U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2015, 08:33 PM

307 posts, read 337,664 times

Advertisements

Just found this little nugget floating around...

Last Updated
07/01/2014

Building Use
Industrial
Office
Power Plant
Status
Design

Project Type
New Construction
Site Work

Sector
Private
Est. Start Date
Thursday, January 1, 2015
Description
Site work and new construction of an industrial facility in Idaho Falls. Schematic plans call for the construction of a nuclear plant facility. ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 10:25 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,114,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
Just found this little nugget floating around...

Last Updated
07/01/2014

Building Use
Industrial
Office
Power Plant
Status
Design

Project Type
New Construction
Site Work

Sector
Private
Est. Start Date
Thursday, January 1, 2015
Description
Site work and new construction of an industrial facility in Idaho Falls. Schematic plans call for the construction of a nuclear plant facility. ...
What is it, IF Guy? Areva or NuScale or other? Check what I posted on INL tonight. There could be several, different projects at INL as early as 2016.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:03 PM

307 posts, read 337,664 times
Yeah, there could be some significant job gains in the energy sector very soon. I've always thought that east Idaho could be the next silicon valley without the crash. I think the next big boom is on its way.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
Yeah, there could be some significant job gains in the energy sector very soon. I've always thought that east Idaho could be the next silicon valley without the crash. I think the next big boom is on its way.
As I wrote in the INL thread, the variety and how quickly a new research area can be the newest addition, we tend to have a lot of highly educated people around.

Usually, you and I share tips privately. But not on this, since I still don't know if it is for the Navy spent fuel rods and existing work, or NuScale or Areva or other.

Here is some of what I could find: The company seems to be Jacobs a global nuclear contractor/ builder. They do work on other things but those letters are nuclear - related. Something seems to have gotten the go ahead in April. Several positions have been posted about eight days ago. Most likely it's a planned INL project with the spent full rods or similar. One never knows with INL.

Jacobs Engineering is a engineering, architecture and contracting company that is affiliated with Argonne.

Here is an ad that has everything posted from earlier, I think, and more. I hope someone can tell us more from this.

PURCHASING/BUYER

Company: Jacobs Location: Idaho Falls, ID Date Posted:April 9, 2015

The Procurement Manager is located on a Nuclear construction site and will manage a procurement team as well as be responsible for all purchasing of building and construction supplies as well as services for a large nuclear project. Duties and Responsibilities· Performs work of complex scope. · Works and directs subordinates based on general policies and management guidance.· Sets assignment objectives; plans own task schedule to satisfy direction; work is reviewed on completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. · Provides principal support to the project management team in the effective administration of contracts between the company and suppliers of goods and services.· Experience within the nuclear and construction industry as well as with regulatory compliance with FAR, DEAR, ASMENQA-1, and performance of Commercial Grade Dedications is preferred.· Knowledge of application of procurement principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards especially in the construction and nuclear industries.· 8-10 years of experience required, BA or BS or equivalent experience in related field. Experience in the nuclear industry and with regulatory compliance with FAR, DEAR, ASME NQA-1, and performance of Commercial Grade Dedications is preferred

The End for Now.

Old 05-09-2015, 04:16 PM

It looks like the remodeling of the Idaho Falls LDS Temple is more involved and more expensive than I initially thought. It will take 18 months (well, not quite that long as I was told 18 months to when they open again to members, They currently plan on an open house. I don't know if it is a month or more. Work should be done around Aug. 2016.). The remodel cost should help the year total in I. F. as it is $26 Million.

A couple of other things. It looks like Docu Tech or a related company is doing about $500,000.00 of remodeling to one of the buildings on International Way by the airport. This is one to watch as Docu Tech just keeps growing and growing. Be this another expansion or a different business, these are solid jobs people can live on the wages. I know several who worked p/t during college too. Docu Tech has about a dozen open positions currently. I know folks who have moved from the south and midwest to work at Docu Tech. Many have had entry level jobs at Docu Tech too. Whatever the venture is on International Way, it will add jobs to the economy.

Finally for now, is there a building on D street, close to the Frosty Gator, that would add a gym? Warehouse or Warehouse 13 could be in the name. Thanks for sharing what you know

Old 05-11-2015, 12:35 PM

74 posts, read 45,118 times
A couple new land posts have gone up for the Sunnyside lots in front of the new Teton Volkswagen dealership. The thing that intrigued me though was on the one for a gas station pad (linked below) the picture shows a pending deal for the land right next to the dealership. I'm guessing since it is pending no one can comment even if they do know...

LoopNet - Gas Station/Convenience Location - Idaho Falls, ID, Retail-Pad (land), Sunnyside Road and Pioneer Drive, Idaho Falls, ID

Also the last pic in the listing is an updated master plan map for that end of SRL.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:36 AM

Default New Fire Station Meeting

A meeting is being held Tuesday May 19 from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. for IDAHO CONTRACTORS. The work for the new Station #1, which will be built two blocks north on E Street, will be posted for bids in June. The City of Idaho Falls wants all builders and contractors to have knowledge of what they need to be able to bid. This project must go to an Idaho company.

The meeting is to ensure all who may be interested have the right licenses prior to submitting a bid.

Information is available on the City Web page or Bizmojo. It would be great if local workers could build this fire station. Construction is scheduled to begin this summer. This is a high priority for the city currently.

If you have friends who are contractors please let them know.

It's great to see the construction jobs having to be advertised there is so much need. Music to many of our ears

Old 05-29-2015, 03:20 PM

It looks like Ul opened today. Bizmojo and East Idaho News' use of Bizmojo both report a 10,000+ facility that is different than I thought.

Construction has started on the Splash Park in Ammon. The projected complete date is Aug, I believe. Late summer use should be possible.

Bizmojo also reports construction of the 16 unit "Retail A" at Sandcreek Commons has started. Paul Menser's didn't know any tenants, but thinks some will be named before the end of the year. I saw a newscast of "someone who should know," saying some tenants had committed. That was before Cabela's opened.

What are you seeing development - wise? Any updates about SRL? I know some things are going on, but will wait for an official update.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:40 PM

71 posts, read 57,742 times
Does anyone know which large restaurant chain is going in to the former CD World building ?

Old 06-01-2015, 07:57 AM

74 posts, read 45,118 times
Hobby Lobby has officially announced an August 3rd opening date for the Ammon store. They obviously always post as tentative but HL has a good track record for on time openings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or