Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2013, 01:45 PM

5 posts, read 7,369 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are thinking about moving from Carson city Nevada to Idaho falls.
We have cold long winters here in Carson so the weather is not a problem.
My wife has worked in the medical field doing medical billing/Insurance cash posting for over 15 years and I am a wild life artist/photographer. Was wandering what the job outlook would be for my wife? I sell my art mostly on line. Any ideas as to where she should be looking other than craigslist, employment office and online newspaper?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 03:49 PM

23 posts, read 31,078 times
I am not in the med profession, nor do I go to the hospital very often. But I know the main hospital is eastern Idaho Regenal medical center. EIRMAC for short is here. Most every block has some sort of medical facility. There's also an urgent care clinic on 17th and ammon. I also know of the new VET clinic on 17th and ammon as well.
Good luck...

Old 07-06-2013, 04:41 PM

Thank you, we will look into that

Old 07-07-2013, 09:01 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
To be honest, the job scene here is bleak at best. Not to say it can't be done, but check with the Idaho Department of Labor, they have a job postings board and the Post Register. Good luck!

Old 07-08-2013, 08:22 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
To be honest, the job scene here is bleak at best. Not to say it can't be done, but check with the Idaho Department of Labor, they have a job postings board and the Post Register. Good luck!
I have to agree with Cleosmom. What I write might sound abrupt and I don't mean it that way. Given your wife's years in her work she should know the publications and/ societies who do medical billing etc. and how to network about a job.

I think there is a need for her and would encourage you to connect with the 2-3 major companies who do billing for many practitioners. Those are in addition to the two hospitals.

The problem I see is timing. When someone needs a medical billet or coder, they needed them yesterday. How rapidly could you relocate?

The medical community is growing and those who know how to correctly code and bill are in demand when there is a need.

One new trend we're seeing with Obamacare is it is an employer's market. Many are advertising, for individual offices, for a combination front office MA who can bill and do vitals and other procedures. Think of where your wife would fit in best with her current abilities and focus on them.

Good luck!

MSR

Old 07-08-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TetonTank View Post
I am not in the med profession, nor do I go to the hospital very often. But I know the main hospital is eastern Idaho Regenal medical center. EIRMAC for short is here. Most every block has some sort of medical facility. There's also an urgent care clinic on 17th and ammon. I also know of the new VET clinic on 17th and ammon as well.
Good luck...
TetonTank,

Nice to see your name again. When you can, will you please post some of your favorites in that thread? Given that others are moving to IF in weeks, your observations in your time here would be very helpful.

Just want to clarify here, are you saying there is a new Vet Clinic on 17th and not Ammon Veterinary located a little ways away? If so I've missed it.

What's it by on 17th street so I can look for it?

Have missed your posts. Hope you'll post more

MSR

Old 07-11-2013, 12:26 PM

23 posts, read 31,078 times
MSR...
I didn't know my postings here would be missed....just here to give my input, but Thnx.
What I ment was VA CLINIC... Forgot how to spell veteran.. so it a VETERAN AFFAIR CLINIC on 17th past ammon road..

Old 07-17-2013, 08:51 AM

We were hoping for some feedback about some of the medical facilities and employment agencies from someone that works in the medical field. Most of the time the wife uses a employment services. Thanks

Old 07-18-2013, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TetonTank View Post
MSR...
I didn't know my postings here would be missed....just here to give my input, but Thnx.
What I ment was VA CLINIC... Forgot how to spell veteran.. so it a VETERAN AFFAIR CLINIC on 17th past ammon road..
TT

I always like your posts. Thanks for clarifying about the Veterans Clinic. I think the VA does all their own billing. But I was thrilled to read it"s finally happening for Veterans. I think this was suppose to be done last year so I'm glad the $ made available for the clinic. If the original plan is still in place, a Family Practice physician is to work in that clinic full-time. I am all for more local care for Veterans.

I still can't figure out which building but look forward to seeing it used!

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls