U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 07:57 AM

8,440 posts, read 11,162,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
I've been curious since I moved here, maybe an old-timer can help me.

what used to be at the intersection of Lincoln & Northgate Mile? just to the north of Pincrest Golf Course; just to the east of CAL Ranch. There's a sign for Yellowstone Warehouse there now, but half of it appears to be vacant. Looks like it used to be a large retail store or maybe a strip mall in the past. it has a huge parking lot
Grand Central, which changed names to Fred Meyers. It was also a small mall.

What do you mean by *old timer*? I ask for those familiar with the area...... I didn't live here full-time three years ago. I returned to the area. But I've had knowledge of some things my entire life. I'm not an *Old-Timer". There are other ways to ask that question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 08:06 AM

382 posts, read 390,285 times
not to belabor the issue, because I think it's a nonissue, but:

Quote:
old-tim·er
noun informal

noun: old-timer; plural noun: old-timers; noun: oldtimer; plural noun: oldtimers
a person who has had the same job, membership, or residence, etc., for a long time.

sorry. should have said *long-timer*....were you seriously offended by that, or is my sarcasm detector broken this morning?

thanks for the answer to this short-timer's question

Last edited by tmp4; 12-03-2015 at 08:19 AM..

Old 12-03-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
not to belabor the issue, because I think it's a nonissue, but:

sorry. should have said *long-timer*....were you seriously offended by that, or is my sarcasm detector broken this morning?

thanks for the answer to this short-timer's question
tmp4,

No, I wasn't offended. However, if my 91.5 yr. young, very active mother read that she probably would be. She'd also tell you or anyone exactly what she thought. We don't always know who reads what we write. If someone read that as your only post, I don't think it reflects the real you.

There are a lot of really severe problems in the world right now. We have so much good and exciting news in Development currently, let's just focus on all the cool additions. I think we'll all hear of more projects in 2016.

I am interested, when you have the time, to hear what you think about the amenities of The Falls Apartments and the expected rents, given where you use to live. Maybe everything offered is the new norm, IDK. That website again is Love Where You Live | The Falls- Pet-Friendly Apartments for Rent in Idaho Falls, Idaho.

And thank you, tmp4, for the DM. You're a class act, IMO.

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 12-03-2015 at 10:33 AM..

Old 12-03-2015, 02:19 PM

my opinion on the new apartments is that they're going to be very nice. they are exactly what you'd see in a larger city. especially in a college town, near campus, for kids who are still on the parent's dime and not interested in dorm life. college kids love the resort-style pool area.

will it thrive in SRL? are there enough small families or singles out there that will shell out close to a grand a month just for those amenities? are the rest of the apartment complexes in town that may be older, but still nice, and cheaper, are they filled to capacity now? IMO time will tell how well these apartments do

Old 12-03-2015, 07:06 PM

Was there a Fazoli's in IF/Ammon at one time?

Old 12-03-2015, 07:18 PM

310 posts, read 341,576 times
I think the apartments will do great. I lived in a similar type apartment in Boise with similar rent and shared the rent with two other fellows. Plus you may get some sunbirds and some retirees who don't want the hassle of snow and yard care.

The demand must be there otherwise I just don't see why they would spec build.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:21 PM

310 posts, read 341,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Yes there was, and I liked it. I think it would survive if it was to show up again. TGIFriday was in the same area as well, I figure they may want to try the market again in the near future. The market has definitely matured over the last decade and it could do very well down by the river, near the hotels or the event center.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:
my opinion on the new apartments is that they're going to be very nice. they are exactly what you'd see in a larger city. especially in a college town, near campus, for kids who are still on the parent's dime and not interested in dorm life. college kids love the resort-style pool area.

will it thrive in SRL? are there enough small families or singles out there that will shell out close to a grand a month just for those amenities? are the rest of the apartment complexes in town that may be older, but still nice, and cheaper, are they filled to capacity now? IMO time will tell how well these apartments do
I happen to know some info about this, in detail.

Yes, I personally think these units will do well leasing. I can't count how many times I've gotten PMs about options for living close to the Greenbelt. Do I think it's coincidence these units will be available before Kelsch is developed? Not at all.

These apartments, while obviously available to anyone who can afford them, are geared for INL and Melaleuca employees. I didn't know Melaleuca was a target group, but who knows what Melaleuca is up too? They've been hiring important scientists and midlevel mgt. - - I won't be surprised if Melaleuca's workforce incresses.

Two parts about INL. Currently, there are 350 graduate level students from Masters to Ph.D.s working on degrees at CAES and other work for their internships. It is thought these single, couples or small families might find these apartments ideal for their needs.

Secondly, about 600 - 800 additional employees will be added to INL by 2020.. It's certainly a possibility some of the grad students may work at INL. Kartchner also built smaller homes in SRL, if that works better for people. Those increases in workers were calculated prior to any announcements about GAIN coming to INL and NuScale.

As for vacancy, when Leland Consulting did their study for the city, in the spring, apartments were at 95% occupancy in IF/Ammon. Essentially when one is available someone new wants it.

That's some basic info to consider.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:48 AM

136 posts, read 90,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Yes. It was in the building that became Chick-Fil-a. I really miss Fazoli's. Their Italian take-out was superior to Carino's by a good margin. I am not a Chick-fil-a fan, and would have much preferred that Fazoli's had lasted.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:21 AM

that Chick-fil-a is wildly popular. I don't recall ever seeing one with a line of cars 10+ deep at any given time of day.

maybe another location, perhaps on the westside, should be considered
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or