U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2015, 12:51 PM

16 posts, read 10,390 times

Advertisements

Thank you IFGuy! What a bummer, would've completed and made the area there look better if it had been built, I agree as building around, it will definitely be much more appealing for one to build there.

I would absolutely love a Target on the west side, currently in Ammon, it's not worth it to go there, because surrounding it are many other alternatives and having a more close location would be a huge plus.

I wanted to drive towards the new road by Guns N' Gear, but it seems they closed down the whole road.

I recently saw a photo of a "beta" Taylor Crossing, it was very cool and it definitely isn't the vision of how it looks now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 12:34 PM

So, Tai Pan Trading store is coming to Idaho Falls! It is a home decor store and apparently indicated that their building will be located on the corner of Park Avenue and Boardway in Downtown.

BizMojo Idaho: Tai Pan Trading says it's coming to Idaho Falls

Old 10-28-2015, 04:18 PM

382 posts, read 390,602 times
Looks like it may or may not be downtown.

And boy, would ya look at the comments section on the Facebook post. I may need to hang out there. Apparently that place is a chick magnet. Never seen such a freak-out response like that before. Is it only Asian themed home decor or do they have other stuff?

Old 10-29-2015, 12:50 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,166,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
Looks like it may or may not be downtown.

And boy, would ya look at the comments section on the Facebook post. I may need to hang out there. Apparently that place is a chick magnet. Never seen such a freak-out response like that before. Is it only Asian themed home decor or do they have other stuff?
Yip tmp4. I keep telling you to go where the ladies are. You probably shouldn't hang around schools or Day Cares or a friendly local cop may want to know if you are a perp. Hobby Lobby probably draws a lot of women too. If you *shop* just ask a few women for their opinions about a *gift" for your sister, female cousin back home. If there is interest and she is single, you may well get asked where back home is and more. If you click, the Villa II Coffee Shop isn't far away.

I'll be surprised if this goes downtown. My experience with this company is they like to be on their own with a ton of parking. My sister does shop at one. I can ask her what else they sell. I'd think they would be more likely to build in SRL, JHJ or Eagle Ridge would be a really good location for them. The owners built the original store in a semi- industrial area on 90th South. They are a good transition business. There is one store on the back side of where Fred Meyers is now. It use to be a Dept. store. It may be big enough for them and there is parking. Otherwise, think of how big Borders was. They are not a 2,000 sq ft. store.

I glanced briefly at Facebook but didn't see the comments and didn't look for them. I looked at the likes. Most were women. Happy shopping, tmp4 Maybe they and Hobby Lobby teach classes. Enroll in one........

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 10-29-2015 at 01:02 PM..

Old 10-29-2015, 04:50 PM

tmp4, yes, I guess when you just put Idaho Falls as your location it may just give a center point, so might not even be in Downtown. Always tmp4 going for the chicks!

The comments are definitely mainly women, based on what I've seen from their other Facebook pages is that they have a wide arrange of home products, not just Asian-themed decor.

Last edited by evGTA15; 10-29-2015 at 05:00 PM..

Old 10-29-2015, 09:45 PM

Another bit of good info for those on the Westside. The old Rite Aid building, next to Albertsons on Broadway, will be a new tractor supply company.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...80754915296376

Old 10-29-2015, 10:35 PM

136 posts, read 90,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evGTA15 View Post
Another bit of good info for those on the Westside. The old Rite Aid building, next to Albertsons on Broadway, will be a new tractor supply company.

WooHoo!!
I have been hoping they'd show up when the K-Mart on east 17th finally goes under. (They have been moving into some closed K-Marts elsewhere)

Out West on Broadway is less convenient from this side of town, but at least we'll get a Tractor Supply!

Old 10-30-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evGTA15 View Post

That is good news for those who farm in western Bonneville County.

BTW, welcome, evGTA15. It looks like you found IFGuy's Facebook page.

Congrats IFGUY for breaking that news.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.InAmmon View Post
WooHoo!!
I have been hoping they'd show up when the K-Mart on east 17th finally goes under. (They have been moving into some closed K-Marts elsewhere)

Out West on Broadway is less convenient from this side of town, but at least we'll get a Tractor Supply!
Ret.InAmmon,

Did you see my suggestion about Trader Joe's a couple of pages ago? Contact them with an email. They want to know where they are wanted. Apparently, that is how Boise got them. One man kept a submitting requests. If more will submit them then better. They are 18 months out from new stores, but longer to even consider the area if no one contacts them.

Good luck

Old 10-30-2015, 11:16 AM

136 posts, read 90,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Ret.InAmmon,

Did you see my suggestion about Trader Joe's a couple of pages ago? Contact them with an email. They want to know where they are wanted. Apparently, that is how Boise got them. One man kept a submitting requests. If more will submit them then better. They are 18 months out from new stores, but longer to even consider the area if no one contacts them.

Good luck
I submitted a request via their (Trader Joes) site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or