Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 09:05 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
we have tons of blackbear restaurants here.
As they started in Shasta, CA it's no surprise I've missed diners like this since Sambo's went out of business years ago. Sadly, in my opinion, Dixie's Diner is just "alright".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 07:04 PM

168 posts, read 174,015 times
My wife and I had breakfast at Black Bear last week, and the portions were so large that we could have fed another table with the leftovers. We felt bad leaving so much, but taking it to-go would have been even more wasteful, since we'd then have styrofoam containers to throw out along with the un-eaten food.

As Garrison Keillor said so convincingly in the "Moose Turd Pie" saga:

"It was good, though."

Old 02-17-2017, 09:28 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.InAmmon View Post
My wife and I had breakfast at Black Bear last week, and the portions were so large that we could have fed another table with the leftovers. We felt bad leaving so much, but taking it to-go would have been even more wasteful, since we'd then have styrofoam containers to throw out along with the un-eaten food.

As Garrison Keillor said so convincingly in the "Moose Turd Pie" saga:

"It was good, though."
Yes, agreed. The husband and I now know if we can decide on the same dish, we'll split one.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:13 PM

82 posts, read 97,387 times
I don't know whether to post this here or the development junkie page..... as we were heading south on Utah Avenue today, we saw the Culver's sign. It was on the vacant corner just past Citizens Community Bank. I had heard previously that it would be on Pancheri, just west of the intersection. If that's the case, it's going to be on a pretty good sized piece of prime real estate. Now that ground has been broken, things should go up pretty quickly.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:30 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,861,256 times
Culver's is a very good fast food restaurant, better than anything else in IF. You may pay a little more, but the quality is usualy worth it.

Old 02-20-2017, 02:19 PM

[quote=Ret.InAmmon;47222667]My wife and I had breakfast at Black Bear last week, and the portions were so large that we could have fed another table with the leftovers.

I finally got to try the breakfast at Black Bear today....OMG....large portions ? Crazy big !

I knew the meal would be BIG because of what I ordered. I had the the Grizz. 3 eggs, 2 big pancakes, 2 slices of smokey bacon, 2 thick, spicy, link sausages, a nice sized hunk of ham, and hash browns. Everything was great. I will probably order something smaller next time, but my curiosity and appetite were both fully satisfied today.
My wife ordered the BIGfoot....chicken fried steak, 3 eggs, and hash browns. They should call it the Big FEET, because there were 2 large chicken fried steaks on the platter. Nice light breading, tender, crispy, but not scorched. It came with biscuits. Light fluffy biscuits....about the size of a pillow. Again, next time, she will order something smaller too.
Service was fast, but we were there for brunch, about 10:30, so we were between the breakfast and lunch rushes. Everything was nicely cooked, the waitress checked on us regularly, and every waitress who came by any table offered to top off beverages or water. We will go back again, and try some more menu items, as there is a lot that looks good.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:58 PM

We decided to try Culver's tonight, hoping the crowd would not be too bad, considering that they recently opened. It was about 7:30, the parking lot was fairly full, but there were a few open spots, so we took a chance and went in.
We were able to place our order within two minutes, and had it delivered to our table within 5 minutes.They got everything on the order right. Everyone working there was cheerful and friendly. The place was busy, but the staff was well trained, and very efficient.
The burgers were pressed very flat. It's their style. I prefer a thick, medium rare patty, but to be completely honest, I was pleasantly suprised at how good their double cheese burger is. The fries were OK, and the cheese curds were awesome. All the toppings on the burgers were fresh, crisp and in proper proportion. Even the fry sauce was a little more complex and flavorful than most.
Prices weren't bad, (Value Basket ) the double cheese burger with all the extras, a side dish, and a drink came to $9.00. It was money well spent.
Having tried Freddie's (twice) when they opened, and being very disapointed, my expectations were not very high coming here tonight. I'm glad we went, because Culver's is what I had hoped Freddies would have been. We were too full to try the fresh frozen custard, but I'm looking forward to going back again to try the custard and some of the other menu items. There are a lot of other kinds of sandwiches to try, and they all look good.

Last edited by siege; 07-11-2017 at 09:23 PM..

Old 07-11-2017, 09:28 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,002,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
We decided to try Culver's tonight, hoping the crowd would not be too bad, considering that they recently opened. It was about 7:30, the parking lot was fairly full, but there were a few open spots, so we took a chance and went in.
We were able to place our order within two minutes, and had it delivered to our table within 5 minutes.They got everything on the order right. Everyone working there was cheerful and friendly. The place was busy, but the staff was well trained, and very efficient.
The burgers were pressed very flat. It's their style. I prefer a thick, medium rare patty, but to be completely honest, I was pleasantly suprised at how good their double cheese burger is. The fries were OK, and the cheese curds were awesome. All the toppings on the burgers were fresh, crisp and in proper proportion. Even the fry sauce was a little more complex and flavorful than most.
Prices weren't bad, (Value Basket ) the double cheese burger with all the extras, a side dish, and a drink came to $9.00. It was money well spent.
Having tried Freddie's (twice) when they opened, and being very disapointed, my expectations were not very high coming here tonight. I'm glad we went, because Culver's is what I had hoped Freddies would have been. We were too full to try the fresh frozen custard, but I'm looking forward to going back again to try the custard and some of the other menu items. There are a lot of other kinds of sandwiches to try, and they all look good.
Try doing that here and you will wait in line for 30 to 60 minutes. that's if you can find a parking space first of all.

Old 07-14-2017, 06:51 PM

168 posts, read 174,015 times
My wife and I tried Culvers on Thursday evening. The wait was short, the menu was substantial, which slowed us down enough to let others go ahead. The environment was nice, all tables along the walls have electrical and USB outlets at them for the on-the-go-techies, the food delivery to our table was quick, the food was good. I had the cod sandwich and the wife had the basic single butter burger. I will return to try the custard and some of the other meal offerings.
Much nicer than the other fast food places (McDonalds, Jack's, Carl's, etc)

Old 07-14-2017, 08:00 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,002,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.InAmmon View Post
My wife and I tried Culvers on Thursday evening. The wait was short, the menu was substantial, which slowed us down enough to let others go ahead. The environment was nice, all tables along the walls have electrical and USB outlets at them for the on-the-go-techies, the food delivery to our table was quick, the food was good. I had the cod sandwich and the wife had the basic single butter burger. I will return to try the custard and some of the other meal offerings.
Much nicer than the other fast food places (McDonalds, Jack's, Carl's, etc)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls