U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 04:42 PM

16,522 posts, read 20,969,751 times

Advertisements

Bringing this thread up to date with some news that is somewhat painful to report as a good share of posts on this thread started by MSR are related to Hastings Entertainment.

There are several sources online that are reporting that Hastings has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The Hastings in my area (Grand Junction, Co.) has posted signs regarding two subjects; 1. No more buybacks on anything and 2. People have until July 13th to cash in their credit slips (gift cards.) I like buying certain things online but I like going into stores more. Always have. I'm hoping someone or someones steps up here. Right now the situation doesn't look good to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 01:48 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,153,998 times
Any new favorites to add for anyone? I also think poor to luke-warm service shold be called out here.

Maybe Culver's when built. A chain in only 22-23 states.

We have many businesses with good to better service so I was very disappointed at the LACK of effort I encountered at Panera's last month. I've been fairly open that I had a vocal cord become paralyzed in Dec, 2015. I'm one of the fortunate people who had the nerve regenerate so I started to talk in April at close to five months. It was a bigger ordeal than I ever expected. Voices are very personal.

As I started getting my voice back I tried a few drive thrus to get a drink. I have to give huge kudos to the Hitt Road McDonald's (the $1.00 drinks are the only thing I get there, or sometimes breakfast food). They've been the very best. Wendy's on Hitt has also been good. I didn't think much about how difficult it could be to place an order, even speech impaired, given the two fast foods I've already named, who were great. If they couldn't hear or understand me they simply had me drive forward to the window and get my order there. One would think Panera would do the same or even better.

WRONG!!!

The one time I went there, the male "attempting" to take my order worked hard at being as unhelpful as possible. He kept cutting me off, yelling at me, telling me to talk louder etc. I asked if I could order at the window? NO. I've wondered how he heard that question? So I ordered by leaving and telling them I was counting the days until Kneaders opened with a superior menu to theirs (which it is, at least for me).

Before anyone tells me I could have walked in, used a kiosk or emailed my order, I'm aware those options exist. However, I couldn't that day given the medical appts. I'd had. Panera will never see a dime of my money. Given how I felt when I left vs. the two fast foods who made me feel better about me, I'll be a loyal customer of Kneaders and any competition around Panera's. I was a loyal customer at Paradise Bakery, a "child" of Panera's before they consolidated.

Yes, I did try to call the manager sveral times. He was never available.

I have to give major props to the McDonald's and Wendy's on Hitt! They don't discriminate. And the crew working on Kneaders needs to hurry up and get that built!!!

Old 09-14-2016, 12:09 AM

Thumbs up Buzz feed has Spoken: Best Tacos in Idaho in Idaho Falls. Congrats Morenitas!

For all of us who are always wondering about various Mexican restaurants in our area, Buzzed has spoken nationally.

Congratulations Morenitas for being named the restaurant in Idaho with the best Tacos.

Morenita's honored for best tacos in Idaho | News - Home

Old 09-30-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
For all of us who are always wondering about various Mexican restaurants in our area, Buzzed has spoken nationally.

Congratulations Morenitas for being named the restaurant in Idaho with the best Tacos.

Morenita's honored for best tacos in Idaho | News - Home
Kneaders open today!! My plans are changing to include a piece of my earlier life with a Kneaders visit hopefully today

http://www.bizmojoidaho.com/2016/09/...y-morning.html

Old 10-05-2016, 08:11 AM

4,659 posts, read 15,777,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Kneaders open today!! My plans are changing to include a piece of my earlier life with a Kneaders visit hopefully today

BizMojo Idaho: Kneaders in Ammon opening Friday morning
I shall live vicariously through you. As tempting as it looks, my plans are not to darken their doorstep. I managed to drop a few pounds on my last trip, don't need to find them

Old 10-06-2016, 11:12 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,256,227 times
On a typical Saturday night dinner time at a popular restaurant how long are the waits and is there available parking?
Here we could have a 20 - 40 minute wait and no parking spaces.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:53 AM

382 posts, read 389,603 times
about the same wait time, but there's usually ample parking

Old 10-07-2016, 10:00 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,256,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
about the same wait time, but there's usually ample parking
tHAT's pretty bad. I thought in those small populated areas would be less or next to nothing.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:25 PM

382 posts, read 389,603 times
that's why only amateurs go out to eat on Saturdays. real foodies know better

Old 10-08-2016, 09:33 AM

4,659 posts, read 15,777,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmp4 View Post
that's why only amateurs go out to eat on Saturdays. real foodies know better

Mondays being "family night" can be a tad crazy too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls