U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 10:20 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,166,802 times

Advertisements

I've seen the desire posted tonight by two of our newer posters tonight.

Who knows more about getting a new softball team going and competing? I think it would be kind of cool to have a C-D team or team for newer residents. Would Craigslist or other be a good place to alert others?

Or maybe there should be a C-D night at the Chuckars. If any here venture to the music forum you know my favs. Would be cool to find others who enjoy the same music or other interests.

Lots of us have other interests. but don't always mention here.
Perhaps we should ask about interests our fellow posters have, I don't know.

Find me in music with a huge Congrats to RUSH on finally being inducted to the RRHOFF !!!!! Usana- July 31
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 12:32 PM

23 posts, read 23,735 times
As for softball or other sports, unused to use a website called sportsvite.com

http://idaho.sportsvite.com/

worked really we in bigger cities, because of the large population obviously. Maybe if u get enough people together from the forums u might be able to get people together that have the same like, who knows....

Old 04-19-2013, 01:55 PM

382 posts, read 390,602 times
I'd love to get on a softball team if anyone puts one together or has an open roster spot

checked the IF parks and rec website and looks like there's no open registration, just team registration. so if you don't know 10-20 people, you're out of luck

Old 04-19-2013, 02:13 PM

We can start by setting up some bp on an upcomming weekend. I know about 6 kids (i say kids, cuz thier twice my age, and they don't have to take asprin before and after vigorus activity) that would be willing to come. But with the weather, its hard to really set something up. Also if u add beer to the invite, then I KNOW j can gather a few more folks....lol...
I know I NEED some bp. Been about 3 yrs since I've played, and man my muscules don't move like they used to.
I missed the last 2 seasons due to my schedule, but when I lived in cali, it was year long.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:39 PM

Tmo4....pm sent...

Old 04-19-2013, 06:12 PM

I'd love to see you two start this - a new Softball Team. Maybe contacting either the Chamber, IF Magazine, and the newcomers group, you could find a group. Not saying I know the best way, just saying I'd love to see it happen.

MSR

Old 04-23-2013, 11:20 PM

Per chance you haven't seen it, there is a new April 1 - Sept. 1 2013 publication named "City of Idaho Falls Parks & Rec.". You might be able to see it onlinee but I'd encourage everyone to get one. Got mine while having my oil changed tonight.

Several things are cool: 1. Day-by-day guide of Special Eventss with all the locations, web addresses, phone #s and more. 2. It lists in detail what rec or other activities are at each facility by age group. I don't think I've ever seen this much info for various ages. 3. There is an adult section of summer leagues. On page 15 it says. "Softball-Adult Summer Softball Leagues Registration deadline MAY 6, 2013.". The season starts the following week.

There is also CoEd B League and many other leagues.

Then it looks like a Fall Softball League starts in Aug. There may be more Softball around here than some of us knew.

Check online or get the Harris Publication free. There is so much info in here about the Dog Park, the Skate and Disc Parks etc. besides the new Archery Range and the various bike and other trails through town.

Get the glossy pub if you can. It looks really nice and has tons of well-organized info

Plus the gloss has what they are calling "Community Organizations" or "Partners.". Partners include things like the YMCA and C Organizations have all sorts of things.

There are other Baseball references, dance, lacrosse and even fencing etc.

Get it and you'll know what's going on. This may all be under Parks and Rec for the City, I don't know.

And humorous to me (pun intended) is I believe seven of the local Orthopedic Surgeons have ads in case someone gets hurt.

Enjoy the recreation!

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls