U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-16-2017, 09:05 AM
 
Location: Southeast Idaho
4,650 posts, read 15,716,169 times
Reputation: 2491

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
we have tons of blackbear restaurants here.
As they started in Shasta, CA it's no surprise I've missed diners like this since Sambo's went out of business years ago. Sadly, in my opinion, Dixie's Diner is just "alright".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-16-2017, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Ammon
136 posts, read 88,024 times
Reputation: 108
My wife and I had breakfast at Black Bear last week, and the portions were so large that we could have fed another table with the leftovers. We felt bad leaving so much, but taking it to-go would have been even more wasteful, since we'd then have styrofoam containers to throw out along with the un-eaten food.

As Garrison Keillor said so convincingly in the "Moose Turd Pie" saga:

"It was good, though."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2017, 09:28 AM
 
Location: Southeast Idaho
4,650 posts, read 15,716,169 times
Reputation: 2491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.InAmmon View Post
My wife and I had breakfast at Black Bear last week, and the portions were so large that we could have fed another table with the leftovers. We felt bad leaving so much, but taking it to-go would have been even more wasteful, since we'd then have styrofoam containers to throw out along with the un-eaten food.

As Garrison Keillor said so convincingly in the "Moose Turd Pie" saga:

"It was good, though."
Yes, agreed. The husband and I now know if we can decide on the same dish, we'll split one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2017, 10:13 PM
 
Location: Idaho Falls
71 posts, read 57,396 times
Reputation: 79
I don't know whether to post this here or the development junkie page..... as we were heading south on Utah Avenue today, we saw the Culver's sign. It was on the vacant corner just past Citizens Community Bank. I had heard previously that it would be on Pancheri, just west of the intersection. If that's the case, it's going to be on a pretty good sized piece of prime real estate. Now that ground has been broken, things should go up pretty quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2017, 10:30 PM
 
Location: Washington State desert
5,391 posts, read 3,581,975 times
Reputation: 3980
Culver's is a very good fast food restaurant, better than anything else in IF. You may pay a little more, but the quality is usualy worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2017, 02:19 PM
 
Location: Idaho Falls
71 posts, read 57,396 times
Reputation: 79
[quote=Ret.InAmmon;47222667]My wife and I had breakfast at Black Bear last week, and the portions were so large that we could have fed another table with the leftovers.

I finally got to try the breakfast at Black Bear today....OMG....large portions ? Crazy big !

I knew the meal would be BIG because of what I ordered. I had the the Grizz. 3 eggs, 2 big pancakes, 2 slices of smokey bacon, 2 thick, spicy, link sausages, a nice sized hunk of ham, and hash browns. Everything was great. I will probably order something smaller next time, but my curiosity and appetite were both fully satisfied today.
My wife ordered the BIGfoot....chicken fried steak, 3 eggs, and hash browns. They should call it the Big FEET, because there were 2 large chicken fried steaks on the platter. Nice light breading, tender, crispy, but not scorched. It came with biscuits. Light fluffy biscuits....about the size of a pillow. Again, next time, she will order something smaller too.
Service was fast, but we were there for brunch, about 10:30, so we were between the breakfast and lunch rushes. Everything was nicely cooked, the waitress checked on us regularly, and every waitress who came by any table offered to top off beverages or water. We will go back again, and try some more menu items, as there is a lot that looks good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2017, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Idaho Falls
71 posts, read 57,396 times
Reputation: 79
We decided to try Culver's tonight, hoping the crowd would not be too bad, considering that they recently opened. It was about 7:30, the parking lot was fairly full, but there were a few open spots, so we took a chance and went in.
We were able to place our order within two minutes, and had it delivered to our table within 5 minutes.They got everything on the order right. Everyone working there was cheerful and friendly. The place was busy, but the staff was well trained, and very efficient.
The burgers were pressed very flat. It's their style. I prefer a thick, medium rare patty, but to be completely honest, I was pleasantly suprised at how good their double cheese burger is. The fries were OK, and the cheese curds were awesome. All the toppings on the burgers were fresh, crisp and in proper proportion. Even the fry sauce was a little more complex and flavorful than most.
Prices weren't bad, (Value Basket ) the double cheese burger with all the extras, a side dish, and a drink came to $9.00. It was money well spent.
Having tried Freddie's (twice) when they opened, and being very disapointed, my expectations were not very high coming here tonight. I'm glad we went, because Culver's is what I had hoped Freddies would have been. We were too full to try the fresh frozen custard, but I'm looking forward to going back again to try the custard and some of the other menu items. There are a lot of other kinds of sandwiches to try, and they all look good.

Last edited by siege; 07-11-2017 at 09:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2017, 09:28 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
1,628 posts, read 1,206,996 times
Reputation: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
We decided to try Culver's tonight, hoping the crowd would not be too bad, considering that they recently opened. It was about 7:30, the parking lot was fairly full, but there were a few open spots, so we took a chance and went in.
We were able to place our order within two minutes, and had it delivered to our table within 5 minutes.They got everything on the order right. Everyone working there was cheerful and friendly. The place was busy, but the staff was well trained, and very efficient.
The burgers were pressed very flat. It's their style. I prefer a thick, medium rare patty, but to be completely honest, I was pleasantly suprised at how good their double cheese burger is. The fries were OK, and the cheese curds were awesome. All the toppings on the burgers were fresh, crisp and in proper proportion. Even the fry sauce was a little more complex and flavorful than most.
Prices weren't bad, (Value Basket ) the double cheese burger with all the extras, a side dish, and a drink came to $9.00. It was money well spent.
Having tried Freddie's (twice) when they opened, and being very disapointed, my expectations were not very high coming here tonight. I'm glad we went, because Culver's is what I had hoped Freddies would have been. We were too full to try the fresh frozen custard, but I'm looking forward to going back again to try the custard and some of the other menu items. There are a lot of other kinds of sandwiches to try, and they all look good.
Try doing that here and you will wait in line for 30 to 60 minutes. that's if you can find a parking space first of all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2017, 06:51 PM
 
Location: Ammon
136 posts, read 88,024 times
Reputation: 108
My wife and I tried Culvers on Thursday evening. The wait was short, the menu was substantial, which slowed us down enough to let others go ahead. The environment was nice, all tables along the walls have electrical and USB outlets at them for the on-the-go-techies, the food delivery to our table was quick, the food was good. I had the cod sandwich and the wife had the basic single butter burger. I will return to try the custard and some of the other meal offerings.
Much nicer than the other fast food places (McDonalds, Jack's, Carl's, etc)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2017, 08:00 PM
 
Location: San Francisco
1,628 posts, read 1,206,996 times
Reputation: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.InAmmon View Post
My wife and I tried Culvers on Thursday evening. The wait was short, the menu was substantial, which slowed us down enough to let others go ahead. The environment was nice, all tables along the walls have electrical and USB outlets at them for the on-the-go-techies, the food delivery to our table was quick, the food was good. I had the cod sandwich and the wife had the basic single butter burger. I will return to try the custard and some of the other meal offerings.
Much nicer than the other fast food places (McDonalds, Jack's, Carl's, etc)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top