U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-14-2014, 01:16 AM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,150,745 times
Reputation: 6212

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
Going through IF restaurants on-line, found Famous Daves's. Looks pretty good. Anyone eat there? Here is part of the advertisment on the web page.
FAMOUS DAVE'S - Idaho Falls. Famous Dave spent 25 years perfecting America's favorite styles of barbeque, like our hickory-smoked ribs and Georgia chopped pork slathered with our own Rich & Sassy® BBQ sauce.
Scott
Scott,

I have in other states. It's busy. It's close to the main (for now) Idaho Falls exit, hotels on the river and Greenbelt. Ask others what they think....

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-14-2014, 05:10 AM
 
Location: Southeast Idaho
4,659 posts, read 15,773,408 times
Reputation: 2515
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStielow View Post
Going through IF restaurants on-line, found Famous Daves's. Looks pretty good. Anyone eat there? Here is part of the advertisment on the web page.
FAMOUS DAVE'S - Idaho Falls. Famous Dave spent 25 years perfecting America's favorite styles of barbeque, like our hickory-smoked ribs and Georgia chopped pork slathered with our own Rich & Sassy® BBQ sauce.
Scott
We have, however still prefer Texas Roadhouse over Famous Dave's. Not to say it was bad, I would say average.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2014, 01:36 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,150,745 times
Reputation: 6212
Default Name Recognition

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
We have, however still prefer Texas Roadhouse over Famous Dave's. Not to say it was bad, I would say average.
I think Famous Dave's has a bigger amount of restaurants and brand recognition. Texas Roadhouse, which I like too, tends not to build as close to freeway exits and hotels. I guess it's more "residential" if you will.

Put them both on your list, Scott.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2014, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Aiea, Hawaii
2,086 posts, read 2,248,001 times
Reputation: 1280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I think Famous Dave's has a bigger amount of restaurants and brand recognition. Texas Roadhouse, which I like too, tends not to build as close to freeway exits and hotels. I guess it's more "residential" if you will.

Put them both on your list, Scott.

MSR
Thankyou MSR and cleosmom
I've eaten at Texas Roadhouse when i was working TAD at Northrum Grumman/Newport News, Shipyard in Virginia in 2007, real good. We stayed in Yorktown at the Candlewood Suites. Across the street was Texas Road house, which we always ate at on Friday nights. Boy, now i know i am going to be putting on the pounds, lol! Now that i think about it, the Texas Road house was in kind of a residential area Across the street, in front of some Townhouses/Apartments.
Both are on the list! Thanks for the tips.
Scott

Last edited by ScottStielow; 04-14-2014 at 09:55 PM.. Reason: Added information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2014, 07:08 PM
 
16,522 posts, read 20,964,213 times
Reputation: 47952
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Hastings is great, but they don't have all the titles I'm looking for. However, I will overlook this as they are basically the only game in town.

.
Bringing this thread up to date.

That's the one issue I have with Hastings. But Hastings is not a store that carries every single item by every single artist. Their philosophy is volume, as in huge volume. They have stores all through the west and a lot of central states, particularly Oklahoma and Texas. They are headquartered out of Amarillo. An instance here regarding how so see inventory would be classic rock in the M's. You might see multiple copies of Steve Miller's Fly Like An Eagle and only a few other titles. Then Joni Mitchell-multiple copies of Court and Spark and a few copies of other titles. Moody Blues, Monkees, Van Morrison-the same.

But they know how to run sales. And they do it with inventory they bought in bulk from other chains that sadly have gone under as well as new releases and cd's that have been brought in from people basically needing money. To mention a few---Tower Records, Borders, Wherehouse Cd's, Media Play, Circuit City. And have bought in bulk from other retail chains who basically "lowball" product. The reason I know this is I've been in a few dozen different Hastings in several states. And as I poke through the bins I see and purchase cd's that have the aforementioned store stickers on the cases and over those stickers have Hastings DISCOUNTED price. Just the other day at the Hastings in my area I bought a half dozen cd's (used) as they are running a buy one get the second for half off. Stores send used cd's to other Hastings stores frequently.

Other cd stores like Sam Goody, FYE, and CD Warehouse have cut back on a lot of their stores as well. Yes, I've seen their product in Hastings-marked used.

With the exception of Walmart, those stores took a shellacking because all they dealt with was music first and movies second. Hastings sells candy bars, energy bars, soft drinks, popcorn, coffee cups and shot glasses of your favorite artists, CD boomboxes, low budget dvd and blueray players, books, comic books, and lots of other items. Which is why they call themselves Hastings Entertainment. They cover as many bases that they can regarding the entertainment dollar. They are on the Nasdaq. Now! Regarding the Hastings stores in Idaho, I've been to two Boise stores, one in Meridian, the one in Twin Falls. All seemed to have a similar look regarding store layout and they seemed to be well run as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2014, 08:49 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,150,745 times
Reputation: 6212
Wink Something Fun to Look Forward To.... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Bringing this thread up to date.

That's the one issue I have with Hastings. But Hastings is not a store that carries every single item by every single artist. Their philosophy is volume, as in huge volume. They have stores all through the west and a lot of central states, particularly Oklahoma and Texas. They are headquartered out of Amarillo. An instance here regarding how so see inventory would be classic rock in the M's. You might see multiple copies of Steve Miller's Fly Like An Eagle and only a few other titles. Then Joni Mitchell-multiple copies of Court and Spark and a few copies of other titles. Moody Blues, Monkees, Van Morrison-the same.

But they know how to run sales. And they do it with inventory they bought in bulk from other chains that sadly have gone under as well as new releases and cd's that have been brought in from people basically needing money. To mention a few---Tower Records, Borders, Wherehouse Cd's, Media Play, Circuit City. And have bought in bulk from other retail chains who basically "lowball" product. The reason I know this is I've been in a few dozen different Hastings in several states. And as I poke through the bins I see and purchase cd's that have the aforementioned store stickers on the cases and over those stickers have Hastings DISCOUNTED price. Just the other day at the Hastings in my area I bought a half dozen cd's (used) as they are running a buy one get the second for half off. Stores send used cd's to other Hastings stores frequently.

Other cd stores like Sam Goody, FYE, and CD Warehouse have cut back on a lot of their stores as well. Yes, I've seen their product in Hastings-marked used.

With the exception of Walmart, those stores took a shellacking because all they dealt with was music first and movies second. Hastings sells candy bars, energy bars, soft drinks, popcorn, coffee cups and shot glasses of your favorite artists, CD boomboxes, low budget dvd and blueray players, books, comic books, and lots of other items. Which is why they call themselves Hastings Entertainment. They cover as many bases that they can regarding the entertainment dollar. They are on the Nasdaq. Now! Regarding the Hastings stores in Idaho, I've been to two Boise stores, one in Meridian, the one in Twin Falls. All seemed to have a similar look regarding store layout and they seemed to be well run as well.

Double H,

What a pleasant surprise to see your post here I would love it if my long-time friend came to the east side of ID to see the Idaho Falls Hastings

You and I could have fun shopping and catching up I could introduce you to a few here. Two work in adjacent businesses by Hastings.

I know I owe you two responses from your notes. Sorry (hangs head in shame). I'll get a PM sent. Of course if you wanted to shop more with others, that would be no problem for me.

Let's plan on it. Anyone else can attend too, just not the private talking we would get to do to get caught up.

I'm optimistic after a couple of more procedures, the above could be a reality for me. The procedures are scheduled and I just need to know when you want to see this side of Idaho. I'll send my procedure dates so you can be thinking. Wow, they will both be done a month from tomorrow. That's cool to write.

I just want to get caught up, find out what concerts you saw this year, who you're still going to see in 2014 and who you plan on seeing in 2015 It would be fun shopping for CDs, DVDs and books with you as we know enough of each other tastes in music (and some in sports).

I'm so happy you found this thread and posted here

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 11-01-2014 at 09:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2014, 11:28 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,150,745 times
Reputation: 6212
Talking :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Bringing this thread up to date.

That's the one issue I have with Hastings. But Hastings is not a store that carries every single item by every single artist. Their philosophy is volume, as in huge volume. They have stores all through the west and a lot of central states, particularly Oklahoma and Texas. They are headquartered out of Amarillo. An instance here regarding how so see inventory would be classic rock in the M's. You might see multiple copies of Steve Miller's Fly Like An Eagle and only a few other titles. Then Joni Mitchell-multiple copies of Court and Spark and a few copies of other titles. Moody Blues, Monkees, Van Morrison-the same.

But they know how to run sales. And they do it with inventory they bought in bulk from other chains that sadly have gone under as well as new releases and cd's that have been brought in from people basically needing money. To mention a few---Tower Records, Borders, Wherehouse Cd's, Media Play, Circuit City. And have bought in bulk from other retail chains who basically "lowball" product. The reason I know this is I've been in a few dozen different Hastings in several states. And as I poke through the bins I see and purchase cd's that have the aforementioned store stickers on the cases and over those stickers have Hastings DISCOUNTED price. Just the other day at the Hastings in my area I bought a half dozen cd's (used) as they are running a buy one get the second for half off. Stores send used cd's to other Hastings stores frequently.

Other cd stores like Sam Goody, FYE, and CD Warehouse have cut back on a lot of their stores as well. Yes, I've seen their product in Hastings-marked used.

With the exception of Walmart, those stores took a shellacking because all they dealt with was music first and movies second. Hastings sells candy bars, energy bars, soft drinks, popcorn, coffee cups and shot glasses of your favorite artists, CD boomboxes, low budget dvd and blueray players, books, comic books, and lots of other items. Which is why they call themselves Hastings Entertainment. They cover as many bases that they can regarding the entertainment dollar. They are on the Nasdaq. Now! Regarding the Hastings stores in Idaho, I've been to two Boise stores, one in Meridian, the one in Twin Falls. All seemed to have a similar look regarding store layout and they seemed to be well run as well.
Double H,

Check your PMs. One out of two is a start. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2014, 08:01 AM
 
16,522 posts, read 20,964,213 times
Reputation: 47952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Double H,

Check your PMs. One out of two is a start. LOL
Good morning MSR! Will do!

A couple of quick notes about Hastings I forgot to mention. For a long time Hastings did not take in paperback books in for trade but apparently that issue has changed. The one in my area does now.

Also the Hastings stores in the bigger cities are stocking record albums, not only new releases but also some classic rock back catalog (such as Beatles, R. Stones, etc.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2014, 09:59 PM
 
8,440 posts, read 11,150,745 times
Reputation: 6212
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Good morning MSR! Will do!

A couple of quick notes about Hastings I forgot to mention. For a long time Hastings did not take in paperback books in for trade but apparently that issue has changed. The one in my area does now.

Also the Hastings stores in the bigger cities are stocking record albums, not only new releases but also some classic rock back catalog (such as Beatles, R. Stones, etc.)
Good Morning, Good Day or Good Evening (take your pick), Double H

Can you believe it, I actually have written two PMs. Left you with a bit of a Cliff Hanger, didn't I?

More will follow this week. Now you know some of why I didn't answer before.

Will you take a camera or whatever you can to the concert? It's so powerful to hear this song live in person. I think you and I once before decided we were both at the Say You Will concert at the Pepsi Center. Nothing like Lindsey playing acoustic guitar and Stevie singing Landslide in CO

Circa 2014 -a preview for you.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rZZ7kVtxxco

What about TSO - are you going?

And just remember, despite the fact the song you named as the first one to get you to turn the radio dial, it's still a fav a mine (SHA -Alabama!). That 's because you do get it blasted on many stations and we don't.

I guess we really have been friends a lot of years. I have to catch up with Ditch too. If I could convince both of you to come here, or I'm kind of enroute to OR from where you are, Double H. LOL Not sure Ditch can do the trip for multiple reasons. So you could be the traveling one. BTW-is 6'3" in FL now?

Actually, the Mac played in Bozeman once and I saw them there. Wild experience..... but they like this part of the country too. Now that they are adding 15 more dates and will add more later, who knows.

Have a great evening and stay warm my friend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2014, 08:52 AM
 
16,522 posts, read 20,964,213 times
Reputation: 47952
Good morning MSR! Will send you a dm soon to fill ya in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top