Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 08:37 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,430,606 times

Advertisements

Did anyone get anything else they needed? I would encourage it.

I had someone stop by this evening who suggested Rocky Mtn. Power will do everything they can to keep everyone they cover in multiple states with power. There might be some issues here and there.

It's always better to be prepared with extra whatever you need.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 10:18 PM

Default Press Didn't Get Much.... There Are Securities Reasons

Read it yourself, or watch the vid. Listening for what isn't being said and do some critical thinking.

Local News 8 investigates the blackout | Latest News - Home

MSR

Old 12-06-2013, 06:05 AM

Default Formal Review...

The Post Register is reporting 70 K customers, not 50 K got their power out on Wed. Fall River Electric, which basically serves Jackso, Driggs, both Teton Co, ID and Wy, plus I believe West Yellowstone too, has asked the BCS for a formal review.

I'm positive I was among the first 500 residences hit and the last to get restored. It was about 11 hrs. Most were far less depending on where they live. But Fall River had power out on TH, which I don't understand.

This could get interesting ......

I hope everyone is warm and we'll today.

MSR

Old 12-06-2013, 10:38 PM

Default For History

Here is a bit more about the pending investigation:
Feds launch review of Wednesday's blackout | Latest News - Home

I understand businesses got hurt or businesses who had no contingency plans. I was in a huge retailer briefly who had their own back up power. Since I do practice what I preach, I had cash and got in and checked out with no problems.

People were "hurt" too. I'm tired of some businesses complaining when thousands had to change plans given kids being out of school, those families had to adjust as did many patients and others who are home bound.

Someone came to see me today who lives close to the blamed substation. We laughed given what we know about the substation and what answers the public will not be told. It's not that Rocky Mtn. shouldn't be accountable, it's their mission and national protection.

Probably the better question for me is who is behind this investigation? I'm close to posting "Witch Hunt," here but will post it elsewhere.

MSR

Old 12-07-2013, 10:16 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,261,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Here is a bit more about the pending investigation:
Feds launch review of Wednesday's blackout | Latest News - Home

I understand businesses got hurt or businesses who had no contingency plans. I was in a huge retailer briefly who had their own back up power. Since I do practice what I preach, I had cash and got in and checked out with no problems.

People were "hurt" too. I'm tired of some businesses complaining when thousands had to change plans given kids being out of school, those families had to adjust as did many patients and others who are home bound.

Someone came to see me today who lives close to the blamed substation. We laughed given what we know about the substation and what answers the public will not be told. It's not that Rocky Mtn. shouldn't be accountable, it's their mission and national protection.

Probably the better question for me is who is behind this investigation? I'm close to posting "Witch Hunt," here but will post it elsewhere.

MSR
On the business front I was not complaining, we both know the core temp of both canines and felines is warmer than ours. Closed doors and tons of bedding aided in keeping them fine. I had the doors unlocked as usual and carried on as usual. Just entered everything in after the power returned.

As far as normal routine, some had to be carried out a few hours later, no harm. Basic thing was letting the clients know their pets were fine, which thanks to my phone and the app for our facebook wall I was able to do without a hitch

Old 12-07-2013, 08:42 PM

Default Using Your Brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
On the business front I was not complaining, we both know the core temp of both canines and felines is warmer than ours. Closed doors and tons of bedding aided in keeping them fine. I had the doors unlocked as usual and carried on as usual. Just entered everything in after the power returned.

As far as normal routine, some had to be carried out a few hours later, no harm. Basic thing was letting the clients know their pets were fine, which thanks to my phone and the app for our facebook wall I was able to do without a hitch
CM,

I'm not surprised you could make it work. You use your brain

I wish those who complained the most would spend 15 minutes writing a contingency plan. It's not like it was 105 and food inventories for restaurants got ruined

I wish anyone who wasn't prepared would learn and make adjustments.
My mom, went around the last couple of days to see who was okay or who needed something and no one addressed the needs of that person.

Let's just say at her age she has no problem picking up the phone and calling some to tell them they should have checked on others! I've laughed when she's told me some she called and what she said. But she's the one who found one of my widowed aunts alone in a huge unheated house. She has grandkids and kids who live less than a football field away. So good for my mom, IMHO, for telling them and many others who they didn't even consider.

I'm thinking if the power goes out again there will be quite a few who would rather check on certain people than be accountable to my mom and others.

msr

Old 02-08-2014, 10:14 AM

Exclamation Rocky Mtn. Power to Start Work Again on Tuesday. Possibly some Power Outages....

I received an alert via KIFI last night on my phone. Rocky Mtn. Power will start upgrading at the Goshen substation again and some may lose power.

Some may want to get extras needed if the power goes off as this construction/maintenance will be ongoing until the first week of March......

Truly, this winter with the power incident, no snow, then frigid cold temps that within hrs. turned to almost 30 degrees and two snow storms predicted before Rocky Mtn.Power starting the the work they need to do on Tuesday, make this winter unlike any other I remember. I don't ever recall Rocky Mtn. doing this type of work in the winter. But they cover more people than previously.

I'm sure of this group given how the power lines run, I'll be the first to lose power (if it happens) and the last to have it restored. I hope that doesn't happen daily!!!!

Pick up extras of anything you might need.

Rocky Mountain Power warns of possible outage | Latest News - Home

At least the days are starting to get longer....

MSR

Old 02-08-2014, 10:11 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,251,219 times
Default March 20 spring

MSR,
Spring countdown is on
Spring is on Thursday, 20 March 2014
38 days, 18 hours remain till Spring First Day Of Spring.
Hope that helps
Stay warm and watch out for the power outages.
Scott

Old 02-09-2014, 08:30 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,261,142 times
Yes, I got the alert too and assured our clients that their four legged friends would be alright

I am baffled as to why now? Why Winter?

Old 02-11-2014, 12:06 AM

Default Growth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Yes, I got the alert too and assured our clients that their four legged friends would be alright

I am baffled as to why now? Why Winter?
Cleosmom,

I got tired of looking for the exact story I saw about this. Logan had a planned power outage on Sat. It looks like they finished a little earlier than planned.

Ultimately, it's due to how many states and lives they cover. Few realize where most of the northwest gets its power. You need a road trip. This isn't exactly like a one block substation!
Power outage planned for portions of Millville and Providence

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls