Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2012, 01:42 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times

Advertisements

I would like to read them if you do...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 01:50 PM

432 posts, read 533,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I would like to read them if you do...
Keep as much new commercial growth as they can...away from 17th and Hitt. Trying to develop commercial on the west side and near the interstate would be ideal. Less traffic headaches (expensive to fix) to deal with down the line.

Infill developments!!!

That's all I have...for now.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:22 PM

Good thoughts, and I'm sure lots of folks agree re/ hitt & 17th.
I think the city needs to develop a loop road that can accommodate power lines to the north of the city, and I think future street expansions must take into account foot and bicycle traffic. I also believe, now that Holmes and John Adams are both 2-ways with a center turn lane, that this is a better use of the older streets than as 4 lanes.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:51 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,659,817 times
John Adams will never be a major corridor for two reasons, one it is built out with established residential, atleast on the western side. Two, it is too near schools for any moderate speed limits.

The areas that have the most potential right now, as both banjom and IF have mentioned include the westside, and Snake River Landing. SRL could benefit from the new Pancheri Bridge, (which is coming along nicely btw, and I did notice a large driveway opening into the farmland to the immediate south has been designed in), and IMO the other approach west of Buffalo Wild Wings should be improved.

Another story that has recently been in the news is making the access from Bellin Road onto I-15 at exit 116 easier. I can see this intechange being a major retail/gas/restaurant/motel center but there needs to be better access. I suspect within 10 years this interchange will look quite a bit different. Heck it already looks quite a bit different than just five years ago when there was absolutely nothing there.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
John Adams will never be a major corridor for two reasons, one it is built out with established residential, atleast on the western side. Two, it is too near schools for any moderate speed limits.

The areas that have the most potential right now, as both banjom and IF have mentioned include the westside, and Snake River Landing. SRL could benefit from the new Pancheri Bridge, (which is coming along nicely btw, and I did notice a large driveway opening into the farmland to the immediate south has been designed in), and IMO the other approach west of Buffalo Wild Wings should be improved.

Another story that has recently been in the news is making the access from Bellin Road onto I-15 at exit 116 easier. I can see this intechange being a major retail/gas/restaurant/motel center but there needs to be better access. I suspect within 10 years this interchange will look quite a bit different. Heck it already looks quite a bit different than just five years ago when there was absolutely nothing there.
I agree. The west side of town sorely needed the access improvements. I think it will start to grow again soon.

John Adams was becoming an alternate arterial route after the stop light went up on Hitt. I agree that it was a bad one as a 4-lane; like Holmes, the traffic was getting both heavier and faster in an area that has all too many residences and kids.
I use both Holmes and John Adams frequently, and the 3-lane change was a good and cheap solution. The traffic naturally slows down. The bike lanes on John Adams were an excellent addition, I think- they allow bicycles to travel to the malls safely for the first time, and I noticed the lanes got a lot of bike traffic as soon as they were finished.
One possible development may be the use of those lanes for pleasure cruising on bikes. I've seen lots of families riding bikes for that lately. They like to get off John Adams, follow the canals to 12th st. and circle back. This may have the same potential as the greenbelt for this kind of family fun.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:58 PM

432 posts, read 533,379 times
I would like Idaho Falls to annex Woodruff north of Lincoln and widen the road to US 26. Throw in curb and gutter, landscaping and trees.

Gussy up a few entrances to our fine city. Coming west on US 26 it looks kind of bad as well as south off of US 20 from St. Clair and Holmes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls