U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 05:53 PM

3,970 posts, read 11,824,145 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure this has been mentioned, but my understanding is Carls Jr. will takeover the old Arctic Circle location on Broadway. This will make 3 Carls Jr. locations in IF. Still none in Pocatello, not sure why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 07:51 AM

382 posts, read 389,301 times
I was reading about the newly approved $2.2M expansion at IDA airport and the possibility it brings for new carriers and new destinations. It got me thinking about which destinations are currently serviced from Idaho Falls and which opportunities may come in the future. Any thoughts?

Old 05-15-2013, 07:33 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,148,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
I was reading about the newly approved $2.2M expansion at IDA airport and the possibility it brings for new carriers and new destinations. It got me thinking about which destinations are currently serviced from Idaho Falls and which opportunities may come in the future. Any thoughts?
I'd look for longer routes and different carriers. If Frontier came, they would use Colorado Springs. I don't think that direct flight is still there from IFRA to Minneapolis when Northwest did their thing. So I'd look for a non-United Hub in the Central U.S. too. Also, potentially something directly to TX.

Where does INL travel... DC and other places but usually DC.. I'd look for connecting flights to D.C. What other companies travel a lot? Maybe Melaleuca, I don't know.

Lots of opportunities. Was that in the paper today? I've had little to no time to read anything. I'd appreciate a tip of where to find it.

Thanks for the good news!

MSR

Old 05-15-2013, 10:00 PM

Yes, it was on the KPVI website

Old 05-16-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Yes, it was on the KPVI website
Thanks. There is an old post (6 months old) on KIFI.

I'll check it out.

MSR

Old 05-18-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I'd look for longer routes and different carriers. If Frontier came, they would use Colorado Springs. I don't think that direct flight is still there from IFRA to Minneapolis when Northwest did their thing. So I'd look for a non-United Hub in the Central U.S. too. Also, potentially something directly to TX.

Where does INL travel... DC and other places but usually DC.. I'd look for connecting flights to D.C. What other companies travel a lot? Maybe Melaleuca, I don't know.

Lots of opportunities. Was that in the paper today? I've had little to no time to read anything. I'd appreciate a tip of where to find it.

Thanks for the good news!

MSR
Minor league hockey teams??

Old 06-19-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
I read a fairly detailed article about it today. Part is just having a smoother time checking in, the city would like to get service to San Diego and Seattle possibly with Allegiance unless someone else comes along. Seems to me Frontier and Southwest are missing some key opportunities.

And the city is actively looking for an airline that has the right size planes to establish service to Boise again. Each plane has to be 3/4 full to be profitable.

The sad thing is I thought Horizon did pretty well before the big crash. But the profit margin isn't what they wanted. I don't know if Horizon would lower fares enough so people would fly. Many think one of the small Scare West planes will get that route eventually.

MSR

Old 06-19-2013, 12:21 AM

Lots is happening in I. F. Construction currently. Did anyone else see Matt Morgan ( Morgan Bldgers) saying they are trying to get the sub-contractors who moved to ND back? Another bleed said some are starting to bldg spec homes as the market doesn't have many.

The Mayor of Poky is excited that Carl's Jr. and 2 other California businesses are going to bldg in Poky in 2014. I guess meanwhile he can drive to IF and get food and the Carl's Jr. Being built on Broadway or the other two.

Idaho Falls has issued some big bldg permits compared to the last 2 years. Any week with $2-3 million in permits is great right now, IMHO.

So I saw the bldg on 17th and Jeppson get torn down today. Who knows what is going there? I wonder if that is where Blake Hall is building a restaurant?

And the info about CAES was fascinating. What the state has received from it's investment in CAEs and the very high tech BEA has put there. They are looking at some really fascinating work. I almost wonder if CAES will have to expand.

MSR

Old 06-19-2013, 08:23 AM

Exciting times, indeed!

And a lot of new news yesterday regarding the new event center. Looks like the plans are on the city council's table for final approval. Hope there are some big concerts and sporting events around the corner!

As far as airlines, I would LOVE for Southwest to come here. They're one of my favorites!

Old 06-19-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Exciting times, indeed!

And a lot of new news yesterday regarding the new event center. Looks like the plans are on the city council's table for final approval. Hope there are some big concerts and sporting events around the corner!

As far as airlines, I would LOVE for Southwest to come here. They're one of my favorites!
Maybe there needs to be a petition of something started. SW may not know IFRA can land their jets ( Poky can't ) and other "smaller" airports. I don't know how to proceed.

Some may laugh at this but 8B residents wanted an Olive Garden. I think there could have been monthly calls to Darden by the business reporter for the Post Register ( who now writes the business part for Idaho Falls Magazine - Paul Menser) and probably the city too. I don't really know the specifics I just know Darden got so tired of all the inquiries they sent someone to scout it out. Oh, the developers of Taylor's Crossing kept asking the public what restaurants they wanted too. So Darden visited and they went a little off their "growth formula" and decided to build an Olive Garden in Idaho Falls. I think the community was right- that place is always full.

When you are the airport where Airforce I lands, and a Boeing test landing site, most planes can land at IFRA.
Maybe calling/emailing the IFRA director and asking what can the public do might help.

Yes, I'm excited for the events center too. I also hope there are great concerts. We have to realize different people have different definitions of what artists are great.

So does this news help you understand what some of us have seen as part of what makes this a great area to live? National Parks and Forests, World-Class skiing and now the very dedicated group working to bring more activities events locally? Unless plans have changed there are two hotels that are suppose to be built near the Events Center, let alone restaurants.

I'm just happy to see building starting to return and the subcontractors needed again. We all sensed things were going to start soon.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or