U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 06:40 PM

136 posts, read 89,006 times

Advertisements

Where are the reviews of Ferraro's?
Hasn't anyone eaten there yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 09:02 AM

4,654 posts, read 15,736,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.InAmmon View Post
Where are the reviews of Ferraro's?
Hasn't anyone eaten there yet?
Not as of yet...

Old 08-29-2017, 06:49 PM

6 posts, read 4,586 times
It hasn't gotten good reviews overall

Old 08-30-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathymee View Post
It hasn't gotten good reviews overall
Hmm. I haven't even found any reviews on here yet. . . .

But Yelp reviews have it five stars so far . . .

Guess I had better try it and write one.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:59 PM

I actually read the early reviews on their Facebook page. Perhaps it was just start-up issues but people were critical of service and flavorless cooking

Old 08-30-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathymee View Post
I actually read the early reviews on their Facebook page. Perhaps it was just start-up issues but people were critical of service and flavorless cooking
I just went back and reread the FB page reviews, they are decidedly mixed now

Old 10-12-2017, 09:25 PM

71 posts, read 57,742 times
Default Bbq

We went to Dickie's BBQ 2 Saturdays ago for lunch, and they have gone out of business. The sign on 17th street now shows the building is for sale or lease.

This in turn aided the decission to try Li'l Mike's in Rigby. The decor reminds me of a lot of BBQ joints I grew up with down south. There is a big chalk board menu that's pretty straightforward. Sandwiches with sides, platters, family packs, and meat by the pound. The staff is very friendly and quick to explain menu items and make suggestions.

I do a lot of barbeque at home, and understand the process. It's low and slow, not like grilling a steak or burgers. I usually smoke brisket for 12 hours or so, and pork shoulder for upwards of 8 hours. Ribs at my house are a 6 hour smoke. When I travel, I seek out local BBQ restaurants to try, and have eatem a variety of BBQ styles. I mention this to put the price and service in context. It takes time to produce good barbeque, and then when it's done, it's done.

Walk in, place your order, grab a bucket of free peanuts, and seat yourself. About the time you get that first peanut cracked open, your food is on its way to the table. It's hot, and ready. You don't "cook" barbeque to order. It's journey to your table started many hours before you ordered. A sandwich with a side will run you $9 to $11. Everything we tried was good. The brisket in particular was as good as any I have had anywhere. If you like spicy, the jalapeno and cheddar stuffed bacon wrapped smoked sausage is worth a try. The house sauces are good, too. We have been there twice, and will surely go back for more.
I wanted to try their take on BBQ beans, and was suprised that they don't offer them. I still miss Bubba's beans, loaded with smoked meat and simmered in the smoker. Instead, Lil' Mike's offers a chili bean side dish. Interesting twist, and pretty good once you get used to the idea. The fries however, were nothing to write home about. I was pleasantly suprised to find "Cheerwine " on tap with the other soft drinks. This is an old school cherry soda. If you check out their Facebook page, you will also find specials that are not regular menu items.
I know this isn't exactly Idaho Falls and Ammon, but it's worth the short drive to Rigby for a relaxed lunch, or a quick bite when you want something good and you are in a hurry.

Last edited by siege; 10-12-2017 at 10:02 PM..

Old 11-19-2017, 09:49 AM

I finally got around to trying out Ferraro's in Ammon.
My wife and I and another couple dined there Saturday evening.
I had the veal scallopini, and it was excellent. Perhaps a tad more tomatoey than I prefer, but well prepared, tender and delicious. Easily an 8 on a ten point scale
My wife had the chicken ravioli, which was served with a white cream sauce (alfredo?). They were very good, and very rich. Another 8 point dish.
Another of us had the chicken marsala. I am a big fan of chicken marsala, and make a pretty good one myself, but Ferraro's chicken marsala was top notch, prepared well, lots of nicely browned mushrooms in a rich wine sauce, and just the right combination of crustiness and tenderness in the chicken. 10 out of ten for the marsala.
The fourth at our table had the beef ravioli in red sauce. It was nicely prepared, had a good baked-on cheese topping and a rich delicious red sauce. I didn't get to sample those, but they were rated as excellent by the person who ordered them.

All entrees came with a salad, which was small, generic and fresh. Nothing exciting, but the house made blue cheese dressing was very good.

Plenty of bread was served, so we never ran out. The wine selection was good, but not great. Not much in the way of Italian wines to accompany a nice Italian dinner, but enough other wines to choose from to allow decent pairing.

Service was very good. We had no less than four different staff/owner visit our table, and they were helpful in describing menu options to help with our decisions. The menu is substantial, with something for everyone, from pizza or spaghetti to Manicotti or Marsala. Lots of variety and plenty of pasta dishes, as well as meat options, seafood, etc.

We sat down at 5:30, and by 6:15 the place was fairly full, but never so busy that service waned.

All in all I'd give Ferraro's an 8.5 out of 10.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:25 PM

There is a new Thai place in town, and the rest of them have been taken down a notch or two.

Dee Kitchen is currently in "Pre-Grand Opening" mode, and open for business, specializing in authentic Thai food and Pho Noodles. They are in the strip mall on the West side of Hitt (So. 25th East), across from TJ Max and Sportsmans Warehouse.

I have been disappointed with the other "Thai" offerings in the area, one that rhymes with "Dung Strep", and the other more of a quick lunch stop when visiting Shopko or Sams, but lacking in freshness, quality or authenticity of their offerings.

Dee Kitchen has set the bar very high, with fresh, excellent food, authentically prepared and surpassing expectations on all counts. I haven't had any Thai food this good in years. The Pad Thai and Drunken Noodles were excellent, with the perfect flavorings and spices, served up in good-sized portions. The house special curry was outstanding, creamy, and delicious, with lots of crispy veggies and perfectly cooked pork (other meats and veggie only are options). The service was also excellent, and the prices very reasonable.

If you like Thai food, you owe it to yourself to try this new menu at Dees Kitchen.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:29 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,225,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ret.inammon View Post
there is a new thai place in town, and the rest of them have been taken down a notch or two.

Dee kitchen is currently in "pre-grand opening" mode, and open for business, specializing in authentic thai food and pho noodles. They are in the strip mall on the west side of hitt (so. 25th east), across from tj max and sportsmans warehouse.

I have been disappointed with the other "thai" offerings in the area, one that rhymes with "dung strep", and the other more of a quick lunch stop when visiting shopko or sams, but lacking in freshness, quality or authenticity of their offerings.

Dee kitchen has set the bar very high, with fresh, excellent food, authentically prepared and surpassing expectations on all counts. I haven't had any thai food this good in years. The pad thai and drunken noodles were excellent, with the perfect flavorings and spices, served up in good-sized portions. The house special curry was outstanding, creamy, and delicious, with lots of crispy veggies and perfectly cooked pork (other meats and veggie only are options). The service was also excellent, and the prices very reasonable.

If you like thai food, you owe it to yourself to try this new menu at dees kitchen.
:d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls