Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2016, 02:09 PM

385 posts, read 525,994 times

Advertisements

I'd love to see another upscale restaurant on that side of town! I take clients out to dinner from time to time, and frankly I'm getting tired of the old Jakers-Sandpiper-Stockmans rotation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 06:04 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evGTA15 View Post
I am very excited for the development going on by the Residence Inn, now I do have a question, where are those plans for the Springhill Suites? Are they available online or just to the City?
The Developer.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:24 PM

168 posts, read 174,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
I'd love to see another upscale restaurant on that side of town! I take clients out to dinner from time to time, and frankly I'm getting tired of the old Jakers-Sandpiper-Stockmans rotation.
Jakers is "upscale"???

Compared to what?

Old 01-06-2016, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
Wow. Development news took a nose dive over the holiday for sure. Hopefully it will pick back up next week.

That's great news about the new fire stations! Seems to me there is a lack of fire/paramedic outside of city limits. Considering those areas are high growth, once city limits encompass those areas, Idaho Falls will probably just take over.

It's nice to see some forward thinking going on. Now it's time to get the roads and highways up to snuff ahead of future development because I don't think it's going to slow down much.
Well, this is kind of interesting. The ad reads kind of awkwardly to me. It makes the 6500 South one sound framed in and like the work sought for this one is to complete the inside. I looked it up with Google Map. Sure enough a basic shelled in building is at 1211 E. (I think) 6500 South. It's on the south side of the road.

I read some about the county Fire Disttricts. When they build an initial station, usually it is to centrally locate equipment and supplies. Some types of rural fires need different fire retardent and equipment the city doesn't use etc. I have little doubt with not too much time 6500 South will be a fully staffed additional I.F. Fire station.

Conversely, the Faust Station bid request at 5500 West and Broadway basically is to build it from scratch kind of to be like the enclosed status of the station on 6500 S. currently has. I see wise spending from the County continuing to grow needed facilities, but at responsible rate of growth.

Presently, S. Bonneville/N. Bingham, including Shelley, have a contract in place with IFFD for ambulance service. Shelley has a new $ 5 million fire station and equipment and a core group of paid firefighters. They also have QRS that usually responds pre-ambulance. The QRS does a fairly good job, considering they are all volunteer and the miles they have to cover.

Southern Jefferson County potentially all the way to Rigby has a similar agreement with IFFD at least for ambulance service. I don't know what Rigby has in Fire fighting equipment.

With the ~ 110K residents of 8B, you can see why getting that extra ambulance from Swan Valley down to where the majority population lives was crucial. IFFD runs eight different ambulances/day. They try to keep it at six, but look at the area they cover - they can be at seven or eight by early in the day.

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 01-06-2016 at 06:55 PM..

Old 01-06-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
Ive wanted to see something as well. From what I understand, Woodbury is developing all the land going south up to the office buildings. A couple of way to early guesses as to what they will build; an upscale restaurant or two, a venue for wedding receptions, and maybe more offices. I dont know if zoning allows for residential or not. I try to think of other similar developments by Woodbury but I dont know of any.
Theotherdude, I've seen that rendering too, but thought it was old. No more offices for TC. I'm not sure about the wedding reception center. That was a huge McNeil dream to occupy the first floor of one of their office buildings. The sketch I've seen shows a stand alone facility, if that is current. Are you saying Woodbury would build the reception facility? McNeil does not own all the vacant property in TC. Which is how come I keep asking if Woodbury or McNeil really could build a condo building.

I agree two upscale restuarants are scheduled to be built south of the Springhill Suites, but not by Woodbury. Those will be different companies building the restaurants. But the vacant former restaurant at Hotel on the Falls is still available too. I keep thinking something will quietly go in there, including a new hotel if the old section comes down.

Office buildings are zoned for in Eagle Ridge, if it would ever get totally annexed. But other priorities have the space at TC.

Otherwise, how have you been?

Old 01-06-2016, 06:56 PM

385 posts, read 525,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.InAmmon View Post
Jakers is "upscale"???

Compared to what?
compared to Smitty's and Famous Dave's

Old 01-06-2016, 07:13 PM

434 posts, read 416,692 times
I dont know if woodbury is actually building on the rest of the land, just that they are developing the remainder of what will be Riverwalk dr. The utilities, and the road. Whether or not they will do the buildings idk. The guesses of mine were just that, assuming the location was ideal for such uses

Old 01-06-2016, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotherdude View Post
I dont know if woodbury is actually building on the rest of the land, just that they are developing the remainder of what will be Riverwalk dr. The utilities, and the road. Whether or not they will do the buildings idk. The guesses of mine were just that, assuming the location was ideal for such uses
And they are very good guesses. I've seen one sketch that looked very similar to what you suggested, so I think many thought just lIke you. You know I really do not like to post negative things here that could harm businesses and people. I'll get a PM sent how I know a couple of the things I know and won't post openly.

Have you seen the award winning playground, apparently access to fishing and more in the park at TC? I give Redevelopment credit for winning the award and hopefully some residents will be able to use the space for recreation.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
compared to Smitty's and Famous Dave's
There's Shari's and Denny's.

How about the Fish and Chips at the Celt?

Any reason you don't use Eastside restaurants?

Old 01-07-2016, 11:07 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
There aren't very many steak houses on the east side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls