U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 09:27 PM

175 posts, read 358,342 times

Advertisements

So, I just moved here last week *Woot* but I am having a crappy time with my T-Mobil. I have no service! Who is the best provider out here? Any of the cheaper providers have good connection here? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 09:53 PM

382 posts, read 390,159 times
Just moved here 2 months ago and I've had really good success with Verizon so far

a few dead zones in the rural parts and mountain passes, but otherwise no dropped calls

Old 04-02-2013, 11:19 PM

4,660 posts, read 15,784,243 times
Verizon

Old 04-02-2013, 11:56 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,160,428 times
It's changed, but I do think Verizon has it now. Look at the home page coverage maps for each service.

I was going to say having a phone gives you the best phone services as I accidentally left mine somewhere and having been chasing it down for 4 hrs. I learned the gentleman who found it called the last number I called and a family member has already gotten it and it's waiting for me at home

MSR

Old 04-03-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
It's changed, but I do think Verizon has it now. Look at the home page coverage maps for each service.

I was going to say having a phone gives you the best phone services as I accidentally left mine somewhere and having been chasing it down for 4 hrs. I learned the gentleman who found it called the last number I called and a family member has already gotten it and it's waiting for me at home

MSR
Good to know there are still honest people. I found a phone in a woman's bathroom once and felt like a stalker when I scrolled through their phonebook. But I saw "dad" and dialed that and reunited the phone with its owner in minutes.

Old 04-06-2013, 06:13 PM

39 posts, read 64,454 times
My husband works for Best Buy Mobile in the mall and Verizon has better service BY FAR.

Old 04-07-2013, 12:09 AM

21,487 posts, read 14,387,730 times
Another for Verizon. My bro switched because it was the only company that has coverage in the local mountains.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellewheatley View Post
My husband works for Best Buy Mobile in the mall and Verizon has better service BY FAR.
That's where we got our phones when we switched to Verizon. Not sure if it was your husband or not that helped us, but I can say I stopped in more than once and anyone who was there at the time took time to answer any questions I had about any of the providers

Old 04-07-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
That's where we got our phones when we switched to Verizon. Not sure if it was your husband or not that helped us, but I can say I stopped in more than once and anyone who was there at the time took time to answer any questions I had about any of the providers
I was so relieved! I went and bought a $20.00 track phone just so I had something............it's fine but I am so grateful to the wonderful man who connected with my brother and my phone was sitting on my table before I could return. Only in Idaho

MSR

Old 04-07-2013, 05:52 PM

The question was about phones and I have used T-Mobile, AT & T and Verizon here. T-Mobile use to be good but not now. My iPhone was a gift and I don't pay the monthly service so I have NO COMPLAINTS for the friend who gave me a real gift. For the record, it's AT & T and I have zero problems with it in Idaho Falls or anywhere else.

Verizon has the absolute largest coverage of anyone. That being said, I'll be polite because I like Michelle and want her hubby to be very successful at his business.

I tried one of the Verizon Modems for a computer. Don't do it in the country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to send it back after 3 hrs. of being on tech support with Verizon (on my ATT telephone) trying to trouble-shoot the modem. And it showed everyone I could get coverage.

As far as mobile modem access, I loved T-Mobile it when I first had it, but that was several years ago. Now, I'm anti-mobile modem after Verizon. It may work fine in the city or close to city boundaries but for the country there are too many small hills, buttes etc. that interrupt service. I could all the 4-5 bars but we could never get it complete. There is a possibility it was a faulty modem and I sent it back the next day. Just saying, if you're going trying mobile modem, make sure it works in the city first.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or