

Ammon just announced they received a grant to build a $50,000.00 Splash Pool in McCown Park. And Cabela's gave the media and more the walk through today. They open 5/14, I believe.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:27 AM

61 posts, read 50,493 times
There's a stoplight being put in at 1st and Ammon Road! Halleluja!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or