Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2015, 01:02 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1834 View Post
Hobby Lobby has officially announced an August 3rd opening date for the Ammon store. They obviously always post as tentative but HL has a good track record for on time openings.
That sounds good Chris.

Any thoughts about either SRL and/or ScC getting a Del Taco, Kneaders (one of my favs- mmm) or Dunkin'Donuts? I understand if you can't comment, but we'd all love it if you did
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 03:04 PM

119 posts, read 94,026 times
I have heard about one future tenant for SCC but can't really say yet or I would get someone in trouble. I know Dunkin' is still trying to establish a presence in the California area before they open up the Northwest and try to take on Starbucks again. They have recently opened up Northern California and Western Nevada. I don't think you will see them break in to this region until they are well established down there. Once they do, it would make sense to start in Southern Idaho as it really does follow from the Wasatch Valley and the owner of the Utah locations owns other restaurants in Pocatello/Idaho Falls. I'm guessing at least 5 years before that happens though.

Del Taco is similar as I think you will be able to follow it up I-15 to Pocatello before it gets here. They are already in Boise so I think they would hit Pocatello and then up to if/Rexburg before they filled in anywhere on I-84 up to Boise. Of course it is a franchise so it really depends most on who is willing to invest. With the owners of Taco Time seemingly trying to sell I have been wondering what the future holds for that franchise in IF.

Don't know much about Kneaders but even though they show Idaho as open, they don't seem in a hurry to expand. We would need a really strong franchise candidate to pull that off.

Old 06-04-2015, 06:50 PM

434 posts, read 416,971 times
Does anyone know if ball ventures is "hosting" this eagle ridge sub? My company is going to start on some street lighting there in coming weeks. I find a few points interesting. Whats the rush? He has a lot of adjacent land just waiting to be developed. I think there is an interested party otherwise this work wouldn't just come up. Its this waiting game we all love.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:00 AM

119 posts, read 94,026 times
I drove by the old Family Dollar next to Home Depot on Holmes last night and there are two dumpsters out in front. Does anyone know what is going on there? New business or possibly just cleaning it up to entice new business?

Old 06-08-2015, 10:01 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
I drove by the old Family Dollar next to Home Depot on Holmes last night and there are two dumpsters out in front. Does anyone know what is going on there? New business or possibly just cleaning it up to entice new business?
Who knows? I hope it's the first. It's a good location. Family Dollar overbuilt.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:52 AM

I told one person here about a business relocating, within the past five days. Today, BizMojo has a story written yesterday.

Coincidence? IDK, do you?

Old 06-11-2015, 10:06 PM

So Chris, a 200 unit apartment building? Nice Will construction start this summer?

Old 06-12-2015, 03:12 PM

434 posts, read 416,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
So Chris, a 200 unit apartment building? Nice Will construction start this summer?
Is that a building or a complex? In one building 200 units makes it large. But 200 is average sized for a complex (I think). It would be cool to see a single building. In comparison the home to suites by Hilton is around 70 rooms (most being single rooms) in four floors. Given the plot of land is more than likely larger. Will we see a high rise?

Old 06-14-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Chris,

What I saw is a Dollar Tree store for that location. I had to look and it appears there are two in I.F., including one on 17th Street. Whether or not the 17th Street Location is relocating, I don't know.

A person told me about Apple Athletics' new outside pool. That is a good addition, IMO.

I like how vacant buildings are filling up with new tenants. Matt Morgan is hiring, I believe his third crew of 2015. He is very honest about not being able to fill certain positions. Many think we'll see several who relocated in N. Dakota or WY etc. return. Most everyone I know says growth. I was blown away at the number of jobs anticipated to be added by 2017 or 2018. This isn't the time to be leaving Bonneville County, unless people don't want to live with more people, more good - paying jobs and more development. And many other contractors and builders are hiring, as I'm sure you know.

In no way am I suggesting I know more about growth and development than you! I may simply know of different sectors that will be growing. I think I will send you a PM later this week to tell you about one planned project. There are reasons you need to know. But it may take several days, given my schedule.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:24 AM

Default Events Center

The City Council voted last night to Annex the land for the Events Center. Paul Menser/East Idaho News have an update about The Events Center

BizMojo Idaho: What's the status of the Event Center?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls