Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2015, 07:10 PM

434 posts, read 416,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
The builders are in place for whatever Sandcreek Commons will build at SC Retail A. I see there is an opening date for Cabela's and Hobby Lobby is starting to hire employees. I think we'll see another credit union started at SC before too long.

Has anyone heard anything else rumored for Ball Ventures in Idaho Falls, not Ammon? I don't know if this could be something soon or further down the line. I'm interested in anything you may have learned about with Ball Ventures and I. F. Thanks
I think theres already another credit union started there. Was driving on hitt over there and spotted a foundation. Already poured. It may be for something else but I haven't heard about anything else...

I was also wondering the same as you about something going on in SRL. I spotted an excavator not previously there about a hundred yards off sunnyside just west of snake river parkway. I saw no survey work done, or grade stakes or even other equipment. My best guess as to why its there says some kind of utility line (water or sewage) im interested in finding out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 08:51 PM

432 posts, read 533,379 times
Look like dl Evans is finally going to break ground on Utah and pancheri. Bunch of ground staked up.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:56 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
I think theres already another credit union started there. Was driving on hitt over there and spotted a foundation. Already poured. It may be for something else but I haven't heard about anything else...

I was also wondering the same as you about something going on in SRL. I spotted an excavator not previously there about a hundred yards off sunnyside just west of snake river parkway. I saw no survey work done, or grade stakes or even other equipment. My best guess as to why its there says some kind of utility line (water or sewage) im interested in finding out.
Interesting, ThoD. I can safely say I haven't seen anything and got a tip from a different source. I may know more by the weekend. You may be right. If it's a water issue of any type etc., that could fit with the tip I got. I wonder if there is some type of hit and miss drainage problem with that soil?

What is slightly interesting, at least to me, about that rectangle on Pier Dr. we both saw is how the grass was laid back down. Looking around that rectangle I couldn't see any for sale signs. That includes the grassy land to the south and east. Yet in other places in SRL, there are different For Sale signs. Have you seen that too?

I still wonder if a company bought property and found a problem. It would have been easier in some ways to tear up all the grass.

There were three different re- zonings between Sunnyside and about 6800 South, or Exit # 113. I would think someone would want to be building in the southern area of SRL. Please let us know if you see more.
BTW, one of the three zoning changes was for property west of the river.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
Look like dl Evans is finally going to break ground on Utah and pancheri. Bunch of ground staked up.
IF Guy, Not trying to be a pain here rather just trying to make sense of something else I was told to watch. Would that building be included in either SRL or Eagle Ridge? Or will it truly be a stand alone building?

Old 04-18-2015, 03:07 AM

So I once again drove thru SRL to further investigate something I had previously seen. This excavator I found belongs to HK contractors and they had walked it northward about to where the signage for the future events center is. Driving further south on SRP, I noted that multiple other pieces of heavy equipment also belonging to HK were clearing vegetation on the nw corner of Sunnyside & SRP. It looked much like a construction site still not completed with grade stakes and such. And a rather large one. If I recall correctly, the future drawings of the master plan for SRL showed what looked like smaller retail buildings around a big box.

I seen something months ago that convinced me that if and when Costco comes they will locate on the east side.

I saw no signs at the site and have heard nothing as far as building permits go. This is where your input would be helpful. I am on a mission to solve this mystery.
Thanks!

Old 04-18-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
So I once again drove thru SRL to further investigate something I had previously seen. This excavator I found belongs to HK contractors and they had walked it northward about to where the signage for the future events center is. Driving further south on SRP, I noted that multiple other pieces of heavy equipment also belonging to HK were clearing vegetation on the nw corner of Sunnyside & SRP. It looked much like a construction site still not completed with grade stakes and such. And a rather large one. If I recall correctly, the future drawings of the master plan for SRL showed what looked like smaller retail buildings around a big box.

I seen something months ago that convinced me that if and when Costco comes they will locate on the east side.

I saw no signs at the site and have heard nothing as far as building permits go. This is where your input would be helpful. I am on a mission to solve this mystery.
Thanks!

Hi ToD,

I am not clear if you were asking for my help or anyone to help. I'm happy to check the documents I can. They have somehow been reorganized so there is a period of early 2015 I can't get to yet. But if I see anything about SRL and SRP, I'll let you know.

I'm confused about one thing and hope you can clear this up for me. HK does paving and cement work over 90 - 95 % of the time. I checked their web page and it emphasized their asphalt, paving and cement work. There can always be exceptions but HK hasn't done construction work like building buildings for a while. They do the parking lots etc. It was my impression you were thinking building construction, regardless of size. Did I misunderstand what you meant?

There could be one or more explainations for HK equipment. First, they rent equipment. Someone else may be leasing some for a while. Or maybe a short road etc. will go in that area and HK is doing the work.

It's hard now to remember those renderings of SRL. I recall four hotels around the ground of the Events Center. Is this close enough to be one of the four?

I've looked at paving projects just this past week for another reason. Nothing about W. Sunnyside or SRL or SRP were listed. I'll check again around Tuesday to see if anything has been updated.

I do know Ball Ventures and Re-development area were discussed this past week. I can't say more (I don't know more) currently about what might be added. IDK if that is useful information to help you or not.

Costco will come. I don't automatically think Costco when I see dirt moved as other businesses are interested in the area. Where Costco is built depends partly on when they build. When Costco first looked they wanted NE I.F. to be closer to the Jackson, W. Yellowstone and Rexburg traffic. It makes a lot of sense to me for Costco to build NE with Pocatello having a Costco but not a Sam's Club. N. Woodruff or near the freeway exists would be easy for many.

If you were thinking ScC, look at the drawings. Bldg. A is a midbox not Bigbox. I don't think that is big enough, but I could be wrong. Besides, Costco couldn't locate so close to Broulim's, given their book of regs which Ammon granted them.

There are so many businesses, including restuarants and more, that could do well near the Events Center. I look forward to anything else you can tell us about SRL.

FWIW, if anyone is looking for a construction job, HK had about a dozen and I know of 4-6 other contractors looking for framers and other building help. Someone may know someone who needs a job. Please let others know.

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 04-18-2015 at 09:39 PM..

Old 04-19-2015, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Hi ToD,

I am not clear if you were asking for my help or anyone to help. I'm happy to check the documents I can. They have somehow been reorganized so there is a period of early 2015 I can't get to yet. But if I see anything about SRL and SRP, I'll let you know.

I'm confused about one thing and hope you can clear this up for me. HK does paving and cement work over 90 - 95 % of the time. I checked their web page and it emphasized their asphalt, paving and cement work. There can always be exceptions but HK hasn't done construction work like building buildings for a while. They do the parking lots etc. It was my impression you were thinking building construction, regardless of size. Did I misunderstand what you meant?

There could be one or more explainations for HK equipment. First, they rent equipment. Someone else may be leasing some for a while. Or maybe a short road etc. will go in that area and HK is doing the work.

It's hard now to remember those renderings of SRL. I recall four hotels around the ground of the Events Center. Is this close enough to be one of the four?

I've looked at paving projects just this past week for another reason. Nothing about W. Sunnyside or SRL or SRP were listed. I'll check again around Tuesday to see if anything has been updated.

I do know Ball Ventures and Re-development area were discussed this past week. I can't say more (I don't know more) currently about what might be added. IDK if that is useful information to help you or not.

Costco will come. I don't automatically think Costco when I see dirt moved as other businesses are interested in the area. Where Costco is built depends partly on when they build. When Costco first looked they wanted NE I.F. to be closer to the Jackson, W. Yellowstone and Rexburg traffic. It makes a lot of sense to me for Costco to build NE with Pocatello having a Costco but not a Sam's Club. N. Woodruff or near the freeway exists would be easy for many.

If you were thinking ScC, look at the drawings. Bldg. A is a midbox not Bigbox. I don't think that is big enough, but I could be wrong. Besides, Costco couldn't locate so close to Broulim's, given their book of regs which Ammon granted them.

There are so many businesses, including restuarants and more, that could do well near the Events Center. I look forward to anything else you can tell us about SRL.

FWIW, if anyone is looking for a construction job, HK had about a dozen and I know of 4-6 other contractors looking for framers and other building help. Someone may know someone who needs a job. Please let others know.
To clarify, yes the help I would need is what p&z says, permits from the bldg dept & so forth.

Yes a lot of HK's work is paving but they do all site work. Which includes water & sewer, storm drain, prep for concrete and paving. Their scope of work is a lot larger that what you would think. I didn't just see dirt & think costco. I was thinking that based on the size of the ground they are working on. I dont think this is another hotel because this is all just off sunnyside. I wouldn't think another car dealer would take that parcel (doesn't seem like a good fit)

I too have thought for a while, why not locate commercial along hwy 20? There are a lot of businesses there but it just isnt "hot" like retail row. Ive always thought hwy 20 had way more potential than what you see

I don't think you will see Costco in scc but I do think they would locate somewhere on the east side whether it be way up north by the freeway or in one of many vacant parcels near hitt, 17th, ammon rd, and yes possibly even woodruff

Last edited by Theotherdude; 04-19-2015 at 06:30 AM..

Old 04-19-2015, 10:35 AM

Idaho Falls and Bonneville County have done a ton of rezoning in this area and south to exit 113 over the last year or so. The thing I've noticed is how tight lipped both entities are about any companies proposed plans.

I wouldn't imagine there would be site work without something in the works. Considering the lack of housing in the area I only guess that it would have to be a destination business if you would. Something like a Costco or an outlet type business or even a car dealership.

Then there has also been the lack of news about the event center to the public, but the private sector might know so much more.

Too many what ifs and waiting fors. Costco and the events center to name a couple.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:44 AM

2852 West Sunnyside Road, Idaho Falls, ID, 83404 - Retail-Pad (land) Property for Sale on LoopNet.com

This may be of some help TOD.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:41 PM

ToD and I.F. Guy,

Good posts. I'm crunched for time right now so just 3 ? to think about:

1. City is hiring an architect firm for Fire Station #1. At one point Ball Ventures offered ground in SRL for a fire station. I can list a lot of plusses for that location and easy access to Sunnside, Downtown, W. 17th/Pancheri etc. Would a fire station with more equipment and vehicles fit?

2. Ball Ventures has something going on, or trying to, utilizing the Redevelopment status. Where I get lost on that one is I thought all of SRL had Redevelopment approval. Am I confused or how would BV benefit from Redevelopment status besides how the Costco rule was created? It is possible BV is requesting Redevelopment for somewhere else in the city. Where else would qualify besides maybe area around part of Melaleuca Field ( the general area, I can't think of the neighborhood name) and some ground closer to University Place. What areas could I be missing?

3. Nice post I.F.Guy. I'll let ToD speak for himself. To me, that plot for sale is too far west 2852. Snake River Parkway, and W. Sunnyside is where I thought ToD described for what is happening now. Just for reference the Teton VW and Toyota are 2220 and 2252 W. Sunnyside. The property seems to be further west from the address. ToD will you please confirm? I thought you meant right at the entrance of SRL and W. Sunnyside, which would be east of the dealerships.

And I totally agree, I.F. Guy. The city might just as well use smoke signals or create their own language. They are not listing details like they use to or making everything accessible to the public. Maybe we'll have to ask a media member to file a foia so we can see. Perhaps it's to keep Ammon in the dark but what good are our super sleuth skills if they won't make the records accessible? This is a 180 shift. I don't like it

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 04-19-2015 at 01:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls