U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-28-2013, 10:26 PM
 
3,970 posts, read 11,824,145 times
Reputation: 1576

Advertisements

Well, there is equipment sitting on the Sunnyside land currently. Is this just posturing, or are they able to start construction? Sometimes builders play these type of games, but not saying this is what is going on here.

I still want to time-travel and see what this area looks like in 2025. My guess is totally different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-29-2013, 08:25 AM
 
310 posts, read 340,300 times
Reputation: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Well, there is equipment sitting on the Sunnyside land currently. Is this just posturing, or are they able to start construction? Sometimes builders play these type of games, but not saying this is what is going on here.

I still want to time-travel and see what this area looks like in 2025. My guess is totally different.
They are currently trying to pipe up the canal so they can begin construction. If they don't get it done before spring irrigation begins, they will have to delay.

It also looks like Scientec is beginning to do some groundwork near the Potadon office.

I would expect that either side of
I-15 to Exit 113 is the current focus area right now, there are some huge developments on their way for this year alone. I noticed that the land to the NE of the Sunnyside Exit has been sold. Costco possibly?

I think the whole area along I-15 south of Panchei is going to be unrecognizable in the next 5 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2013, 09:22 PM
 
3,970 posts, read 11,824,145 times
Reputation: 1576
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
They are currently trying to pipe up the canal so they can begin construction. If they don't get it done before spring irrigation begins, they will have to delay.

It also looks like Scientec is beginning to do some groundwork near the Potadon office.

I would expect that either side of
I-15 to Exit 113 is the current focus area right now, there are some huge developments on their way for this year alone. I noticed that the land to the NE of the Sunnyside Exit has been sold. Costco possibly?

I think the whole area along I-15 south of Panchei is going to be unrecognizable in the next 5 years.
I think you are correct, but my guess is more like 10 years. Though I would certainly like to see 5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 04:09 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,148,996 times
Reputation: 6212
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
They are currently trying to pipe up the canal so they can begin construction. If they don't get it done before spring irrigation begins, they will have to delay.

It also looks like Scientec is beginning to do some groundwork near the Potadon office.

I would expect that either side of
I-15 to Exit 113 is the current focus area right now, there are some huge developments on their way for this year alone. I noticed that the land to the NE of the Sunnyside Exit has been sold. Costco possibly?

I think the whole area along I-15 south of Panchei is going to be unrecognizable in the next 5 years.
Good!

I'd personally like to see Costco closer to a major exit point than in the middle of SRL. I think too many other specialized businesses would be a better fit to compliment the Events Center, Stevens-Henager and more. Ultimately, as SRL continues to develop, I believe many would regret the traffic Costco would bring daily. It's not far to drlive to the locations you describe.

Help me on this one (EVERYONE) please. Is the land mentioned above part of SRL or not? My question really has to do with rezoning and what was passed last year to bring Costco to I.F. not Ammon.

So what do you think, IF Guy, about Melaleuca being a part of the re-zoning to the south? Any commercial businesses that might benefit Melaleuca? I wonder if Melaleuca may want to have an outlet store of their own? Then again, Melaleuca may be requesting the rezoning to sell to someone else. Regardless, it's good news that rezoning and activity are continuing to increase

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2013, 04:11 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,148,996 times
Reputation: 6212
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
I think you are correct, but my guess is more like 10 years. Though I would certainly like to see 5.
I hope for 5, know there are so many steps in developing an area that 10 is not unreasonable. It may depend how far projects anticipated really are in their progress. How about a compromise? 7.5 years..... LOL

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2013, 08:44 PM
 
3,970 posts, read 11,824,145 times
Reputation: 1576
Costco needs to be within 1 square mile of major population. Not sure Snake River Landing reaches this threshold yet.

Conclusion: Housing needs to show a definite increase, or future increase, and then Costco will consider. This could play out over several years. If I was SNL, I would focus on housing. The rest will come along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2013, 09:10 PM
 
3,970 posts, read 11,824,145 times
Reputation: 1576
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
They are currently trying to pipe up the canal so they can begin construction. If they don't get it done before spring irrigation begins, they will have to delay.

It also looks like Scientec is beginning to do some groundwork near the Potadon office.

I would expect that either side of
I-15 to Exit 113 is the current focus area right now, there are some huge developments on their way for this year alone. I noticed that the land to the NE of the Sunnyside Exit has been sold. Costco possibly?

I think the whole area along I-15 south of Panchei is going to be unrecognizable in the next 5 years.
Yes, drove past today and it seems most of the work is on the canal. But this a big "tell". Why would they be concerned with the canal if they don't plan on a major development on this land? Look for Smith Chevy/Honda and Teton VW by 2014. As I said earlier, welcome to the new IF auto row.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2013, 03:13 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,148,996 times
Reputation: 6212
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Costco needs to be within 1 square mile of major population. Not sure Snake River Landing reaches this threshold yet.

Conclusion: Housing needs to show a definite increase, or future increase, and then Costco will consider. This could play out over several years. If I was SNL, I would focus on housing. The rest will come along.
I don't disagree with you pw72, however, do a general search with Ball Ventures and Costco. You'll learn who put the Costco in Poky and other places.

Costco could easily go in many places on west Broadway or the east side to have the population. I know in Seattle/Renton - YOUR old neck of the woods, they put a lot of them close to the interstate.

What I don't know is if a corporation OWNS SRL and has helped develop Costco's elsewhere, it's SRL or a different Ball Ventures property. That's assuming someone else isn't investing in it - I don't know.

I think we'll see it sooner than later.

PLEASE start posting on the Wi-Fi thread. You have to encounter WIFI

You too, I.F. guy,

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2013, 08:23 PM
 
3,970 posts, read 11,824,145 times
Reputation: 1576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I don't disagree with you pw72, however, do a general search with Ball Ventures and Costco. You'll learn who put the Costco in Poky and other places.

Costco could easily go in many places on west Broadway or the east side to have the population. I know in Seattle/Renton - YOUR old neck of the woods, they put a lot of them close to the interstate.

What I don't know is if a corporation OWNS SRL and has helped develop Costco's elsewhere, it's SRL or a different Ball Ventures property. That's assuming someone else isn't investing in it - I don't know.

I think we'll see it sooner than later.

PLEASE start posting on the Wi-Fi thread. You have to encounter WIFI

You too, I.F. guy,

MSR
Kingston Plaza might be a good spot, but if I were Costco I would find Hitt and Sunnyside more appealing. However, Kingston Plaza might bring additional development, but then both locations probably would. A great example is Poky, where Costco brought in 6-7 new retail establishments on a section of Yellowstone that was pretty barren just five years ago.

As for Wi-Fi, call me old fashioned, but I don't like using it. I don't believe it is safe unless you are just doing the most generic stuff on line. I may be completely wrong, but I don't use it much at all. But thanks for developing a nice list for those who do like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2013, 12:00 AM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,148,996 times
Reputation: 6212
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Kingston Plaza might be a good spot, but if I were Costco I would find Hitt and Sunnyside more appealing. However, Kingston Plaza might bring additional development, but then both locations probably would. A great example is Poky, where Costco brought in 6-7 new retail establishments on a section of Yellowstone that was pretty barren just five years ago.

As for Wi-Fi, call me old fashioned, but I don't like using it. I don't believe it is safe unless you are just doing the most generic stuff on line. I may be completely wrong, but I don't use it much at all. But thanks for developing a nice list for those who do like it.
I think WiFi is ok for many things, not all. I'm posting on it right now. Nothing sensitive in what I'm writing, but I certainly DO NOT post certain things on WiFi!

Sunnyside and Hitt sound like a home run to me. Would also explain why there has been such a war between Idaho Falls and Ammon.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top