Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 10:52 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,662,795 times

Advertisements

Perhaps we need to bump this thread up.

The hotel under construction that was shut down is now building again. It will be Marriott Suites, and shoud open during the summer of '12.

The Panchari bridge construction is underway with utility work, the actual bridge reconstruction should occur later this summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 10:39 AM

432 posts, read 533,727 times
There is also some new construction on the north side of town. Northwest Cosmetics is expanding its facility and the INLs new buildings are both currently under construction.

There are also rumblings of Melaleuca building a huge new corporate office at Exit 113.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
There is also some new construction on the north side of town. Northwest Cosmetics is expanding its facility and the INLs new buildings are both currently under construction.

There are also rumblings of Melaleuca building a huge new corporate office at Exit 113.
Could be, but that would open up space at their current HQ's on Yellowstone, just south of Sunnyside.

In general, things are looking up in the I.F. area. Lots of new business in the past year. The future is so bright I gotta wear...(well, something).

Old 05-13-2012, 09:32 PM

29,214 posts, read 22,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Can't wait to go see Craters of the Moon park...we didn't make it there back in 2006 living in Pocatello.
This is the coolest time to see the Craters. In the spring, the Craters are covered with tiny pastel colored wildflowers. Each is precisely growing in an area that has just enough moisture to feed it, so they look like they were planted by a master gardener, and they were, by the Greatest Gardener of them all. They sprout, grow fast, blossom and are generally all gone by mid-June; by then, the lava has dried up, and they go dormant until the next year.

Winter is also a wonderful time to visit the Craters. The Rangers there give guided snow shoe expeditions over the lavas, and the day trip is extremely popular with kids; they explore some mouths of several lava tubes along the way and hike to the top of one of the cinder cones in the Monument.

The place is extraordinary year-round. The drive between Arco and Carey goes through the heart of the lava flows, and is a twisty 2-lane; great fun to drive if you have a car that handles well, and a tricky drive to do in the winter. There is no water and no good place to get off the road for most of the 40 or so miles in that stretch, so stopping at either town before doing the drive and picking up some water is a good idea.

The landscape is nothing like anywhere else except Hawaii. The air out there is so pure it is the U.S. standard for air quality, and astronauts once trained at the Craters for the moon expeditions.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:26 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,435,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
For all you Idaho Falls junkies like me that like to stay in the know, there are two new blogs out there that are not only informative, but great for discussion as well.

Check them out!

BizMojo Idaho The honorable Paul Menser is back!!!

idahofallsprojects New discussion site!!!
Howdy again, I.F. Guy. So does this make 3,4 or 5 sites where you and I both post? I haven't had the time to check the blog lately but will do so. I understand why he did it, but I wish Paul Menser wouldn't have gone quite as fast to Twitter. It sure is good to have him back writing again. I'll check your blogspot out and be looking for some of your "other ideas." I'll bet we've discussed a few of them before Hope all is well with you.

MSR

Old 08-13-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Howdy again, I.F. Guy. So does this make 3,4 or 5 sites where you and I both post? I haven't had the time to check the blog lately but will do so. I understand why he did it, but I wish Paul Menser wouldn't have gone quite as fast to Twitter. It sure is good to have him back writing again. I'll check your blogspot out and be looking for some of your "other ideas." I'll bet we've discussed a few of them before Hope all is well with you.

MSR
Paul is an old friend of mine, and an excellent writer. I'm glad he is back to writing at length, too! He has a lot to say, and can say it very well.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:29 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,435,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Paul is an old friend of mine, and an excellent writer. I'm glad he is back to writing at length, too! He has a lot to say, and can say it very well.
Agree banjomike. While I don't want to trash "mgt" where he was previously employed, it seems to me some decisions were made with less information and investigation than "Scouts Honor" received. He did contribute to it. It's just so weird, to me, who won the award and his length of writing/building a network of contacts etc. vs. all those who helped with the total series.

Don't get me wrong, I stood WITH the PR and got some really, really nasty and hate-filled emails from some people. One person tried to learn my identity and some other things that didn't feel so safe during the anger of some, from that series. Nonetheless, I still believe it was a critical series to run and lots more KIDS are now talking about sexual abuse etc. given that "Scouts Honor" opened the door to talking about those things at home. I have a niece who told me today she read that X's father had been arrested for sexually abusing children. I'm not sure that same niece would have made that comment had "Scouts Honor" not be taped to her family's refrigerator door.

I've alway enjoyed Paul's sense of humor and his writing. What about his new band? Have you heard them?

Take care, banjomike, and thanks for writing.

MSR

Old 08-13-2012, 11:46 PM

432 posts, read 533,727 times
Mr. Menser was on Ch 8 news this evening on a segment for retail growth in Ammon and Idaho Falls. I was invited to partake, however I have been under the weather the last couple of days so i declined. Sure is nice to see some positive stories in the news. Hopefully more will follow.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Agree banjomike. While I don't want to trash "mgt" where he was previously employed, it seems to me some decisions were made with less information and investigation than "Scouts Honor" received. He did contribute to it. It's just so weird, to me, who won the award and his length of writing/building a network of contacts etc. vs. all those who helped with the total series.

Don't get me wrong, I stood WITH the PR and got some really, really nasty and hate-filled emails from some people. One person tried to learn my identity and some other things that didn't feel so safe during the anger of some, from that series. Nonetheless, I still believe it was a critical series to run and lots more KIDS are now talking about sexual abuse etc. given that "Scouts Honor" opened the door to talking about those things at home. I have a niece who told me today she read that X's father had been arrested for sexually abusing children. I'm not sure that same niece would have made that comment had "Scouts Honor" not be taped to her family's refrigerator door.

I've alway enjoyed Paul's sense of humor and his writing. What about his new band? Have you heard them?

Take care, banjomike, and thanks for writing.

MSR
Yup. The 'Scout's Honor' series ripped the scab off a long festering wound that was deeply infected by denial, and it hurt a lot of people in a lot of different ways. But most times, hurt has to happen before healing can happen.
I've never talked to Paul about it; he moved on quite well, and I think he's happy. Paul is not a pessimistic person, and I think he naturally finds happiness wherever it abides.

I haven't heard his new band! We used to jam together off and on, and he still loves to play out, but for me, playing professionally got to be more drudge than pleasure after 30 years, so I quit. Our roles reversed- there was a time when Paul was the guy who just played for himself mostly, and these days, I'm that guy. He is an excellent entertainer.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:52 PM

I posted this in another thread, but it belongs here...

Have noticed some new apartment fill-in developing around Woodruff and John Adams Parkway, and along 1st near Woodruff. Also some new construction just east of Hoopes on 12th. Obviously, many developers are seeing some progress in the IF economy. Still a big chunk of empty property just south of the Park Pointe/Meadows complexes on Hoopes on the west side of the street. Don't see much happening there, but it is a desirable piece of land ready to get locked and loaded. This area has become a residential hub, and I would not be surprised if all available land is developed by 2014, or 2015 at the latest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls