Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2013, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 2,398 times

Advertisements

Hello, Idaho Falls,
My husband and I are moving to Idaho Falls next Fall (kids and grandkids live in Driggs). We have done quite a bit of research so far, but are still wondering what neighborhood would be best when we look for a place to live. We will be renting, the twin homes look good; most of them seem to be in Ammon. I understand that Ammon has higher utility costs. We are looking for a 2 bed, 2bath place that will accept a small dog (25 lbs.) We have to have a garage. As we are older and on a fixed income, we are looking for a place that rents no higher than $875. Are there any twin homes in Idaho Falls? We can't handle a lot of steps, so a town home is out. Can anyone help?
We can't wait to get there!! The city looks so pleasant, with lots of interesting things to do. Also, we are Catholic...any information on Catholic churches would be a great help. Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 10:31 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,616,005 times
You will find what you are looking for, no doubt.

Despite what you may have been told, IF and Ammon energy costs are about the same.

One myth is IF is totally LDS. Not true. There are many other choices.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:42 PM

39 posts, read 79,492 times
I know there is one large Catholic church but I am pretty sure there are 2. We lived in a twin home in ammon that was 3 bed 2 bath for 895. Water trash sewer was 90 and less than 150 for both gas and electric. Quite a few don't come with a/c because the summers tend to be mild but days do get up to 100 so that might be something to consider. There was no basement so only a couple of steps and there was a decent yard with an attached 2 car. That type of twin home is very common,I doubt you will have any trouble finding what you are looking for. I hope that helps!

Old 02-04-2013, 12:12 PM

2 posts, read 2,398 times
Thanks so much for the info, I am much less nervous about all of this now! The twin homes in Ammon were exactly what I have been looking at.....glad to know about the utilities! We'll be there in the fall....from an Alabama summer to an Idaho winter, that should be very interesting....brrrr!

Old 02-04-2013, 12:17 PM

29,179 posts, read 22,181,469 times
There are 2 Catholic churches in town. One, Holy Rosary, is older and smaller, and is located on the corner of 9th & Lee. The other is Christ the King, and is the newer and larger church. It's located on the corner of 17th & Woodruff.

Christ the King as an additional building in back of the church where meetings, receptions etc. are held, and Holy Rosary has a Catholic grade school across the street. It also has a former convent next door to the school, which is probably used for similar events now.

It's very true that, while the LDS are the most prominent religion here, we have churches of many other faiths in town. There are Methodists, Presbyterians, Ba'hai, Unitarian, 7th Day Adventists, Christian Scientists, and many Baptist churches here, and the Evangelical Baptist faiths are growing here, just as they are nation wide. We also have a Cowboy church close by that is non-demonational and serves the ranchers and farmers in the area. Only our Jewish and Muslims don't have a local house of worship, but they both have places where they congregate for religious services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls