Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 09:29 AM

4 posts, read 25,764 times

Advertisements

My husband and 3 kids are moving to Rigby,ID from California. Does anyone have any info on Rigby??? What are the people like? Weather etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2006, 09:37 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
Well, Rigby is a small dot on the map where everyone knows everyone and their business

Summers are mild, temps might flirt with the low 90's and winters can be a bear! Be prepared for temps well below zero and further when the winds blow and they do get the snow.

Old 07-11-2006, 10:19 AM

246 posts, read 329,217 times
Default Rigby

Rigby is very, very, very Mormon. Everyone knows everyone and where they went on their mission.

I'm curious. How do Californians pick a place to live? What do they plan to to for work when they get there?

Magpies

Old 07-11-2006, 08:23 PM

149 posts, read 1,097,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpiesMagpiesMagpies
Rigby is very, very, very Mormon. Everyone knows everyone and where they went on their mission.
OMG! You are hillarious. Must be the best part about NOT living in Idaho, is never having anybody ask me what ward I'm in.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:39 AM

9 posts, read 41,118 times
Default Anyone have info on Rigby, Idaho ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpalace
OMG! You are hillarious. Must be the best part about NOT living in Idaho, is never having anybody ask me what ward I'm in.
I am sorry, but when I read the last post I couldn't help but to lol, It just hit me so funny. The Medford, Oregon area has alot of Morman's too. They bulit a temple in Central Point, just 5 years ago, and I remember all the morman's buying property all around. Janet

Old 07-12-2006, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpiesMagpiesMagpies

I'm curious. How do Californians pick a place to live? What do they plan to to for work when they get there?

Magpies
You don't miss a beat Magpies You're so right!

I'm with you as far as wondering how they pick the place and what they're going to do for work. Not everyone can work at The Site

Old 07-12-2006, 08:37 AM

246 posts, read 329,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom
You don't miss a beat Magpies You're so right!

I'm with you as far as wondering how they pick the place and what they're going to do for work. Not everyone can work at The Site
Well, it's just that familiarity breeds contempt and I'm uniquely positioned to comment. Anyone moving to Rigby should be warned that the odds of moving next door to one of my cousins are better than average.

It's a mystery to me how anyone can pick Rigby as a destination short of throwing a dart at a map. *What* can these folks be doing for an income aside from living off their residual equity?! Are there some jobs outside of retail being created that the rest of us don't know about? Or does California just have a surplus of PhD's with valve patents who can find a Site gig?

I gotta know!

Magpies

Old 07-12-2006, 10:46 AM

Exactly! My husband and I were talking about that recently. We have a few new subdivisions going up in all four directions of us. Granted *some* might be second homes, yet the mailman says he sees tons of those yellow forwarding stickers from, you guessed it CA.

They are already building two new elementary schools east of Ammon, fine, but where will everyone be working??? Unless of course we're going to have a ton of real estate agents, builders, landscapers and teachers? A few of those don't clear $30,000 a year in income and as I said before not everyone will be working at The Site, too many pink slips last year and the year before as it is.

Old 07-13-2006, 03:23 AM

9 posts, read 41,118 times
Default Anyone have info on Rigby, Idaho ??

I know this is not about Rigby, but the same thing is going on in Southern OR. But at a much faster pace. They started buliding homes every where and there is no jobs here. This a retail area and the new homes are going for 700,000 on up. Every one is moving in from CA. In East Medford which is the best area of Medford to live I have counted 18 new contractor developments. The contractor's are asking for more land to bulid and they aren't done with the house's they are working on. When I go to the store 1/4 or more of the cars have CA plates. Janet

Old 07-13-2006, 10:53 AM

4 posts, read 25,764 times
Thanks for everyone's feedback... but i have a question... what did you mean by people in Rigby are very, very, very mormon??? Not to familiar with the religion. No we didn't just throw a dart at the map and said he Rigby sounds nice... We did research on the schools, and home prices etc and thought we wanted a change from the fast paced california. I guess we firgured like most californians to cash in on the real estate boom and have a cheaper house payment. Everything in CA is much more expensive and it just seems like the thing to do. It is unbelievable what the difference in home prices is! We choose Rigby also because we really like the house and the neighborhood, and because we are getting a couple of acres of land with a good size home and also because it is close enough to Idaho Falls and Rexburg for shopping etc.... I know we are really taking a chance!! Any more info would be much appreciated!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls