Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2013, 05:33 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,431,476 times

Advertisements

You don't have to like the music, but I hope you can appreciate the message.

"Begin the day with a friendly voice,
A companion unobtrusive.
Plays a song that's so elusive
And the magic music makes your morning mood". ---NEP

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QuL_euRslTcu

All rights belong to RUSH, SRO, Anthem and all the labels and suits involved in away.

94.9- Rock one of the 2-3 stations you'll hear AOR in Eastern Idaho.

What radio stations do you listen to in Eastern Idaho?

Let's have fun with this thread

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 08:59 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
I listen to anything that isn't rap

Old 07-07-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Cleosmom,

With your work music can calm employees as well as those you care for.

I'm guessing you don't have talk radio on, although I could be wrong.

Could you please give a couple of stations you do listen to and where they are on the dial?
Thanks

I'm thinking stations like KLCE get listened to in many businesses. I don't know who their competition is for the easy listening light rock.

And I'm totally lost when it comes to "new country" vs. country music. Any posts anyone can clarify a out country music and stations where to find them would be appreciated.

In Idaho Falls, is it basically Rich Broadcasting and Riverbend Communications or have I missed some?

I honestly don't know what am stations there are and who owns them. Then there are the Pocatello stations and which ones are different call letters of other stations and which are owned by a group of radio stations.

Thanks in advance to all for sharing who you like and where to find them on the dial.

MSR

Old 07-07-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Oh, I don't listen to rap either! I don't even know which stations broadcast it.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:16 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,262,276 times
Generally at work we listen to country or classic rock which is on 107.1. The country stations vary. Right after Thanksgiving it is on KLCE for several weeks of Christmas music I did have one client inform his cats prefer jazz, well there is no market for jazz, we're merely a niche when it comes to that. Wish we had stronger following for soft jazz, I could have had someone get a decent station going who is used to the larger markets San Diego, Fresno to name a few).

In the car I am anywhere from 96.1, 99.1 both country.... 107.1 classic rock, 98.6 I think is some of today's music. Basically in my short commute, I listen to whatever isn't a commercial

I think the new country is stuff that can cross over to other genres (Taylor Swift etc) and old country is the tried and true, such as the styles of Hank Jr, Willie, Martina McBride... I could be wrong

Old 07-07-2013, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Generally at work we listen to country or classic rock which is on 107.1. The country stations vary. Right after Thanksgiving it is on KLCE for several weeks of Christmas music I did have one client inform his cats prefer jazz, well there is no market for jazz, we're merely a niche when it comes to that. Wish we had stronger following for soft jazz, I could have had someone get a decent station going who is used to the larger markets San Diego, Fresno to name a few).

In the car I am anywhere from 96.1, 99.1 both country.... 107.1 classic rock, 98.6 I think is some of today's music. Basically in my short commute, I listen to whatever isn't a commercial

I think the new country is stuff that can cross over to other genres (Taylor Swift etc) and old country is the tried and true, such as the styles of Hank Jr, Willie, Martina McBride... I could be wrong
Thanks Cleosmom,

I had to laugh about the client liking jazz best. Maybe the owner should start a light jazz station

Besides informing new residents and visitors, I hope this thread will allow others to write what they think is missing. Maybe many would like some Jazz and someone should notice.

I had two complaints recently about a station and emailed the manager. Apparently, the manager forwarded enough of my email when I called with a request that the specific DJ answered. He knew it was me calling. I asked for a request and in the DJ's response I both became more educated about local radio stations and also a little confused about any radio station anywhere. The DJ looked me up on LinkedIN 1-2 days later. I have some mixed feelings about that. A different topic for a different day.

Thanks for the info about "new country." Lady Antebellum is the example others had used with me. I still think it basically means a cross-over artist.

MSR

P.S. Play some jazz at work on a CD. More might like it and you apparently will have one happier client, maybe more.

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 07-07-2013 at 11:54 PM..

Old 07-13-2013, 09:20 AM

23 posts, read 31,078 times
I'm not really big into radio music. I try and stay away from mainstream poppy type music, I just download my own stuff and listen while i ride.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TetonTank View Post
I'm not really big into radio music. I try and stay away from mainstream poppy type music, I just download my own stuff and listen while i ride.
Ah TetonTank,

Glad to have you post. Of course we miss you and your great posts : I mostly do what you do too except when I really need to keep track of the time or weather.

I guess am would be better for the weather. I don't know those stations at all.

Do you ever check the music section out here?

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls